Jon and the Hurricane

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Jon and the Hurricane

Postby Matthew Field » August 29th, 2005, 2:50 am

My thoughts are with Jon Racherbaumer as I watch pictures of the awful hurricane about to hit New Orleans.

I hope all is well with you and Jessica and the family, Jon. When you can, let us know how you are.

Matt Field

Gene Taylor

Re: Jon and the Hurricane

Postby Gene Taylor » August 29th, 2005, 6:38 am

Thoroughly seconded!

Be well.

Gene Taylor

Nicholas Carifo

Postby Nicholas Carifo » August 29th, 2005, 8:30 am

Also for Harry Anderson and his new Oswald's Speakeasy magic club in the French Quarter. Let's hope it fairs well thru this awful disaster in New Orleans. Hopefully in the next couple days someone in the area will be able to let us know of the safety of our magic friends in the area. Godspeed.

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » August 29th, 2005, 8:53 am

Charlie Randall and I were supposed to meet Jon, Tom Ladshaw and Lee Freed in New Orleans after picking up a collection there Saturday afternoon. When we reached town around noon, there was already a steady stream of cars heading west to get out of town, so we tuned into the local radio and decided it would not be a good idea to spend the night, as we'd planned. We were initially unable to get ahold of Lee or Tom on their cell phones about our 3 pm meeting, and just left voice messages. At 3 pm, we tried again and got Tom, who was not waiting for us, but was wisely already well into Mississippi! He confirmed that Lee was also already evacuating. I'm not sure about Jon, but I know he has family in Shreveport and am guessing he may have headed there, sure hope so. We headed west at 3:30 pm Saturday and despite the "Contra-flow" on I-10 (opening eastbound lanes to westbound traffic) that started at 4 pm, it took us 2 hours just to get onto the other side of New Orleans and onto the contra-flow lanes. Our trip was uneventful after that. I am concerned about the home we picked up the collection from. The woman who sold it to us (the widow of a magician who died three years ago) had no plans to evacuate at that time. I'm guessing that the ground floor of her home (where many of the books were housed) will soon be under water...

Darren Lawbuary

Postby Darren Lawbuary » August 29th, 2005, 9:36 am

My thoughts are with you all in that part of the States.
Buckle up, keep your heads down.
Take care.

Peace.

Darren
Remember, laughter is the best medicine. Unless you're asthmatic, then it's Ventolin.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » August 29th, 2005, 10:02 am

I really feel for those getting hit with water... it makes the five foot flooding in our basement seem trivial.
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » August 30th, 2005, 6:39 am

Things were busy but don't forget there was a promise:

"As long as the earth endures,
seedtime and harvest,
cold and heat,
summer and winter,
day and night
will never cease." Genesis 8:22

"Never again will all life be cut off by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth." Genesis 9:11

Odd that it is 911!

If you lived in Dixie, your children would know how to swim. (We live in a house in Alabama that has lost three roofs in ten years.)

Note that there are no such promises about wind! Beware of Southern politics! Hot air and hot water are the change agents. Be even more careful about what follows.

N.O. came out remarkably well under the circumstances. We certainly hope that you and yours did too. Magic will be there for 2006 and expecting to see you at your best.

Take care.

Bob and Lucy Sanders
Magic By Sander

Anthony Brahams

Postby Anthony Brahams » August 30th, 2005, 3:19 pm

Hope Jon is all right and concern for others in area. Barrie Richardson lives around there I believe.
Anthony

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » August 30th, 2005, 3:26 pm

According to Trini Montes, Jon and Jessica are safe in Natchez, Mississippi... Barrie and Janie Richardson live in Shreveport, about as far from New Orleans as one can get and still be in Louisiana (northwest part of the state). They are fine and left today on a lecture tour of the Northwest... Sorry for the redundant postings, there are two threads on this topic...

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » August 30th, 2005, 3:55 pm

Yeah - let's do something about that. I am going to lock this thread. click HERE to be taken to the other thread.

Thanks!
Dustin

Return to “General”