Sporadic Genii Columnists

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Brian

Sporadic Genii Columnists

Postby Brian » August 4th, 2001, 8:50 pm

Hi All -

I was looking for any info on the way the columninsts who do not appear in every issue are "lined up." For example, Tony Giorgio - Is his column quarterly? Is it just whenever he has material?

I think the reviewers alternate, is that right?

Thanks for any info on this -
Brian

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Sporadic Genii Columnists

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 4th, 2001, 10:58 pm

Hi Brian,
When I took over Genii I wanted to start with a clean slate, and so let most of the people who wrote for Genii at that time (1998) go, with the exceptions of Jamy Swiss, Danny Orleans, and Eugene Burger.
I started receiving requests for Tony Giorgio to once again begin his Giorgio letters, and after enough requests came in, I contacted Tony about starting his column once again. Tony's health has not been great (he has had several bouts of cancer), and he is in the middle of lawsuit where he is representing himself. It's a tough business and he doesn't have a lot of free time. So, while he would like to get a column to me on the same bi-monthly schedule as all of our other columnists, he has not always been able to do that for entirely understandable reasons.
We also had many requests for Paul Osborne to return with his illusion plans, and once I felt things at Genii were on an even keel, I approached Paul and he returned.
Osborne, like most columnists at Genii, writes every other month. Al Schneider is an exception because his column has appeared almost every month (except when some special issue didn't allow room).
In the case of Jeff Sheridan, about whose column we've also had a lot of requests, in that case it's entirely my fault because I just haven't been able to devote the time to writing up his material.
Hope that answers some of your questions.
:)
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Brian

Postby Brian » August 11th, 2001, 12:16 pm

Great! Thanks, Richard - now I know what's up.

This lawsuit has been going on for quite awhile! Not too long ago, I noticed Tony's picture was no longer in the Close Up Room at the Castle.

I've heard various details about that lawsuit. I'd sure like to hear the definative story...

Thanks -
Brian

pduffie

Postby pduffie » August 11th, 2001, 12:50 pm

I've heard various details about that lawsuit. I'd sure like to hear the definative story...
==========================================
Try Giorgio's web pages for his side:
http://www.tonygiorgio.addr.com/

Best Wishes

Peter

Brian

Postby Brian » August 11th, 2001, 9:55 pm

Never would have thought of that!

Thanks, Peter -
BC :confused:

Return to “General”