original issues Apocalypse by Harry Lorayne

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
JimmieH

original issues Apocalypse by Harry Lorayne

Postby JimmieH » February 28th, 2011, 12:38 pm

This is Volume 13, January thru December of 1990

Each issue is 12 pages and packed with a variety of tricks from a vast array of contributing magicians. Harry closes each issue with his "ellipses" where he offers personal commentary on people, places and things.

Here's the cool thing: You get 12 individual issues for only $22, postage included. It makes it very easy to carry an issue to work, to read while watching TV, or during local commuting as well as plane travel.

Think how nice it will be to have magic at your fingertips without having to carry heavy books around.

I have many years available, there were 20 years in all. ENJOY!!

James Hartman
2020 Cyprus Dipper Ave
N. Las Vegas, NV 89084
jh71ab@cox.net
Last edited by JimmieH on February 28th, 2011, 12:52 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: spelling

JimmieH

Re: original issues Apocalypse by Harry Lorayne

Postby JimmieH » March 1st, 2011, 12:26 pm

HOW ABOUT $20, POSTAGE INCLUDED FOR ALL 12 ISSUES FROM THIS YEAR

that's about 13 cents a page!!!!!

contributions in these 12 issues from some of the great names in magic: GARY OUELLET, DAVID REGAL, ED MARLO, ALDO COLOMBINI, BOB KING, BERNARD BILIS, JO MONTI, DOUG EDWARDS, SHIGEO TAKAGI,
WALTER CUMMINGS, DOUG EDWARDS, HARRY LORAYNE, KARRELL FOX, HOWARD SCHWARZMAN, DAVID WILLIAMSON, RANDY WAKEMAN, SOL STONE, MIKE BORNSTEIN, J. K. HARTMAN, KEN KRENZEL JUAN TAMARIZ.......AND MORE!!!!!!

JimmieH

Postby JimmieH » March 4th, 2011, 5:22 pm

HOW ABOUT $18, POSTAGE INCLUDED FOR ALL 12 ISSUES FROM 1990

that's only $1.50 an issue!!!!!

contributions in these 12 issues from some of the great names in magic: GARY OUELLET, DAVID REGAL, ED MARLO, ALDO COLOMBINI, BOB KING, BERNARD BILIS, JO MONTI, DOUG EDWARDS, SHIGEO TAKAGI,
WALTER CUMMINGS, DOUG EDWARDS, HARRY LORAYNE, KARRELL FOX, HOWARD SCHWARZMAN, DAVID WILLIAMSON, RANDY WAKEMAN, SOL STONE, MIKE BORNSTEIN, J. K. HARTMAN, KEN KRENZEL JUAN TAMARIZ.......AND MORE!!!!!!

JimmieH

Postby JimmieH » March 13th, 2011, 1:23 pm

ONE MORE PRICE REDUCTION

NOW $15 FOR ALL 12 ISSUES FROM 1990

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 13th, 2011, 4:52 pm

I sympathize with you: it's a hard sell because they're all available in book form.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » March 13th, 2011, 6:14 pm

Exactly. If you had original single 1978/1979 issues - maybe...

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » March 13th, 2011, 6:15 pm

That price is more than a bargain. But the best way to sell original magazines like Apocalypse is as a complete file.

JimmieH

Postby JimmieH » March 14th, 2011, 3:06 am

I appreciate everyone's comments, and you're all correct. It is frustrating because this publication was such an important part of magical literature for so long. There is tons of info in each issue that would be of real value to virtually anyone interested in the art of magic.
Yes, they are available in book form, but part of the appeal of individual issues was their portability....take it to work,bus, train, plane, or on the john.
I subscribed to this for most of the 20 years, a year or two have now been sold, but I'm thinking that maybe I should just sell the whole lot, any thoughts?
Richard, Harry, and Dustin, I do appreciate your taking the time to comment.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » March 14th, 2011, 8:01 am

I concur with Dustin--selling them as a complete file is easiest.

In addition, those that know what these are probably already have them. Those that don't may not appreciate their true value.

A more descriptive ad would probably help stoke interest. (Perhaps a listing of what effects in those particular issues that are your favorites?) John Mendoza had a series of articles over at "the green place" describing how to write a magic ad that is well worth reading.

The easiest way to turn them over would be to sell them to a magazine dealer (say MH Magic Magazines)

Good luck!

PS: I'm not sure knowing they were read "on the john" is a strong selling point... (Just kidding, bro! :) )

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”