"Black Magicians"

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Magic Newswire

"Black Magicians"

Postby Magic Newswire » November 17th, 2009, 10:21 pm

I was reading THIS ARTICLE in which it is stated that Dewayne Hill is one of only seven "professional" black magicians working today.

I feel certain that this cannot be accurate. Can it?

Mark.Lewis

Re: "Black Magicians"

Postby Mark.Lewis » November 17th, 2009, 10:27 pm

I expect there are a few in Africa. Anyway the article is no longer true.There are a ton of black magicians all over the place.

The best black magician I ever saw was a man named Bunny Neill. I remember well how he created a sensation at the Magic Circle Festival years ago and was in fact the hit of the show. He passed away recently but there is a youtube clip of him somewhere doing the torn and restored newspaper in his later years. I consider him to be a great magician.

James Munton

Postby James Munton » November 17th, 2009, 10:48 pm

I can't believe that is true.

Mr. Hill needs to change his promo and get some more accomplishments. This is awful:

"Over the years Hill has racked up quite a few accomplishments. Hill has performed alongside Michael Winslow from the blockbuster Police Academy and was supposed to perform with David Copperfield until complications kept Copperfield from performing at the show."
--
James Munton
www.jamesmunton.com

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » November 17th, 2009, 11:06 pm

We can't all be marketing geniuses like you, James. You should sell him your very expensive marketing course that doesn't even exist yet.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » November 18th, 2009, 1:03 pm

Perhaps if qualified by "working at this very instant in a twenty mile radius" or something like that.
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Return to “Buzz”