Pro-Flite

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
Steve Mills

Pro-Flite

Postby Steve Mills » August 9th, 2010, 4:26 pm

I reread David Reagal's review of Pro-Flite last night and take exception to his conclusions. This is unusual for me, as I generally find his reviews accurate and succinct.

The product - it's OK, but I guess I'm missing something, as I just don't see any real advancement to the original Ringer. Since Steve no longer sells Ringer, this is certainly a viable alternative if you don't have one. but I can't see plunking down $50 bucks or so if you do.

My main gripe, however, is the instructional DVD. There's actually some pretty good material on it, but the editing and navigation wouldn't pass in Freshman Computers 101. Yeah, I can suck it in an editor and create chapters and better menus in an hour or so, but I paid someone else to do this.

Anyone else agree (or disagree)?

Tom Gilbert

Re: Pro-Flite

Postby Tom Gilbert » August 9th, 2010, 6:26 pm

I'll agree with you. When I saw Swadling's name attached I was thinking something clever would be in the package. I wasn't even
put off by the DVD. It did go up for sale the next day.

Tom

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » August 12th, 2010, 5:14 am

I think that, while the DVD isn't great (navigation-wise), the apparatus is very deceptive. One thing the DVD does have is an amazing Ring and String move that is fantastic.

All in all, a fine package.

Matt Field

J-Mac

Postby J-Mac » August 20th, 2010, 10:27 pm

Quoted from a post by Nic Einhorn in the other magic forum:

Dave, there are many differences between Pro-Flite and RINGER. I sent Steve Dusheck the very first Pro-Flite so he'd be happy I did not duplicate his method. Steve wrote back imediately and said:

'Pro-Flite arrived today. Thank you very much. It is very, very good. I'm glad it's not a rip-off of my Ringer as so many of the hobbyists were claiming...... and they (magicians & hobbyists) will be very satisfied if they buy Pro-Flite..............'

Post can be found on this page about halfway down.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=358254&forum=109&start=90

So Nic did indeed check with Steve and got his blessing apparently.

Jim

Gary Frieden

Postby Gary Frieden » February 20th, 2011, 5:04 pm

Matt -- is the move the criss-cross through the fist? I want to learn that one.
-- Gary

Duncan William

Postby Duncan William » September 17th, 2011, 5:02 am

I've just bought the revolutionary ring flight by Dave Bonsall / just about to....any tips or reviews before I send my hard earned cash? Thanks in advance
http://www.magicduncan.co.uk

http://www.magicduncan.com

Return to “Light From the Lamp”