Another interlude plan set sells on ebay.

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Rick Ruhl

Another interlude plan set sells on ebay.

Postby Rick Ruhl » October 14th, 2010, 11:39 am

I took mine off last year but someone sold these last week.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Interlude-Illusion- ... 1c162ae883

And those arent blueprints, they are copies of blueprints. I know because I sent Jim Steinmeyer a copy of the ones I have.

Over the last year, I've lost alot of passion for magic. I know it will comeback, but I just wish some of these other people would have the same ethics that 99% of us do. It seems in the 21st century, ethics get you respect, but doesnrt produce cash. Guess I was born with ethics and destined to be poor! LOL

Rick

Dan Wolfe

Re: Another interlude plan set sells on ebay.

Postby Dan Wolfe » October 15th, 2010, 7:49 am

Gee...those are the plans the Paul told me he never sold because they don't exist. Think that's the sixth set of them I've seen now. Interesting.

BTW, all of Osborne's plans are oversized photocopies these days. Kind of a shame. The *real* blueprint-making process insures that the copies are the exact same size as the original drawing. Photocopies are cheaper, but are always changed by a certain percentage.

That means the whole "find any missing measurements with an architect's scale" won't work anymore.

Dan
Smoky Mountain Magic
http://www.SMMagic.com

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 15th, 2010, 9:57 am

It's a shame that someone was able to make $108 off a set of pirated plans.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » October 15th, 2010, 11:41 am

I thought ebay were usually good at taking down counterfeit stuff? Are plans different somehow?

Doc

Postby Doc » October 16th, 2010, 1:15 pm

eBay will not remove these type of listings unless they are reported by the rights owner who has signed up as an eBay VeRO (Verified Rights Owner) member.

Reports by third parties generally are ignored.

eBay makes the same money on the sale fakes as they do the real McCoy and they have little incentive to kill these unscrupulous geese who lay golden revenue eggs.

Just one case in point:
Their platform is filled with effects that are knock offs on the Matsuda WOW.
The last time I looked there was not an authentic example of this trick being sold in eBay's Magic Trick category.

Doc

Postby Doc » October 16th, 2010, 3:37 pm

Spelling correction: [s]Matsuda[/s] Masuda.

Rick Ruhl

Postby Rick Ruhl » October 16th, 2010, 7:02 pm

Dan,

My Interlude plans are the blueprint. What this guy did was not only lie that they were the orginal plans, but Im sure he'll make some more copies to sell.

Of course Paul did them. Jim called him up, same as when he called him on the orgami plans.

Im gonna sell some of my osborne plans on ebay, or if anyone wants them, I'd rather sell them here first. Not the interlude but some others like the cycle switch, bryces screen, etc.

The interlude plans are staying in mine and Jim possession.

Rick Ruhl

Postby Rick Ruhl » October 16th, 2010, 7:07 pm

Here's my list

cycle switch
bryce's screen
super supension
deceptive steps
mismade girl (doesnt chuck jones own those rights?)
blammo box
the twister
smoke chamber
classic asrah

Once again, the funds go to pay bills.. so make a decent offer for all of them. ;)

an NO, you cant have the interlude plans at any price.. ethics my friends, ethics..

Rick Ruhl

Postby Rick Ruhl » October 18th, 2010, 6:04 pm

since no one on here wanted them, they go on ebay tonight with some other 'stuff'

Rick Ruhl

Postby Rick Ruhl » October 21st, 2010, 4:00 pm

I'm just getting more and more pissed about this guy who sold the plans. He f**ked Jim Steinmeyer and f**ked Paul Osbore since he sold a COPY. Hey, I at least paid $25 to Paul for them and then sent all the copies I had to Jim of all the Interlude sytle plans. And many of them are still selling (the wrong method). LOL

Is the 21th century made to make a buck rather than have Ethics. I rememeber Tabman telling me some of the public secrets weren't even the 'secret' secrets. They were other methods to simluate the effect but not as powerful as the orginal.

Take Chris Kenner's 'Torn Asunder'. People have tried to replicate it and get close to the way David performed it, but no one has been able to make it even as magical as Chris's is. The T&R with the secret secret.
Last edited by Rick Ruhl on October 21st, 2010, 6:38 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Naughty Words!

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”