Jason England Lecture This Sunday May 16 Chicago Area

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.
Tom Dobrowolski

Jason England Lecture This Sunday May 16 Chicago Area

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » May 14th, 2010, 11:26 am

Sunday May 16 2:00 P.M. Midwest Magic 9706 Franklin Av., Franklin Park, Illinois is proud to present:

Jason England

Jason England 2010 Lecture--This lecture will focus on several of Jasons all-time favorite effects for both magicians and laymen alike. Although he is known to be fond of, and proficient with, some of the more difficult sleight-of-hand maneuvers possible with a deck of cards, Jason has ensured that this lecture contains routines that are well within the grasp of most beginning and intermediate card handlers. Everything from self-working effects to knuckle-busting miracles will be demonstrated and explained!

Some examples:

The Third Shuffle an absolutely diabolical impossible location. This has fooled virtually everyone that has ever seen it performed. Best of all, its entirely self-working.

Conning Caveney From the mind of Steve Forte, this is an almost perfect gambling demonstration wherein the four Aces are instantly shuffled to fall to the performer after having been shown to be hopelessly dispersed in the deck. There is no funny business on the deal as the Aces really are moved to the proper places for the deal. Let the spectator deal if you want!

Fever Nails Completely self-working and fools the entire room. I cant give anything else away, except to say this recently took in everyone at The False Deal convention in Oklahoma City. Its fun and easy to do.

Aces to Order Cut the four Aces from a deck in any order the spectators ask for them. Every move conforms to standard card-table procedures (apparently) and the spectator can even dead cut to the last Ace herself! Not self-working, but within reach of most dedicated cardmen.

In addition to the effects listed above, Jason will be discussing and sharing techniques and ideas on a variety of classic sleight-of-hand moves from the gambling world, and how they can be applied to everyday magic to improve the impact of the effect. While mastery of these moves takes many months or even years, it is Jasons contention that many of them can be put into practice in just a matter of weeks with the right instruction and effect selection. Let him show you how to overcome years of frustration and put these moves into your working repertoire in a fraction of the time it would normally take!

Here are just a few of the sleights that will be covered: second deal, push-through shuffle, bottom deal, riffle stacking, the Erdnase Diagonal Palm Shift, and palming cards.

Tickets are only $20 and seating in order of reservation, so call (847) 455-4288 today!

Tom Dobrowolski

Re: Jason England Lecture This Sunday May 16 Chicago Area

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » May 15th, 2010, 10:17 am

It's tomorrow...

mai-ling

Postby mai-ling » May 15th, 2010, 11:21 am

I just want to say that I sat thru Jason's
presentation on rare gambling ephemera yesterday
and altho I do not gamble nor had an interest
in this area prior.

I did find it extremely interesting and and peaked
my curiosity.
you will remember my name
http://www.mai-ling.net
world's youngest illusionista

Marwan MERY

Postby Marwan MERY » June 3rd, 2010, 4:42 pm

By any chance, does sometimes Jason England travel to France to lecture?

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”