Help! Preschool children

Discuss the art of Children's Entertainment with your fellow performers.
Umpa Duze

Help! Preschool children

Postby Umpa Duze » November 5th, 2008, 6:32 pm

Hi All,
I was asked to entertain a small group of preschoolers ranging in age from 2 to 5. This group is younger than the kids I normally work with. I have gone through some of my books and gleened enough ideas to develop a reasonable presentational approach, but I wonder if the folks here on Geneii can help educate me about the do's and dont's of working with such a young audience.

Thanks,
Umpa

Dick Christian

Re: Help! Preschool children

Postby Dick Christian » November 7th, 2008, 3:50 pm

Umpa,

First let me say that I have strong opinions -- with which others will no doubt (and equally strongly) disagree. With that in mind, my advice -- in a nutshell -- is simply don't. When I got back into magic in the 1970s after nearly a 20 year hiatus I performed for kids that young but it didn't take me long to realize that it was no fun for me, the kids were too young to "get it," and therefor it was wrong for me to accept payment for a show that served no purpose other than to take a client's money. I believe (and most of those I know who have lots of experience in working with children agree) that to get anything at all out of a "magic show" the audience must have attained a level of psychological sophistication and comprehension such that they are aware that there is some relationship between cause and effect, and know the difference between what is real and what isn't and what is possible and what isn't. Lacking that level of development, the concept of "magic" is meaningless. A magician is purporting to do something that is otherwise deemed impossible -- a concept that the audience is incapable of grasping if they don't know what is possible and what isn't. In my experience the age at which most childrens' psychological development has reached the level at which magic has some meaning is about first grade. I stopped performing for those younger than that 20 years ago.

Yes, you can certainly hold the attention of pre-schoolers -- at least for a short while. So would the UPS guy or the mailman if he came in and seemed interested in the kids. IMO the most appropriate entertainer for the pre-school set is either a puppet show, a clown or a story-teller and I suggest (and book) all of those for the clients who contact my agency seeking entertainment for the pre-school and day care set.

A clown who does "silly tricks" like the wilting flower, or the most basic and highly visual "kiddie tricks" like the coloring book, simple TT vanish/reappearance of a small "hanky" (for Heaven's sake don't call it a "silk"), or self-contained color changing hank coupled with silly jokes, a funny voice, exaggerated facial expressions and doing things that involve the kids and make them laugh without trying to "amaze" them will be much better received -- not to mention more enjoyable for the performer than a "magic show." Bear in mind that for the very little ones (i.e., 2-3 year olds) the clown should minimize and "tone down" the makeup (all the professional clowns I book know how to do that very effectively) but must still be in makeup and costume (even the youngest kids know if it isn't in makeup and a costume it isn 't a clown).

Just my $0.02. Others are free to disagree (flames are unnecessary).
Dick Christian

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 7th, 2008, 6:25 pm

Kids that age have much more fun playing games than watching magic.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Jolly Roger

Postby Jolly Roger » November 7th, 2008, 6:49 pm

I am afraid I would have to disagree with you gentlemen. I do hundreds of shows a year for that 2 to 5 year old age group in daycares and pre-schools. I do lots of now you see it now you don't kind of tricks, but I also do miser's dream, linking rings and other classics. If you are funny, entertaining, and magical, the kids will love you! I get asked back month after month by the same centers, so I must be doing something right! There are many full time professional magicians on both sides of the Atlantic who make a living almost exclusively for this age group. Two names that spring to mind are Terry Herbert and Dave Risley. JR
www.ComicMagician.com
www.Magician.US.com
www.BestAssemblies.com
www.SpiritualStage.com

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 7th, 2008, 7:35 pm

Jolly Roger, that's very interesting. Having a daughter who's just passed through that age group, I did all kinds of tricks for her and her friends at various ages. I found that most of them simply could not understand the aberation of reality that magic is.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » November 7th, 2008, 7:53 pm

What happens when you have the parents in the room and the parents react to the magic - do the kids follow that lead?
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Jeff Haas

Postby Jeff Haas » November 7th, 2008, 8:42 pm

Typically the kids all sit on the floor in front of the magician, and the parents (who assume that it's a show for the kids and that it won't be interesting to them) hang out in the back and watch. Some of them will sit with their kids because it's fun. But the kids are the focus and the parents judge the success of the show on how well you connect with the kids and entertain them. If your material also works for the adults then it's a bonus and you're considered to be much better than expected.

