MINDvention Update and Schedule

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
Danny Archer

MINDvention Update and Schedule

Postby Danny Archer » September 23rd, 2009, 12:55 pm

Hey my friends,

It's been a busy summer for me (and hopefully for you as well), but it's time to look forward to the upcoming MINDvention Nov 8-10th in exciting Las Vegas... We presented a one hour version of MINDvention at MAGIC Live! and I have gotten some great feedback from those that attended...

below is a copy of the schedule for you to peruse...

The Dealer Room is sold out (a good sign I believe) and we have registrants coming from all over the US and from; UK, Canada, Sweden, India, Israel, Belgium, Spain, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Turkey and Australia!

This is shaping up to be a great three days exploring the Art of Mentalism...
stay well, keep busy and I am looking forward to seeing you in Las Vegas...

Danny Archer

2009 MINDvention Schedule of Events

Sunday 8th

Noon Registration Opens

1:30 Attendee Show

3:00 Devin Knight/Berk Eraty Mini-Lectures

5:30 Panel Discussion Topic TBD

6:45 Dinner Break

8:44 Christopher Carter Show (75 min)

Monday 9th

11:00 AM Panel Discussion
Lessons Ive Learned as a Mind-Reader

12:30 PM Lunch/Dealers

2:00 Alain Nu Lecture

4:30 Larry Becker Interview

6:00 Dinner Break/ Dealers

8:00 Andy Nyman Lecture

Tuesday 10th

11:00 AM Attendee Show

12:30 PM Lunch/Dealers

2:00 PM Bob Cassidy Lecture

4:30 PM Max Maven Lecture

6:30 PM Dinner Break

8:30 PM All Star Show

Schedule/performers subject to change
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

Pete Poskiparta

Re: MINDvention Update and Schedule

Postby Pete Poskiparta » September 26th, 2009, 7:24 am

Great. Ill looking forward this. Its my first time at MINDvention and also at Las Vegas.

See you

Pete

Jan Forster

Postby Jan Forster » October 1st, 2009, 5:19 am

.. so see you there... Jan

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » October 2nd, 2009, 12:13 pm

Just when I thought the schedule was set and finished, several new additions came along... All the details and the NEW SCHEDULE are below... Danny Archer

Here is the latest update on MINDvention :

On Sunday the first attendee show will start at 1:00 PM. This will lead into what promises to be an interesting panel discussion. Sean Taylor and a few of his mates from Australia will be attending MINDvention again. These gentlemen, created, produced, marketed and performed their own full evening mentalism show down under. They have agreed to present a panel on the nuts and bolts of how they took their concept from the page to the stage. They will show a few clips, answer some questions and fill you in on how they did it, and how you can do it as well.
We are doubly fortunate in that Mr. Taylor will also be the Master of Ceremonies for the All-Star Show. For those of you who saw Sean when he lectured and performed at the 2007 MINDvention, you know what an accomplished and professional entertainer he his.

The moving up of the schedule will also allow us to give more time to the two mini-lectures scheduled for Sunday. Devin Knight is well known for his many, clever magic and mentalism effects that he has created and released to the community. I heard from enough people telling me that one hour was not enough time, so we have increased his lecture time by 50%! Devin will also have a table in the dealers room showing off his line. Sharing his spot is Berk Eratay.

Berk is probably not as well known in the US, but in his native Turkey where he was the winner of the Phenomenon TV program that is not the case. As last years MINDvention Berk blew everyone away in the attendee show and now he back to lecture and share some of the secrets that led to his TV success. His specialty is Horror Mentalism and I for one cant wait to see what he has in store for us.

We have also pushed the start of the Christopher Carter show up a few minutes. Chris will be performing the very same show he does several times a week for colleges and corporate audiences around the country. It will be so great to see a real mentalism pro doing his bread and butter routines.

