Houdini - Get Your Mojo On!

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
P.T. Murphy

Houdini - Get Your Mojo On!

Postby P.T. Murphy » November 30th, 2009, 3:05 pm

On pg. 139 of the December issue of Mojo (a great music magazine out of England) in the Ask Fred column, is an interesting little bit on Harry Houdini. A tiny little shout out to HH but a nice surprise to find in a music magazine.

You can get Mojo at Borders or Barnes & Noble. Or your local record store, if you are lucky enough to still have one of those in your area.

Roger Waters formerly of Pink Floyd is on the cover.
"Those who do not believe in magic
will never find it. " -Roald Dahl

Mark.Lewis

Re: Houdini - Get Your Mojo On!

Postby Mark.Lewis » November 30th, 2009, 3:11 pm

I have in my possession an unpublished musical about Harry Houdini composed by Tony Moore late of Cutting Crew and Iron Maiden. Tony used to sell svengali decks for me and is a brilliant musician. Google him and you will see. I remember well that he scoffed to me about other Houdini musicals on the market and implied strongly that his was better. It is interesting that former svengali pitchmen like Roger and Tony are very pleased with themselves.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » November 30th, 2009, 4:33 pm

Look for my credit on Cutting Crew's first album -- I helped Nick Van Eede with some stuff.

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » November 30th, 2009, 9:00 pm

Bob Farmer wrote:Look for my credit on Cutting Crew's first album -- I helped Nick Van Eede with some stuff.

I shall ask Tony if he has ever heard of you the next time I talk to him.

Return to “Alternative Media”