Umpa Duze

Postby Umpa Duze » November 9th, 2008, 1:04 am

Hi,
Thank you all for your thoughts on this. The presentation for the young ones is a favor for a person who is bringing me to her campus to give a talk. No pay for the magic. So, I do not have to feel guilty as no matter what, she will at least get her money's worth!

Silly Billy has some very interesting things to say about this age group. From his book it seems clear that it is less the mystery than the fun along the way that satisfies these children (although pulling money out of the air makes everyone happy). I appreciate Jolly Roger's comments as they raise an interesting issue as to how the kids interpret the linking rings type of magic. I can imagine that given your experience you put on a fun show so maybe the "magic" is more a vehicle than a destination. Does that seem right?

Umpa

Frank Yuen

Postby Frank Yuen » November 9th, 2008, 9:28 am

Since my son entered preschool, I've done about four or five short shows for his class for different occasions and they have always seemed to enjoy the magic. I'm wondering however, if they enjoyed it because they were seeing something that they don't often see or if it was because they really understood that it was the impossible happening. This week in all seriousness, my son asked me to do something (I don't remember what) with my magic. He was quite exasperated and whined, "Just use your magic Daddy!" So perhaps he and his classmates have just enjoyed having a "real" wizard join them for awhile, something that they don't often get to see.

Whatever the reason, they seem to have a good time. I do throw in a bunch of goofiness and fun. At the Christmas party I plan to do a close up set using blank cards which they draw on, a chop cup routine and Hollingworth's Once Upon a Time .

Jeff Haas

Postby Jeff Haas » November 10th, 2008, 1:52 am

Magic can work for preschool kids, but it has to be very obvious. A dove pan is a good example. So is pulling coins from behind their ears.

Dave Cox

Postby Dave Cox » November 10th, 2008, 4:47 am

This article in the Washington Post, on the Great Zucchini, is an AMAZING glimpse into exactly this sort of thing.

The Peekaboo Paradox
The strange secrets of humor, fear and a guy who makes big money making little people laugh
By Gene Weingarten
Sunday, January 22, 2006; W10

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01434.html

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 10th, 2008, 10:34 am

My daughter saw the Great Zucchini many times at birthday parties in our area as a pre-schooler. I wouldn't even call him a magician, however the children love the guy. He has a very direct connection with them.

Jolly Roger

Postby Jolly Roger » November 10th, 2008, 12:14 pm

These are my thoughts on all of this. For the first few years of a childs life, all experiences are magical. Everything a child sees, he or she believes is real. Because they know no better, they do not question anything. This is why Santa Claus is such a success. Kids dont analyze the fact that it would be impossible for this one old man with a beard to travel the planet on one night of the year, and deliver presents to all the children! They simply accept the truth of this.

I think it is wonderful to do magic for the 2 to 5 year old age group, but it should naturally be presented very differently to the way you would do it for an older child or an adult. Remember, the children at that age are not questioning any of it, and are not looking to work out the secret. They do not, in fact, know what a secret is. They believe it is magic. However, they also love to laugh, and they love it when you are silly.

If you combine your abilities as a skillful magician with your abilities to be silly, funny, and likeable, the kids will love you. A great routine I do for this age group is the Hobson egg bag. They just love putting their hand in the bag, searching for the egg, and then it appears from behind their ear. I would have to say that most magi who are great with older children or adult audiences, are often out of their depth with this younger age group. However, those of us like me who have no problem connecting with the pre-school age group find it most rewarding. Give me a group of three year olds, or a corporate function of inebriated construction workers, and I will go for the little ones any time! JR
www.ComicMagician.com

www.Magician.US.com

www.BestAssemblies.com

www.SpiritualStage.com

Dick Christian

Postby Dick Christian » November 10th, 2008, 1:52 pm

What I find telling about most of the comments of those who have taken issue with opinion expressed by both me and Richard (i.e., that the 2-5 set is too young for magic) is that rather than dispute our opinion, they seem by and large to agree in essence when they point out that it is not the "magic" that the children enjoy but the fact that the performer does things that are highly visual, often silly, hold their attention and that he/she seems to be interested in them -- with little or no thought, and certainly no comprehension of magic, on the part of the children being necessary to entertain them.

