Video of "Overtime" (Oct 2010 Genii)

Discuss the tricks and sleights which appear in Genii.
David Acer

Video of "Overtime" (Oct 2010 Genii)

Postby David Acer » August 24th, 2011, 4:45 pm

If you have nothing to do for the next 91 seconds, here's a newly posted video of a card trick called "Overtime," from the October 2010 issue of Genii:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2_sT653gGU
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

Anthony Vinson

Re: Video of "Overtime" (Oct 2010 Genii)

Postby Anthony Vinson » August 29th, 2011, 10:44 am

A well-spent 91 seconds. You know, I recall briefly playing around with Overtime 2.0, after reading the October 2010 issue, but for some reason it didn't strike a chord for me. After watching the video I went back and, son of a gun, it's really quite nice - quick, direct and fun to perform. The one-handed get ready for Vernon's Depth Illusion is ruffling my fur, but until I get it down I can use my right hand. But, hey, that hasn't been a problem since puberty!

Thanks!

AV

David Acer

Re: Video of "Overtime" (Oct 2010 Genii)

Postby David Acer » August 30th, 2011, 1:49 pm

Hi Anthony,

I know what it's like to have a change of heart about a trick. I used to hate the dancing cane, but now I can't imagine closing my sponge ball routine without it.

As for the one-handed tilt get-ready, it's a knacky thing. Luckily, you don't really need it for "Overtime," since you can tilt the card while your back is still to the audience. Unfortunately, that sometimes leads to a "cozy" grip on the deck when you turn to face the audience, so I prefer to perform the one-handed get-ready while my other hand is retrieving the selection.
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

Return to “Magicana”