The Long and the Short of it.

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
Mark.Lewis

The Long and the Short of it.

Postby Mark.Lewis » October 29th, 2009, 7:23 am

I suppose while I am here I should try and make some money out of you all.
There has been some recent discussion here about my wondrous book on the svengali deck and I thank Quentin Reynolds for bringing it up and helping my sales.
You can read the actual story about the Amazing Lambert and even better study the move he showed me. And of course there are other marvellous moves too. There is the Jackie Cook spread for example.
Most of the moves in the book are not generally known among the magical fraternity even though they think they know all about the svengali deck. They don't. Only I do.
My book has been recognised as the leading work on the svengali deck. No other DVD or book even comes close.
But then I married the deck years ago. I was selling 400 decks a day in Dublin and my best day was 478 decks in one day. I know more about it than any man living.

My book is a mere $25 and postage paid to anywhere in the world.
You can order it at http://www.marklewisentertainment.com/h ... cians.html

So open your wallets and let the moths fly out.

Mark.Lewis

Re: The Long and the Short of it.

Postby Mark.Lewis » October 29th, 2009, 7:30 am

And hidden away somewhere on the website is a demonstration clip of the actual routine in use. I am not going to tell you where. Seek and ye shall find.

George Olson

Postby George Olson » October 29th, 2009, 3:02 pm

Mark...

That was fun!

GO

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » October 29th, 2009, 8:36 pm

What was fun? Did you see the svengali clip and is that what you are referring to?

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » October 30th, 2009, 6:29 pm

I suppose I should unveil the clip in question. I don't want people sulking that they can't find it.
http://www.marklewisentertainment.com/h ... eshow.html

Go to near the bottom of the page and you will see where to find it. I do the routine then I follow with what grafters call a "rehash" which is simply more material that you can do when nobody buys anything. You will see that I am about to have a stroke and lose my memory between the demo and the rehash.

Advancing senility has that effect. There must be something wrong somewhere when you start to forget how to do a trick you have been doing for nigh on 45 years.

mormonyoyoman

Postby mormonyoyoman » November 1st, 2009, 8:23 pm

Mark, I love the clip - it does appear to be a different clip than the embedded video in your "Wit & Wisdom" book - it even inspires me to order the book tomorrow, because I know I'll hear it in your voice - but the darned site blocks my ability to download it so that I'll have it to treasure and to pull out and watch in my Old Age. (Which will occur next Wednesday at 3 pm.) Might this old Okie hick ask if the video clip might be available with the book?

*jeep!
--Grandpa

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » November 1st, 2009, 9:08 pm

How very odd. The clip on the website is supposed to be the same as that in the Wit and Wisdom book. Quite frankly I have never looked at the clip on the Wit and Wisdom book. God alone knows what she who cannot be named who embedded the clip put on there. I am probably confessing to major crimes or something.

Which book are you talking about? If you want the Wit and Wisdom book and the clip is not embedded then look at the website clip which you appear to have already done. And if it is the Long and the Short of it book which is NOT an e-book then ditto.

The Wit and Wisdom book was put together by Professor Spellbinder who is a member of this site and he was assisted by Ed Coffman and Jim Gerrish. There is a review of this book somewhere on the Genii Forum. God alone knows where since I do not understand technology so I cannot tell you.

My most underestimated work is my great treatise on Marmaduke the Wonder Mouse. This is the greatest book or product ever produced concerning the little creature. If you don't know what a wonder mouse is then wonder no more. It is the famous pocket trick that is so famous that I have only seen one magician do it in my entire life. That was the most incredible and worthy Joe Stuthard a most wonderful magician and pitchman despite the fact that he was Canadian.

There is a youtube clip somewhere of Jimmy Dixon doing it and of course he does a great job since he has made his living with this one trick for many, many years. However Stuthard is the only one I have seen in person do it. I will not count an old derelict that I saw trying to do it with a chalk mouse outside a department store in Blackpool.It was a pretty pathetic exhibition. I expect he was an old magician that Derek Lever banned from the Blackpool convention for flypitching.

While I am at it I suppose I should do a bit of market research for my publisher who is dealing with my memoirs "The Lives of a Showman" This book will not be published for several thousand years the way it is going but just in case it does get done I think it would be interesting to see how many people would buy it.

No need to preorder or anything like that. I would just like to see a show of hands to gauge the general interest.

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » November 2nd, 2009, 7:32 pm

I am delighted to announce that mormonyoyoman has just purchased my most wondrous book. I do wish him a happy birthday for the day after tomorrow.

mormonyoyoman

Postby mormonyoyoman » November 5th, 2009, 5:17 pm

Thank you, Mark. I am celebrating by working, which is a stupid idea and causes me to travel for more hours than I wanted. And I ordered *the Long and Short of It*, not your most wondrous book which you say is the Wonder Mouse book. I shall have to get that eventually, even if I never plan on doing anything with the Wonder Mouse - just as I don't plan to pitch Svengalis, but I got the book to read your imperishable wit. Or something like that.

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet

Barefoot Boy
Favorite Magician: Kreskin

Postby Barefoot Boy » November 6th, 2009, 1:13 am

You will find the foreword witty and informative and the line drawings unparalleled works of art.
~Paul Pacific
Outward sunshine; Inward joy,
Blessings on thee, Barefoot Boy.
www.mindreader.ca

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » November 6th, 2009, 7:12 am

Paul. I have repeatedly told you that self praise is no recommendation. I suggest you use me as a role model in this regard. Besides it was bloody torture getting you to do the work in the first place. You have a master's degree in procrastination and being a lazy bastard. I would use that British expression that you "should pull your socks up" but alas you don't bloody well wear any.

Return to “Light From the Lamp”