My NEW Houdini blog: "Wild About Harry"

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.
JohnCox
Favorite Magician: HOUDINI!

My NEW Houdini blog: "Wild About Harry"

Postby JohnCox » November 11th, 2010, 2:50 pm

Hey gang. So I've launched an all-new Houdini blog: Wild About Harry (http://houdiniwild.blogspot.com/). As some of you know, I currently run the website Houdini Lives, and will continue to post news and whatnot on that site. This is not a replacement -- yet.

This new blog acts as a "news catcher" with links to the last 5 stories on Houdini Lives -- and a place to repost significant news and reviews so they enjoy a longer main page life (and Google better). It's just a bit more personal and better organized collection of major Houdini whatnot, things that I think my fellow fans will find (most) interesting.

I'm also able to take advantage of all the latest nifty features offered by Blogger, which is sooooo much better than iWeb, which I now regret getting tethered to with Houdini Lives.

So please have a look. I'm still building and organizing. Please leave me some comments and feedback. Hey, it's just another way for you to keep up with all the latest Harry happenings. I'm Wild About Harry! And so are you.

Thanks and enjoy.
Visit my blog Wild About Harry

JohnCox

Re: My NEW Houdini blog: "Wild About Harry"

Postby JohnCox » November 12th, 2010, 3:42 pm

JohnCox

Postby JohnCox » November 21st, 2010, 12:56 pm

So I'm completely obsessed with my new blog, and it's on fire. Tomorrow (Monday) I'm going to post up something I'm very proud of. I believe I've discovered the first attempt by a major Hollywood studio to make a movie based on Houdini's life. This is something that has lay undiscovered in studio archives for over 70 years. Very exciting stuff (if you're as into Houdini and film as I am). :) Teaser here.

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » November 21st, 2010, 5:32 pm

Are you referring to the proposed 1934 biopic that would have starred Fred Keating?

JohnCox

Postby JohnCox » November 21st, 2010, 5:59 pm

Hey Bill. Saw your comment on my site. Nope, this one is a bit earlier than that. But I'd love to know more about the Keating project. Was this the Paramount film that was to be produced by Dore Schary by any chance?

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » November 21st, 2010, 9:59 pm

Dunno. I found an LA Times article mentioning that Keating was going to be in a movie about Houdini, and it was written by Joe Swerling.

JohnCox

Postby JohnCox » November 22nd, 2010, 1:26 am

Huh. That's a new one to me. Worth investigating. Thanks.

Return to “Link Watch”