Convenience Store Magic

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

Convenience Store Magic

Postby Guest » March 2nd, 2002, 7:16 pm

While visiting my out of town family at christmas, I discovered that they had planned for me to do a show for them after Christmas lunch! I had left everything magic at home, over 300 miles away!

On the way to the lunch, I found a drugstore that was open on Christmas day and bought a bunch of substitute props.

Cards, of course, a jump rope from the toy aisle for C&R & Prof. Nitemare, a bag of Pork Rinds for the Torn and Restored Card to Sealed Pork Rinds Bag trick, etc.

What kind of tricks could you come up with from a convenience store? --Asrah

Brian Marks

Re: Convenience Store Magic

Postby Brian Marks » March 2nd, 2002, 7:37 pm

Well I could pick up some post it notes I use for a center tear routine as well as a couple of decks of cards. There are several different coin routines I do utilizing borrowed coins, one routine plays to larger audiences and one to smaller, I do a bill switch w/o a tip.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » March 2nd, 2002, 10:14 pm

We were doing a full evening spook show and arrived in a small town to find the theater manager had nailed the movie screen down.

We had to do a show in the aisles of the theater!

A trip to a hardware store and a Woolworth, armed with having read the Tarbell Course, we did things like rope rings coat, etc.

Sometimes you have to be glad you have studied the basics. :rolleyes:
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » March 4th, 2002, 4:58 am

I got my copy in Roma (Italy) last sunday, just in time for the weekend :)
What I don't understand is: why I got Genii and didn't get Linking Ring, also if I subscribe both of them airmail ?

Postby Guest » March 4th, 2002, 7:18 am

I was tending bar one night and was asked by my boss to put on a show 30 minute show for some clients he had coming. I had no equipment with me but in about 5 minutes I had a good solid half hour with props from around the bar. I used:

A roll of toilet paper and did paper balls over the head.

Slydini's rope routine with a piece of rope we used to hold open the back door on hot nights.

An impromptu insurance policy type trick. I wrote an IOU for $100 and showed the audience. Folded underneath was the fine print that said, if you don't pick the three of clubs. I then put that in the envelope, sealed it in front of the spectators and handed the envelope to the spectator and had him pick a card, which was surprisingly, the three of clubs.

I then did Malini's card stab.

Signed bill to lemon.

And closed with the cups and balls. using coffee cups, olives, and lemons.

All in all it was a great show. My boss said he had no idea that I carried all my big magic stuff around with me like that.

Best,

Dan-

[ March 04, 2002: Message edited by: Danny Hustle ]

Return to “General”