in-VISIBLE deck- My own Creation

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Asad

in-VISIBLE deck- My own Creation

Postby Asad » January 4th, 2011, 6:37 am

This is a routine that i came up with its really interesting yet very simple to perform.

Effect...

you borrow the deck of cards from a spectator and ask them to shuffle their cards. now you take the deck and place it back into the box and hand them over their deck. Now you introduce your deck ask them to remember a card as you riffle through the pack. they got a card. now you ask your spectator to think of that card is turning upside down in the deck that they are holding. They do so. Now you ask them to open the box and check the cards the thought card is upside down in the entire deck. now you show your deck that card is also upside down in your deck.

Secret:::

this trick consist only on one sleight The Force. Use any force you like but riffle force the same force that is used on tv by the magicians when they perform magic for you they riffle the cards and ask you to when you see a card just remember it.

Technique::::

when you ask to borrow the deck from spectator you ask the to shuffle the cards they do it. now you take the deck from them and introduce your deck to them and ask them to shuffler your deck as well. as they are doing this simply turnover one card in the deck you want to force.

when they shuffle your deck give their deck back to them with turn over card inside the deck. ask them to put the cards in the box. and hold on to it.

now from your deck your riffle force the selected card. ask your spectator to imagine that their card is turning over in their deck.

they do so. now you ask them to open the box and look for their card. as they are doing you also turn the forced card in your deck. when they will see that their card is turned over in their hands they will flip now to hit hard you show that the card in your deck is also turn over.

Jonathan Townsend

Re: in-VISIBLE deck- My own Creation

Postby Jonathan Townsend » January 4th, 2011, 9:52 am

IMHO that's very good as a card routine that works for real people. Exactly the sort of thing that one hopes beginners will be learning to do. Congratulations.

Taking another step, if such is of interest to you, it would be respectful to know the proper names of the methods you are using and the published precedents for the ideas which make up the routine. If you'd like to know more about where your routine finds a place in our literature - the books (and ebooks, maybe some DVDs) await your study.

PS Bill McCaffrey's "The Prize Winner" might give you some more ideas. It's in Greater Magic.

Asad

Postby Asad » January 4th, 2011, 10:27 am

Thank you for your kindness,
You see i am doing magic since 10 years, but in Pakistan there is no concept of Modern Magic,

This is why i do not know much names of the moves, i am still in learning process, on the other hand my english is not good enough,
but i have some great ideas regarding magic, i'll try to post with proper names of moves, until please ignore any mistake.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » January 4th, 2011, 10:40 am

Asad, your English is very good.
Perhaps there is a local magic club where there are books?
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Asad

Postby Asad » January 4th, 2011, 12:01 pm

Ok.. I'll download again Expert at Card Table and Card College edition, i studied them i'll study them again.
thanks

Return to “Close-Up Magic”