MILLARD GRUBB'S RETIREMENT PACKAGE?

Post topics about the business side of magic.
Magic Newswire

MILLARD GRUBB'S RETIREMENT PACKAGE?

Postby Magic Newswire » January 31st, 2009, 6:08 pm

Anyone else stumbled across this?

http://www.millardgrubb.com/

Ray T. Stott

Re: MILLARD GRUBB'S RETIREMENT PACKAGE?

Postby Ray T. Stott » January 31st, 2009, 9:18 pm

$547.00 for the course - unbelievable.

May do wonders for Grubb's (an appropriate surname) retirement package but will likely only result in a lower checking balance for the buyer.

All of these success peddlers are the lightning rod salesmen in the field of magic.

It's not about the magic; it's about the daily box office gross.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » January 31st, 2009, 11:20 pm

I don't know - $547.00 to get Grubb to permanently retire? I'd chip in for that.

Brisbin

Postby Brisbin » July 20th, 2009, 12:07 pm

Ray T. Stott wrote:$547.00 for the course - unbelievable.

May do wonders for Grubb's (an appropriate surname) retirement package but will likely only result in a lower checking balance for the buyer.

All of these success peddlers are the lightning rod salesmen in the field of magic.

Why the vitriol? We still live in a free market economy, and while you are also free to offer criticism, it doesn't enhance your reputation or standing to comment on someone's surname.

How much is a performer's experience worth? How do you place a price on a body of work that includes routines, marketing materials, and the business of actually booking paid shows? Unless a magician is at the pinnacle of business success, why wouldn't he or she look for additional ways to increase their business?

BTW, I loved Brad Henderson's line.
"No Dough, No Show" - Stan Kramien
"What the mind harbors, the body manifests." - Tohei Koichi

bkv11
Favorite Magician: Wayne Dobson

Postby bkv11 » July 27th, 2009, 2:11 am

Millard and I used to work the same markets (early 90's). I learned more about the magic business from his real-world experience than any other resource.

Millard is a well-seasoned, experienced pro, and he really knows his stuff. Without question, it's worth the price. FWIW

Keith Cobb

Postby Keith Cobb » May 29th, 2010, 12:10 am

What can be said about someone like Millard Grubb. Nothing good. He says he always want to help other entertainers, but her really wants to help them out of their money. When he was living in Chicago he promised to help out three women with their entertainment businesses. He took their money but gave them little or no help with their businesses. He had guarenteed that he would help them or return their money. He wouldnt even return their calls. Everyone from the orginazation that he spoke at where he solisitated these womens business, told him to return their money. He refused. Eventually the Illinois states attorneys office got involved and told him to return their money. He kept making excuses and eventually left the state. If you choose to do business with this miserable excuse for a human being. Only pay him after services have been rendered.
A Grubb is a worm and Millard is aptly named.

Wizzgirl

Postby Wizzgirl » May 24th, 2011, 3:31 pm

I have read many of Millard Grubb's materials. I've listened to his "Conversations With Magicians." All the material was good.

In all my dealings with people, I have found them not ALL bad or not ALL good. But I look at what MOST of the people say about someone... and most of the stuff I've heard has been GOOD.

It seems to me that Millard Grubb is doing what he knows how to do... market effectively and present persuasively. Any problems that people have seem to be personal issues and not the norm.

Just my $1.25

Return to “Marketing & Magic Business”