Room for Doubt

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
T Baxter

Room for Doubt

Postby T Baxter » June 25th, 2010, 10:54 pm

Just curious -- I'm sure that many here are familiar with the effect marketed by Tony Spina called: ROOM FOR DOUBT.

Was the interactive principle that was utilized originated by Spina? If not, can anyone here give the source?

T. Baxter

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Room for Doubt

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 25th, 2010, 10:59 pm

Max could give us a full rundown on this, but I think he's away at the moment.

No, Spina had little to do with it. The effect existed much earlier, and I believe was marketed earlier. It might even be Martin Gardner's.

It's a great trick: I used to do it as a kid.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Evan Shuster

Postby Evan Shuster » June 25th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Great trick! This was one of my favorites as a kid. I still have my original (from about 30 years ago). At one point the tape was eaten by my cassette player, and was never the same, but recently I was able to find someone to send me their tape, which I transferred to CD, on two tracks, enabling me to modernize it a bit.

Just a couple of weeks ago I found someone selling the trick; an original, but a later version with a slightly different recording, and small black plastic boxes to hold the weapons.

Kevin Connolly

Postby Kevin Connolly » June 25th, 2010, 11:55 pm

This was big seller at Tannen's on the 1970's. I can almost see the ad in Top Hat Topics now. :) I think it sold for 10 bucks.
Please visit my website.
http://houdinihimself.com/
I buy,sell + trade Houdini, Hardeen items.

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”