A Word About MORE POWER TO YOU

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
David Acer

A Word About MORE POWER TO YOU

Postby David Acer » December 2nd, 2011, 12:15 pm

Hi Folks,

My new book from Hermetic Press - "More Power To You" - is officially out and at your local magic shop, assuming you still have a local magic shop, and they still sell books. If you don't, or they don't, the book can also be purchased online, assuming anyone still buy books online, and everyone isn't just downloading scanned versions from torrent sites. Stephen Minch promised me he was going to use a special font to prevent that, but I think he might have just said that so I would stop calling him in the middle of the night and crying on his answering machine.

There's an ad for the book in the December Genii - 29 tricks hand-picked from over 20 years of publishing, rewritten from scratch and updated - plus 3 new tricks that use a coffee cup, a smartphone, and business cards.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask, like this one I recently received via email: "R U going to put MORE POWER TO YOU out on DVD?" The answer, of course, is that we'll be putting it out on VHS first, then laserdisc, then DVD.
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Re: A Word About MORE POWER TO YOU

Postby Dustin Stinett » December 2nd, 2011, 3:04 pm

I received my copy from Hermetic Press yesterday. Without a doubt, the notes on the inside front of the dust jacket are worth the price of admission.

Thank you for your wisdom Mr. Acer.

Dustin

John M. Dale

Postby John M. Dale » December 2nd, 2011, 4:22 pm

David Acer wrote:If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask, like this one I recently received via email: "R U going to put MORE POWER TO YOU out on DVD?" The answer, of course, is that we'll be putting it out on VHS first, then laserdisc, then DVD.

WHAT??!!! No blu-ray??!!!! how do U expect me to learn anything in lo def??!!! Next thing u'll expect me actually practice & stuff before I put my vids up on YouTube. Sheesh! :eek:

JMD

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » December 17th, 2011, 4:20 pm

ON THE WAY TO THE HEADWATERS OF THE AMAZON

Noted escomateur, Robert A. Farmer, Esq., muses on David Acer's new book.

When I knew David Acer, back in the Magic Castle days, he was out of his head a lot of the time, a screamin' loony barking at a moon that wasn't there. But when he put down the demons and picked up a deck of cards, all the screaming was coming from the audience. I'd told him before, don't point the crossbow at the audience, the one he used in the arrow-through-selection routine, but he didn't listen, he never listened. Actually he was completely deaf in both ears so I had to write it out for him.

I lost track of David after the battery died on his court-ordered ankle GPS, but over the years I'd see him at the stalker hearings. Then last week, as I was passing the Russian embassy, a tall man wearing a black overcoat and a big furry hat, furtively pressed a book into my hands and whispered, "Leo Tolstoy dances in the pants of the bourgeoisie." I knew it was David. I knew it because he was wearing a button that said, "My name is David."

Was this a last desperate cry for help or a crass commercial come-on planned by his enabler, the elusive and mysterious, Stefan Minchov, the other Russian connection.

I read the book on the train to the headwaters of the Amazon and tried several of the tricks on the woman sitting opposite. Little did I know that in that country, several of these effects were considered criminal offenses and the penalty was death by -- and here taste the bittersweet irony -- crossbow.

Tomorrow at dawn I will be impaled and my body fed to the chickens and alligators so common in this area. And I have only one person to thank. Machiavelli has a new name and that name is Acer, David Acer. This time he wins and so will you if you buy a copy of his latest book. Just don't try any of the tricks on a woman on a train on the way to the headwaters of the Amazon.

--Bob Farmer

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » December 18th, 2011, 5:09 am

"Edited by Bob Farmer (December 17, 2011 07:23 PM)"

Having read the post, one can only pause and wonder what this editing entailed.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » December 18th, 2011, 8:40 am

I took out the funny parts.

David Acer

Postby David Acer » December 18th, 2011, 10:59 am

Bob Farmer wrote:I took out the funny parts.

And thank God you did - otherwise people might have thought you were joking.
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » December 19th, 2011, 8:34 am

There are a couple of really good effects in the book that require a circle to be cut out of a card. The best way to do this is with a die, but OLFA makes several circle cutters you can buy at Michaels:

http://www.olfa.com/CircleCutters.aspx

Jim Martin

Postby Jim Martin » December 19th, 2011, 10:12 am

Outstanding info, Bob - thanks.
Jim Martin
St. Louis MO

Jim Riser

Postby Jim Riser » December 19th, 2011, 10:06 pm

Bob,
Why did you take the train instead of the boat?
Jim

chrys1985

Postby chrys1985 » March 14th, 2012, 3:17 am

like a magic. i just see this book on a online book store
LED Spotlights
http://www.imigyled.com/product/she/

Return to “Light From the Lamp”