Jay Evans - one of two "solid" chop cup

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Paul Critelli

Jay Evans - one of two "solid" chop cup

Postby Paul Critelli » February 24th, 2010, 4:34 pm

Hello,

Back in the 80's, Jay Evans was a new face and talent whom I became acquainted with when I first was bitten. He had one of the first "easy reader" decks, and he also worked in metal. He had made two "solid chop cups" that may have been inspired by Beenie Weenie. In any case, I have one - it is a beautiful, heavy metal (perhaps very heavy aluminium) that is 3 inches high by 2.5 diameter. It is solid, but it also opens apart! So, imagine doing a type of Beenie Weenie, showing that the cup is solid, then producing a large green knit-covered ball. Then that can vanish and you open up the cup to reveal that the large ball is IN the cup. That is a bare-bones description. There are no instructions. There is a 1.25 (or so) inch little ball (green knit on very solid rubber) and two 3 (or so) inch balls that perfectly match the little one's tight sweater and each other's. They are, also, hard rubber.

OK, this one of only two in the world - that I know of - and it has NOT been used - it is in perfect condition and has been in a smoke-free home for nearly 20 years. It needs a home, and it IS calling you.

Seriously, if you are a C+B person or of similar ilk with anything Magical that you will NOT see anywhere else, this is for you.

Price: $400.00

Paul Critelli
858 Iroquois SE
Grand Rapids MI 49506

616-245-6835

PLEASE respond to my email if you are interested: MagicPaul@aol.com

I will pay postage - check - has to clear if I don't know you. Paypay - ouch, OK, I will take it.

Thanks.

Paul Critelli

Paul Critelli

Re: Jay Evans - one of two "solid" chop cup

Postby Paul Critelli » February 26th, 2010, 7:38 pm

Hello,

Someone has purchased this. Thanks for looking, and there may be more items and books in the near future.

Paul Critelli

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”