Direct Mind Reading with Supreme Serial Killer

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
johncesta

Direct Mind Reading with Supreme Serial Killer

Postby johncesta » August 7th, 2009, 10:00 pm

I searched I have not seen any mention of this item. I have been using this for about a week. It's a set of 7 dollar bills that will play havoc with your audience either one on one or a stadium. Every bill is completely examinable.

Basically you can have someone choose one of 7 bills and you will be able to directly read their thoughts digit by digit. Even have two specs pick a bill each and do the same.

Of course you can do the old Sw***h before picking a bill.

Great effect one of my best purchases ever.

Supreme Serial Killer is custom made and I mean CUSTOM. The dollars are all real, don't worry. Made by Max Krause

John
Creator of ULTIMATE! Positive Negative.
http://www.professionalmagicroutines.com

V Marra

Re: Direct Mind Reading with Supreme Serial Killer

Postby V Marra » October 5th, 2009, 1:38 pm

Just a question... and don't answer if it gives something away... but how are the dollars custom made and real at the same time? Unless the U.S. Mint custom made them for Max?
Just wondering because this sounds intriguing.
Thanks, cheers,
V.

----
http://themagicnetwork.com

Dick Christian

Postby Dick Christian » October 5th, 2009, 3:27 pm

V

For starters the U.S. Mints (there is more than one) make coins, bills are printed at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in Washington, DC. Second, there are a number of ways of modifying the serial numbers on US currency that will defy detection (at least by laymen) without affecting their "spendability."
Dick Christian

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » October 5th, 2009, 3:39 pm

John,

Are you the guy who combined Rick Maue's idea with Max Maven's Positive Negative and are now selling it? Did you get permission from Max to sell his trick?

Brad

V Marra

Postby V Marra » October 6th, 2009, 1:44 pm

Dick Christian wrote:the U.S. Mints (there is more than one) make coins, bills are printed at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in Washington, DC.

I figured as much, but didn't have time to verify it and it is a lot easier to type Mint. Didn't think anyone on a Magic and Mentalism forum would really care or call me on it. Oh well.

Dick Christian

Postby Dick Christian » October 6th, 2009, 7:47 pm

V,

Sorry if I came across as a nitpicker -- didn't mean to. I've doctored the serial numbers on currency for various effects over the years and while there are several ways of doing so, I've found the easiest and simplest is to get a bunch of new sequentially numbered bills from the bank and VERY CAREFULLY -- using a good ink or typewriter eraser (the old fashioned very abrasive kind) simply erase the last digit. If you get bills that are sequentially numbered (with final digits 0 through 9) erasing the final digit will give you 10 bills all bearing the same serial number. Don't worry about anyone catching on (as long as you don't show them more than one bill at a time) -- no one other than a Secret Service or Treasury agent knows how many digits are in the serial numbers on our currency.

Hope this helps.
Dick Christian

V Marra

Postby V Marra » October 7th, 2009, 11:41 am

No worries, Dick, and sorry if I took it the wrong way.
Thanks for the tip, that is a fantastic idea. I'll have to see if I can do something similar with Canadian money :-) should be possible though.
Ever get any funny looks from the bank teller when you request sequentially numbered bills?
Cheers,
V.

----
http://themagicnetwork.com

Dick Christian

Postby Dick Christian » October 7th, 2009, 4:02 pm

V,

Only problem I've ever had has been when the bank doesn't have any new bills. That is a more frequent occurrence at a branch than at the main office. The only thing you have to be careful of is not to erase so vigorously that you tear the bill.
Dick Christian

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”