T.J. Waters

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
Doomo

T.J. Waters

Postby Doomo » April 29th, 2010, 8:56 am

This is going to be an odd post... But shortly before Mr. Waters died, he spoke of releasing a new wallet. It was essentially a switch type wallet. He spoke of it on the old Gemini bbs. Does anyone know if he ever released it? If so, does anyone have one? Or know any of the details concerning the wallet? This is kind of important, or else I would not have bothered you here.
RFA Productions yeah... It is cool stuff.

www.rfaproductions.com

Bob Farmer

Re: T.J. Waters

Postby Bob Farmer » April 29th, 2010, 10:08 am

This could be The Swopper. I have one. It came with a booklet of tricks. It was basically a wallet with a magnet inside. It needed some work when I got it -- the magnet wasn't attached very well. As with all of T.A. Waters' stuff, it was clever (or rather his uses were clever). I worked out several routines with it, but never published them.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » April 29th, 2010, 10:12 am

Bob, a long time ago at Tannen's I saw a trick where a shimmed card on top of the pack was used along with such a wallet to make the freely selected card (or cards) placed on top of the pack become the desired cards under cover of opening the wallet.

Is that similar?
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » April 29th, 2010, 11:10 am

Yes, I just looked at the booklet. It's called THE SWOPPER WALLET BOOK by T.A. Waters published in 1996 by M.I.N.D. Unltd. Illustrations by Jim Steinmeyer. It's 28 pages long. I looked at my notes and I had a card in wallet handling for this I called THE PALM BEFORE THE STORM (sorry about that).

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”