BTW, although I have not personally observed any of "the great Zucchini's" performances I know many who have and they are almost unanimous in their comments that he does little to justify calling himself a "magician" -- he simply plays with the kids and relates to them on their level while keeping them out of the parents' hair during the party. For most of those who hire him that seems to be enough to justify the fee he commands.
Dick Christian

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 10th, 2008, 2:33 pm

Zuccini is child-like himself, and extremely silly, but does not dress like a clown. He connects with the children--the most important goal when dealing with kids that age. And he engages them in games as well.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » November 10th, 2008, 2:44 pm

Glad some are noticing the importance of rapport skills.

I found some of the character background information disturbing and sad - almost an accident waiting to happen when he goes looking to court ms. fortune. The good news is the article is from 2006 and things can always get better.

Dick Christian

Postby Dick Christian » November 11th, 2008, 9:44 am

Just so there is no misunderstanding, there is no disputing either "Zucchini's" popularity (with both the kids and some parents) or his ability to establish rapport with and entertain children in the under 6 set. My comments were merely to address the question posed by Umpa re: the suitability of "magic" for the 2-5 set. "Zucchini" may be many things, but "magician" is hardly one of them and what he does is IMO (admittedly based on second hand information) a far cry from what most of us would consider "magic."
Dick Christian

Randy

Postby Randy » November 11th, 2008, 7:35 pm

Might be a great time to do the "Training Bra Trick".....it kills.

Before you throw stones...I was just kidding. Have a great night.

Matt R

Postby Matt R » November 20th, 2008, 8:47 pm

Here's an article which references to the same Post article, also has some video clips of the Great Zucchini in action:

http://magicgizmo.com/home/articles-mis ... chini.html

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » November 20th, 2008, 8:54 pm

Great clips - and check out his skills with the kids. Amazing - even more so when he makes quick asides to the adults.

Now that's skillz. Bravo!
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Mark Pettey

Postby Mark Pettey » November 23rd, 2008, 11:30 pm

Just like Jolly Roger, I do scads of preschool shows every year. When I was getting into the local market, I decided to try to find an area that would not step on the toes of the guys who were already established here. The preschools were SO happy to find someone who was willing to come in on a regular basis. It has turned into a joyous adventure for both me and the kids.

I disagree completely with those who say preschoolers cannot follow magic. I know many of the guys on this forum are dedicated card freaks, who drool over multiphase pasteboard routines. Obviously preschoolers cannot follow those type of effects. However, the world of magic is filled with many different areas of amazement to choose from. I have found a staggering amount of material to draw from and incorporate into my shows that the kids not only follow, but remember clearly and even ask for on repeat visits.

Performing for these kids is incredibly rewarding and instills a love of magic in them before they are even able to read. How sad it is when I hear someone say "I never perform for young children. They just don't understand magic"....

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
ROBBiE the RiNGMASTER'S
CiRCUS of MAGiC!

Umpa Duze

Postby Umpa Duze » November 26th, 2008, 1:32 pm

Hi All,
Well, I wanted to thank everyone again for their thoughts on this topic. I had a wonderful time with the kids, there were about fifteen children from two months to seven years old. I was told that after I left they were running around with magic wands casting spells on anything that could not get away! I thought it might be of interest to those who posted to describe the show as it did seem to catch the childrens attention and keep it for about 35 minutes.

