U.F.Grant

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

U.F.Grant

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2002, 6:52 am

Where would be the best place to find information on U.F.Grant and his marketed card effects, anyone got any suggestions please?

Geno Munari

Re: U.F.Grant

Postby Geno Munari » January 7th, 2002, 7:42 am

Paul:

There is an excellent resource bibliography that could help you locate an author's works. A Price Guide to Magic Books 1639-1990 .. It is great and may be a lead to exactly what you are looking for.

Geno (sorry for the plug..try www.houdini.com and search for it.)

John Pezzullo

Postby John Pezzullo » January 8th, 2002, 12:48 am

Paul,

Mak Magic mention the following on their web site:

"Mak Magic was founded in 1919 by U.F. 'Gen' Grant, inventor the U.F. Grant Line of Popular Magic.

He received recognition for having one of the most proficient minds in magic. He is the inventor of more magical effects than anyone in the history magic.

Mak still manufactures much of the U.F. Grant Popular line from the 1930's. His daughter, son-in-law, and grandson currently run the business."

This may prove to be a suitable point of reference. Their URL is:
www.makmagic.com

Regards,

John

Postby Guest » January 8th, 2002, 3:37 am

Thanks John, that's great.

re:He is the inventor of more magical effects than anyone in the history magic.

And I thought he was just a contender :)

I will check the site out.

John Pezzullo

Postby John Pezzullo » January 9th, 2002, 1:52 am

Paul,

I'm glad to be of assistance.

I don't know how helpful the actual web site itself will be in relation to your request for information regarding the card tricks that Mr. Grant marketed. You're most probably better off contacting his relatives and asking if they're willing to grant you access to any archived materials they may hold.

Postby Guest » January 9th, 2002, 4:29 am

Yes, strangely the site advertises no U.F. Grant card effects at all. Just the usual stuff from elsewhere. What a wasted opportunity.

Return to “General”