Not Snap... Then Who?

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Ray Eden

Not Snap... Then Who?

Postby Ray Eden » December 3rd, 2009, 5:25 am

I've been following the Snap Illusions threads over the last few months, which lead me to this thread. What illusion builder companies are recommended? It seems that there are very few places to get quality illusions, especially in Europe, which is where I am now. So... which illusion builders to deserve our business and hard earned money?

Magickally,
Ray Eden

David Alexander

Re: Not Snap... Then Who?

Postby David Alexander » December 3rd, 2009, 9:22 am

Bill Smith, John Gaughn, Bill Schmelk, Owen Magic. Professionals all.

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » December 3rd, 2009, 10:36 am

Daniel Summers is another (www.danielsummers.com).

Ray Eden

Postby Ray Eden » December 4th, 2009, 2:08 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Are any of these mentioned based in Europe?

Nabil Murday

Postby Nabil Murday » February 21st, 2010, 7:05 pm

LOL at that. But to answer your question Ray, I had a good experience with Jack Murray from Dream Illusions. He was really great about communications before, during, and even after my order. The illusion is beautiful and it works like a charm. I'd definitely work with him again.

Nabil Murday

Postby Nabil Murday » February 21st, 2010, 7:10 pm

Also, the most stunning prop I worked was made by Craig Dickens. I didn't order it, rather I worked it while understudying an illusionist. But the thing was an absolute marvel. He's also really good about communicating back and forth, as I've had multiple inquiries with him. So he's another guy I would be confident working with.

Another company I've heard is great is Wellington, although I've never owned or worked a Wellington illusion.

David Alexander

Postby David Alexander » February 21st, 2010, 11:40 pm

Nabil Murday wrote:Also, the most stunning prop I worked was made by Craig Dickens. I didn't order it, rather I worked it while understudying an illusionist. But the thing was an absolute marvel. He's also really good about communicating back and forth, as I've had multiple inquiries with him. So he's another guy I would be confident working with.

Another company I've heard is great is Wellington, although I've never owned or worked a Wellington illusion.

Wellington is Bill Schmelk who I mentioned back in December. A nice guy who builds quality props.

hugmagic

Postby hugmagic » February 22nd, 2010, 9:21 am

I will second these recommendations "Bill Smith, John Gaughn, Bill Schmelk, Owen Magic" and add Dan Wolfe and Craig Dickens to the mix.

As for illusion builders in Europe, I can't recommend any. Possibly contact Raphel from Beligum to point you in the right directions though he buys a lot from the forementioned builders.

BTW..Good call Tim.

Richard
Richard Hughes
www.hughesmagic.com

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”