1. Began with a warm-up from Ginn- everyone shout your name at once. Practice magic word Sassafras.
2. Mouth coil: one child cupped his hands as I walked around and plucked colors off hats and glasses, furniture etc. and dropped them into his hands. After a moment of two of this, he poured the colors into my hand and I swallowed them. I then asked the helper to pump my arm up and down as the others wiggled their fingers at my tummy while making a weird humming noise. Finally the mouth coil was produced.
3. Silly Billys TT handkerchief vanish/reappearance in a sock. Handshake gags.
4. Mis-made flag with dress up. The bonnet kept falling down over her eyes until I realized that I had forgotten the grey curly haired wig. Used a sewing bag as the change bag. Also used an effect I saw on VHS (I think it was Brian Hera, sorry if I got that wrong!) where the blue handkerchief is attached to a dollar snatcher, so as you hand it to one of the assistants, it keeps flying back into the box until you give up and try to make the flag without it. Obviously you need a second, loose blue handkerchief when the experiment fails.
5. Puppet in hat routine where a selection is made using the magicians force method. In my case, I have an alligator puppet who is wearing rabbit ears. The audience sees the tips of the ears as we try to coax the assistant out of the hat. When he does come out it is a real shock and leads to plenty of fun byplay as the alligator tries to take a bite out of my ear whenever I look away. The kids really get into protecting me : ) Actually they were rooting for the alligator.
6. Coloring book very basic routine, but to my amusement, when we were rubbing the colors into the book about four others joined us wanting to rub the book as well. That was really touching and fun.
7. Sammy Smiths Super Frog basic routine, but I skipped the cape because I did not see how it added anything. Next time I will try it with the cape and see if there is something I missed.
8. Candy production from box.
Anyway, I think the proof is in the pudding. These young kids understood enough about what was happening to run around afterwards pretending to do magic. Perhaps, they did not distinguish between what I did and their imaginary game, but they did ask the parents if we could do it again next year.

Thanks again for your help with this,
Umpa
Cheers,
Umpa Duze

Mark Pettey

Postby Mark Pettey » December 4th, 2008, 9:59 am

Umpa, that sounds like it was a great show !

I love the idea of the gator with rabbit ears !

I would also love to hear an update on your experiences with Super Frog. A good friend gave me this effect as he thought it didn't fit his show. I have been looking for a way to put this into one of my shows, but not sure how it will play.

Mark
Mark Pettey

Naples, FL

ROBBiE the RiNGMASTER'S

CiRCUS of MAGiC!

Umpa Duze

Postby Umpa Duze » December 7th, 2008, 12:53 am

Hi Mark,
This was the first time I used the Super Frog effect. With so little experience, I am reticent to say much. From the one time I performed it, the two issues that I want to work on were using the stack of envelopes, which worked as promised, but cluttered up the effect a little (definitely easier with a rubber band), and trying to pull the frog cutout out of my pants pocket to attach to the back of the kid near the end of the routine. The frog is quite large and hung up some on the way out, so next time I will try hanging it under my vest and see how that goes. Hopefully others with more experience can share their thoughts.

Cheers,
Eric
Cheers,

Umpa Duze

Neale Bacon

Postby Neale Bacon » December 7th, 2009, 11:35 pm

I do a lot of preschool shows. If the tricks are simple, colourful and funny, they will be a hit. Preschoolers are sharper than you think.
They love our ventriloquism routines and tricks.
Neale Bacon
Ventriloquist
Burnaby BC
www.baconandfriends.com

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » December 8th, 2009, 5:51 am

There is absolutely no problem entertaining this age group providing they are at least 4 years old. I find some three year olds like the shows and some don't. If you do shows for two year olds or under then your sanity is in question. Mind you a woman once phoned me up to do a show for this age group. I refused but she insisted. The more I refused the more she insisted. Finally greed on my part won out and like a true grafter I agreed to do it. I thought I would just do the show, bore the kids to death, take the money and run. To my astonishment they loved the show!
I wouldn't take a chance on it again though.

If kids are three year old or younger I generally won't do the show unless there are a few 4 or 5 year olds there. Mind you last year I reluctantly did a day care full of three year olds. No problem. I did cut the show to half an hour though instead of my usual 45 minutes.

The key to working for this age group and in my opinion ANY age group is emphasise the fun and laughter rather than the magic. Stuff the magic and make the little bastards laugh. That is the key to success. You can do some magic if you really insist but it should always be secondary to the laughter when entertaining children. I have always done a no-magic magic show and it has always worked out well. The kids will have plenty of time to watch boring magicians when they get older.

