Wedding Magic

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Gord

Wedding Magic

Postby Gord » May 25th, 2009, 11:29 pm

I seem to have a bit of a quandary.
A good friend of mine has asked me to officiate his re-wedding, and he specifically asked me to perform some magic during the ceremony.
But I can't think of anything appropriate. I don't do doves. Something with their rings might be good, but I'm expecting there to be a lot of people there.
Does anyone have a good suggestion? There is plenty of time to rehearse, so that's not a problem.
Thanks in advance.

Gord

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Re: Weddin Magic

Postby Steve Bryant » May 26th, 2009, 6:59 am

Anniversary Waltz. I've done it at many weddings and even won over brides who really didn't want a magician on her wedding day. (Never done it in the ceremony however. And part of the impact relies on surprise, so these folks would really have to trust you!)

Ray Eden

Re: Weddin Magic

Postby Ray Eden » May 26th, 2009, 10:37 am

I do a piece of metaphysical, ritual magic using Snow Storm for my wedding performances. I have the bride and groom on stage with me when the "Storm" is created, which creates a pretty picture. This is last piece of my act, so it leaves the Bride and Groom as the center of attraction at the end of my performance.

Magickally,
Ray Eden

spike

Re: Wedding Magic

Postby spike » June 7th, 2009, 6:07 pm

I just did a wedding this weekend and used Joshua Jay's "Waltzing Cheek-to-Cheek", which uses a cheek-to-cheek deck (for a Triumph style effect) along with the usual fusion plot. I only used it for the bride and groom to keep it especially for them. It's a killer effect for couples.
Spike

Dynamike

Postby Dynamike » November 23rd, 2009, 10:49 am

One time I used "Flash Appearance" to make the bride and groom appear at a wedding reception.

RayChance1

Postby RayChance1 » August 6th, 2010, 5:32 pm

Hello Gord.
During a Ceremony a production would be nice if they have unity candles you can make the first one appear (fantasio) and use it to light a candle in the set, or do some flash string to silk that could be used for something during the ceremony.

if you are the officiant it would be an added touch as oppose to an entire trick and I'm not sure how romantic cards are during the ceremony....

Just a thought

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”