Pieces from my DVD setr

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Harry Lorayne

Pieces from my DVD setr

Postby Harry Lorayne » August 7th, 2011, 11:47 am

For those who are interested, a friend has put up a YouTube site with, I believe, four routines from my "Best Ever" DVD set, Vol. 1. If you go to www.youtube.com/harrylorayneonvideo you'll see the choices. Scroll down to see all four at left. Choices are of me performing The Great Divide, Magician Vs. Gambler, the Lorayne Poker Deal, HaLo Aces. I sure do hope you enjoy. HL.

Harry Lorayne

Re: Pieces from my DVD setr

Postby Harry Lorayne » August 7th, 2011, 3:12 pm

Three more items just added - Strange Voyage, Rock & Roll Aces, Numero Uno.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » August 7th, 2011, 8:58 pm

These are GREAT--thanks Mr. Lorayne!

(Nobody can sell a trick like Harry Lorayne can...NOBODY!)

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » August 9th, 2011, 12:12 am

A few more items just put up on the site; more (including Impromptu Linking Card) coming soon. Check out The Sting, as killer routine.

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » August 10th, 2011, 10:24 am

I've received a few calls and emails from people who have viewed some of the stuff of mine on that YouTube site asking if I teach how to do those items on my DVDs. Well, of course! That's the point of the DVDs - perform, then teach. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » August 11th, 2011, 4:12 pm

Thanks, Erdnasephile. Seems as if you're the ONLY person interested.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 11th, 2011, 4:25 pm

Harry, we have many thousands more people lurking here than posting, so you won't necessarily get any feedback from people who have watched the videos.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » August 11th, 2011, 6:34 pm

Of course, I understand that, Richie, but my ego, I guess, I just expected a few more remarks about it - good, bad or indifferent. When I last looked at the site I saw (if I'm reading it correctly - as you know, I'm a lousy computer person) that about 1,450 people have come there and that the videos have been viewed over 2,500 times. Of all those - ONE person remarked?! I considered that a bit odd, but no matter. Wasn't my idea to put up that site in the first place, was talked into it - but can't hurt! Best - Harry.

Ken Becker

Postby Ken Becker » August 11th, 2011, 10:45 pm

Harry,
Your efforts are not lost. I'm from the same era that your are;
I have your books, am familiar with a lot of your material...and
still...your presentation is so fantastic that I have to consult
the books to see that what you are doing is really what I know, or thought I knew, to be the method. Keep it up! It's great!
Ken Becker

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » August 11th, 2011, 11:49 pm

Okay, Ken, thanks. There are more coming - items from Volume 3 of the DVD set are next. H.

luigimar

Postby luigimar » August 12th, 2011, 1:17 pm

Harry,

I have the DVD set, so there's no need for me to see in on youtube when I can watch the DVDs anytime I want without having to be online.

One of the effects I enjoy performing is Earthly Powers. Killer!!!
luigimar

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » August 12th, 2011, 3:17 pm

That is a "killer." I've had a few requests to have that on that site. I'll check with Jim Noon, who's doing it all for me, to see if it's not too late.

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » August 12th, 2011, 5:08 pm

Earthly Powers is now on that YouTube site. I'm not thrilled with some of the camera angles. I work to the audience, not the cameras, and therein lies the problem. That's true with a number of the effects, but I'm sure you all realize that - what you may, or may not, see on camera - my live audience never sees.

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » August 12th, 2011, 11:55 pm

Okay, six more items - from Vol. 3 of my DVD set - have been uploaded to the site. They include The Card Sharp & The Four Gamblers and the Amb. Cd. Routine, which some have asked about. HL.

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » August 13th, 2011, 10:20 am

Six more items, selected from DVD, vol. 3 are now on the site. Included are The Card Sharp & The Four Gamblers and my Amb. Card Routine - they were requested. Enjoy (I hope)!

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » August 13th, 2011, 10:21 am

Oops - forgive the redundancy, please. I'll post again when some items from the final volume are uploaded.

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » August 14th, 2011, 1:29 pm

A bunch of stuff from Volume 4, the last volume, of my "Best Ever" DVD set is now at the cite. There are a couple of non-card things there that you might enjoy also. These clips from very old videos, so the speed is fast (I know I speak quickly, but it's a bit faster than I actually speak) - you'll still enjoy them, I think. HL.

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » August 18th, 2011, 12:01 pm

All done. Eight or nine items from Vol. 4 of the DVD set are uploaded to that site now. As I watch some of the items now, I'm a bit upset because the camera caught breaks, etc., that I'd rather it didn't. Truth is, I work to the live audience not to the cameras. So, what the cameras may "see" the people in my live audience do not. Just wanted to make that clear.

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » August 18th, 2011, 5:56 pm

No, no - to those who've asked - there are NO gaffed cards of any kind used in any of the items. I use ONLY regular decks.

Walrus

Postby Walrus » August 23rd, 2011, 2:13 pm

Mr. Lorayne, I am new here, not real experienced in magic. I love to perform, I am just a passionate amateur. I have to say I am not familiar with you as I stated, alot of this is my first exposure to this world. I have to say I am glad I have come to see your work. That was beautiful. I will definitley be looking forward to getting some of your material. Currently, I am working on the one handed popover. Once I have completed that, I will be obtaining some of your teachings. Thank You.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”