I can recommend the Choo Choo Trick listed as the Magic Menu in the Supreme Magic catalogues. Or my wondrous letter routine that I may post here in all its glory. All you need is an envelope with a letter inside. With that you can entertain the kids for five minutes without doing a single trick. THAT is the way to enterain children.

On the other hand I may not bother posting it unless people beg me to. I respond well to beggars providing they don't ask me for any money.

Jolly Roger

Postby Jolly Roger » December 8th, 2009, 5:10 pm

I notice that both Neale and Mark are working in Canada. Do you use the word Daycare up there? In England, a daycare tends to be for the elderly.

Mark....please don't post the letter routine. It is too good, and we don't want everyone doing it. JR
www.ComicMagician.com

www.Magician.US.com

www.BestAssemblies.com

www.SpiritualStage.com

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » December 8th, 2009, 7:35 pm

Daycare in Canada means the same as in America. This place really is a giant suburb of America although they they are under the delusion that they are a separate country. They still talk yankified and chew gum here in the most disgusting manner. I rather think Her Majesty should disown the place.

I wanted people to beg me to post the Letter routine but now I see that Roger is begging me not to do so. Any more beggars either for against?

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » December 8th, 2009, 8:41 pm

Since I neither have nor want the skill-set needed to perform for children of any age (pre-teens and teens are, in my opinion, the worst), I personally do not care if you share the Letter Routine. However, of your vast experience, remarkable skills, and unique combination of charm, wit, vitriol, and venomall occasionally represented in the same sentenceit is the first two, your experience and skill, that we (Richard, Jim, and I) would most like to see on display here on the Genii Forum (and we heartily thank you for the many times you have done so). So it is in that spirit that I would indeed beg you to share it with our Forum members. (Couple that with Jolly Roger apparently being a selfish w**k*r, I cannot imagine any other reasons being needed.)

Thanks,
Dustin
Last edited by Dustin Stinett on December 8th, 2009, 10:57 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Apparently "wanker" is bad.

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » December 8th, 2009, 9:10 pm

Dustin. As a psychic reverend man of the cloth I must say that I am shocked at your disgraceful language. Furthermore you are using British working class profanity when you are not British although I will concede that you may well be working class. Quite disgraceful. I have a good mind to complain to the moderators of this forum about it.

Besides this is the children's section so bad language is not appropriate here.

It is doubly disgraceful to insult Roger who is after all related to Her Majesty the Queen. And he is certainly not selfish. In fact he is one of the most unselfish people you will ever meet.

I have two descriptions of the Letter Routine. One is the short one in my e-book "The Wit and Wisdom of Mark Lewis" and the other is a longer description that I penned many years ago and sold to the multitude in the seventies. I did not have a copy of my own manuscript but some one in England sent me the text. It is quite amusing to read and I wrote it over thirty years ago. I am inclined to post this version although it would take a few posts whereas the abbreviated version would be much briefer to read.

I used to sell it for great gobs of money. I am wondering what the point of giving it away for free is. I shall see what mood I am in and how much people beg me to or beg me not to.

I remember advertising it in Abra and saying that if people weren't satisfied I would refund double their money. Two people tried to take me up on the guarantee but naturally I wrote back and told them that I lied. I remember that one of them was Poz. I wrote back that I saw that he lived in Bershire. This is abbreviated as Berks in the UK. And if you call someone a berk in Britain it is very rude indeed. I wrote and told him that I saw that he lived in Berks and the name was very appropriate.

I have always been a great one for customer service. I think Snap Illusions should have me in their office.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » December 8th, 2009, 10:57 pm

Ah: More proof that being "psychic" is a questionable talent. I wrote that JR is "apparently" a "selfish w**k*r." I didn't write he is a "selfish w**k*r." (Is that better? The above post has been corrected as well, even though children should not be reading this Forum without parental guidance since it, including the Kid Show section, is geared toward adults.)

My only evidence for my comment is his begging that you do not share the routine. Your formidable psychic abilities should have ferreted out that; though simply reading it would have allowed you to arrive at the same, proper, conclusion. Of course, I do not expect you to read posts since you receive them all telepathically, yes?

