For Richard Kaufman

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Wolkenlaufer

For Richard Kaufman

Postby Wolkenlaufer » August 17th, 2011, 6:44 pm

For Richard .......

Your book arrived today, Richard, and I'm having a lot of fun with it already. I'm skipping around a bit and currently working on "Through The Table" a trick I had forgotten that I knew way back before my diagnosis.

My Alzheimer counsellor was here yesterday and I told her about y'all and how helpful you all have been and she thinks my idea of doing a magic show is a good one.

I do have one problem I need to work on: telling how I do a trick. I stopped myself yesterday when I showed Suzette the flower boxes in the bag trick! :)

Thanks again, and I'm waiting on the other books I ordered.

Bill
My Alzheimer's Related Dementia blog is at: www.wheretobud.blogspot.com

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: For Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 17th, 2011, 8:05 pm

Bill, I hope you get a lot out of it.

I have a presentational idea for you if you have trouble remembering the actual steps and can't get all the way through a trick. Write the steps down on index cards and hold them in your hand while you do the trick. To excuse this, use patter along the lines of, "I just got this fantastic trick in the mail, and it told me to follow the instructions on these cards to produce an amazing result."
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Wolkenlaufer

Re: For Richard Kaufman

Postby Wolkenlaufer » August 17th, 2011, 9:59 pm

What a great idea, Richard! :) I can definitely do that! I appreciate all you guys taking an interest in me and my battle with what I call my "Protein Helmet"! :D

I'm hoping to have something ready in time for the holidays when we have our yearly Alzheimer's Association banquet.

Thanks again and I have readers of my blog from all over the world, so would it be okay to post a link here with my next entry?

Bill
My Alzheimer's Related Dementia blog is at: www.wheretobud.blogspot.com

Return to “General”