Elmsley's Ever Change Count

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Elmsley's Ever Change Count

Postby Guest » January 4th, 2005, 12:33 pm

I am working on becoming proficient on Elmsley's trick Dazzle. I have all the cards required and I have Elmsley's Collected Works volume 2. However the trick relys on knowing Elmsley's Ever Change count which is explained in Volume 1 of his collected works. I hate to spend $40.00 to learn the one count and thought that perhaps someone can tell me of another place to find an explanation of the count or maybe you have a used beat up Volume 2 that I can still read the explanation of the count and would sell it at a reasonable (code for low) price.Perhaps someone can explain it to me by e-mail at rparmacek@comcast.net. I know how to do the regular Elmsley Count, the Jordan count and the Hamman count and I would guess that all the "moves" are contained somewhere within those counts. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Re: Elmsley's Ever Change Count

Postby Guest » January 4th, 2005, 1:12 pm

I've e-mailed a description to you. Hope it helps.

Dave

Postby Guest » January 4th, 2005, 2:43 pm

Thank you Dave, The explanation is just great and I appreciate your helping me out.

Scott Fridinger

Postby Scott Fridinger » January 4th, 2005, 11:00 pm

Bob, you really should spend the extra $40 to get Volume 1 of the Collected Works of Alex Elmsley. They are two of the best books I own and you will not be wasting your money. Next time you go to buy s $35 DVD with 6 tricks on it, spend the extra cash and get the book.

Regards
Scott

Postby Guest » May 19th, 2007, 12:39 pm

I always have trouble with Johnny Thompson's variation on the Dazzle count. He uses the count to show 4 as 5. I always have trouble keeping the cards in one unified packet so that the cards don't show under each other.

magickrow

Postby magickrow » June 29th, 2011, 6:45 pm

I don't know about you but doing the ever change count is very difficult for me. There is no way I can do it confidently and smoothly without flashing cards. However, I did work out a way to do this count that is MUCH easier and looks the same. If interested let me know.

Hannes Freytag

Postby Hannes Freytag » July 3rd, 2011, 3:25 am

..i played with the ever change count because of elmsleys dazzle act so i would be interested in your variant.
thanks
Hannes

Woody Aragon

Postby Woody Aragon » August 21st, 2011, 8:19 pm

Marlo also had a variation on the everchange count: instead a buckle, he let the card in a kind of lateral jog. Anyway, you can see the own Mr. Elmsley doing the count in the Elmsley videos of L&L publishing. I learned there yeard ago and I never had any problem with the move.

Woody

Ryan Matney

Postby Ryan Matney » August 22nd, 2011, 2:03 am

I learned it first from the Elmsley videos but later i found I could do it much quicker and easier by doing a pulldown instead of a buckle.

Anyone having trouble might try that.
Get the Dirty Work - Available now at http://www.ryanmatneymagic.com

Return to “Close-Up Magic”