Dustin

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » December 8th, 2009, 11:33 pm

Dearie me. You shouldn't indulge in profanity with astericks or without them. Furthermore you shouldn't indulge in profanity with adults as well as children. It really is very working class behaviour which is not indulged in by those of higher breeding and decorum

Furthermore I cannot possibly approve of you putting the word "psychic" in inverted commas. I have just done so merely to show you what your sin looks like.

Being psychic is NOT a questionable talent. It is a gift that we all have but I have it more than most people since I am using it all the time. It is like a self sharpening pencil.

Roger has not been rude to you. It would therefore behoove you not to be rude to him. In Her Brittanic Majesty's Realm of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland we address nobility like Roger with great respect and deference. Commoners know their place. And so should mere Americans.

As for my wondrous Letter Routine I am afraid I haven't seen enough interest in the matter yet.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 9th, 2009, 12:01 am

Mark, don't be a jerk off. :)

The Magic Apple

Postby The Magic Apple » December 9th, 2009, 2:22 am

yeah mark
TheMagicApple.com
818-508-9921
Follow us: @The_Magic_Apple

opie

Postby opie » December 9th, 2009, 6:51 am

I love this place.....Mark, post the Letter thingy.....After all, it is just a lot of words, without your wit and charm.....and that ample heaping of Irish blarney....

opie

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » December 9th, 2009, 10:21 am

Opie I am Scottish not Irish. I only pretend that I am Irish because I get more money that way from my psychic clients. However I have heaps of Irish newspaper articles about myself so that half justifies it.

I am most displeased with Mr Kaufmann's vulgarity in front of a man of the cloth. You wouldn't get Brookenfuehrer of the Magic Cafe talking like that. Even when he sent out a private message to all his 4000 members saying that Mark Lewis was not really buying the Magic Cafe as he pretended Steve did not use profanity or vulgarity. Of course the Magic Cafe is a very wholesome place even though it is full of atrociously bad magicians.

I really think the moderators of the Genii Forum need to improve themselves in front of the clergy.

As for the Letter Routine I am afraid the rather lukewarm response from Opie and the Magic Apple do not come under the heading of begging as I requested. After all I must not upset Jolly Roger who is no doubt still smarting from Dustin's unprovoked insult.

I may still be tempted. After all if I wanted to put everyone off I would merely say that you will all get the Letter routine on the day that Snap Illusions finishes his illusions which don't seem to be arriving in a snap after all.

opie

Postby opie » December 9th, 2009, 11:09 am

Scottish? Okay, I will beg: Please stop wearing those course-wool kilts; they wear you down and make you cranky.
Be nice and post the letter....tsk tsk...

....Oh, and be nice to Steve....we three go back a long way....
and he needs all the support he can get...

Let me add this Celtic prayer to keep us all friendly:

"May those who love us, love us, and those who don't may their hearts be turned.

For those whose hearts cannot be turned, may they turn their ankles so we may recognize them by their limping."

opie

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » December 9th, 2009, 11:16 am

I will be nice to Brookenfuehrer when he is nice to me. After all I am becoming an icon in magic as befits my genius in upsetting magicians from all over the world. I find great joy in knowing that they want my wisdom but they don't want me. The trouble is that they are screwed. They can't get the wisdom without me. I find the whole concept most amusing.

opie

Postby opie » December 9th, 2009, 11:48 am

Okay....while we are waiting for you to remember where the Letter is, here are some links to get us back onto topic....tsk tsk...

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~roy/magictalk ... shows.html -

http://www.charliethejugglingclown.com/Youngkids.htm -

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » December 9th, 2009, 1:55 pm

I haven't read either of Opie's links properly but my first impression is that Charlie the juggling clown is giving excellent advice and the twits on the magic talk link are giving horrific advice. Talking about underwear and children's entertainment in the same breath is utterly horrific as is the daft suggestion that no kid show should be longer than 30 minutes.

I do 45 minutes and many British children's entertainers even do an hour. I think an hour is quite doable providing you add in something else like Punch and Judy and ventriloquism.
The only place I have seen more tosh talking about entertaining children is the magic cafe where I swear some of the posters have never done a kid show in their lives.

Return to “Children's Entertainment”