That will leave us just enough time to squeeze in a fascinating presenter. As Special Artist Consultant to The Next Uri Geller television series, Joe Atmore has traveled around the world consulting for the franchise in such countries as Germany, the Netherlands, Russia and Turkey. Atmores first experience on the series was consulting for a mentalist on the American version of the show, NBCs Phenomenon. During the run of that show, he was signed up to consult, not just for a single competitor, but to assist with the entire television production in Europe (and even making a guest starring appearance in Russia). This has lead to hundreds of hours of live broadcast time under his belt, and even more hours of behind the scenes happenings in the making of the series. In his lively talk for MINDvention, Joe will provide attendees a rare glimpse into the worlds most popular mentalism show.

And thats Sundays schedule.

On Monday we have added in a presentation by Jim Callahan after the Andy Nyman lecture. Here is what Jim told me you can expect; Much of what I cover has to do with the creation of reality, audience programming, compliance techniques, promotion, compliance based hypnosis, and disclaimers. My personal promotional tool that might be called the opposite of a disclaimer, The integration of light presentations into a mentalism show and the concept of presentation/scripting/backstory being a large part the method and also the value of being a presenter opposed to being the exhibit.
Whew! Thats it I cant add one more event or presenter to what promises to be an incredible mentalism convention.
There is still time to book a flight to Las Vegas rooms at the hotel start as low as $39 a night so what are you waiting for? You can register on line at MINDvention. See ya in Las Vegas.

PS We still have room for a few more acts for the two attendee shows

[size:14pt] 2009 MINDvention Schedule of Events[/size]

Sunday 8th

Noon Registration Opens

1:00 Attendee Show

2:15 Panel Discussion
Creating and Presenting a Mentalism Show

3:30 Devin Knight/Berk Eraty Lectures

6:30 Dinner Break

8:33 Christopher Carter Show (75 min)

10:00 Joe Atmore on Phenomenon

Monday 9th

11:00 AM Panel Discussion
Lessons Ive Learned as a Mind-Reader

12:30 Lunch/Dealers

2:00 Alain Nu Lecture

4:30 Larry Becker Interview

6:00 Dinner Break/Dealers

8:00 Andy Nyman Lecture

10:00 Jim Callahan- Mentalism Tools & Techniques

Tuesday 10th

11:00 AM Attendee Show

12:30 Lunch/Dealers

2:00 Bob Cassidy Lecture

4:30 Max Maven Lecture

8:30 All Star Show

Schedule/performers subject to change
Producer of MINDvention

mentalism convention

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » October 2nd, 2009, 12:16 pm

Just when I thought the schedule was set and finished, several new additions came along... All the details and the NEW SCHEDULE are below... Danny Archer

Here is the latest update on MINDvention :

On Sunday the first attendee show will start at 1:00 PM. This will lead into what promises to be an interesting panel discussion. Sean Taylor and a few of his mates from Australia will be attending MINDvention again. These gentlemen, created, produced, marketed and performed their own full evening mentalism show down under. They have agreed to present a panel on the nuts and bolts of how they took their concept from the page to the stage. They will show a few clips, answer some questions and fill you in on how they did it, and how you can do it as well.
We are doubly fortunate in that Mr. Taylor will also be the Master of Ceremonies for the All-Star Show. For those of you who saw Sean when he lectured and performed at the 2007 MINDvention, you know what an accomplished and professional entertainer he his.

The moving up of the schedule will also allow us to give more time to the two mini-lectures scheduled for Sunday. Devin Knight is well known for his many, clever magic and mentalism effects that he has created and released to the community. I heard from enough people telling me that one hour was not enough time, so we have increased his lecture time by 50%! Devin will also have a table in the dealers room showing off his line. Sharing his spot is Berk Eratay.

Berk is probably not as well known in the US, but in his native Turkey where he was the winner of the Phenomenon TV program that is not the case. As last years MINDvention Berk blew everyone away in the attendee show and now he back to lecture and share some of the secrets that led to his TV success. His specialty is Horror Mentalism and I for one cant wait to see what he has in store for us.

We have also pushed the start of the Christopher Carter show up a few minutes. Chris will be performing the very same show he does several times a week for colleges and corporate audiences around the country. It will be so great to see a real mentalism pro doing his bread and butter routines.

That will leave us just enough time to squeeze in a fascinating presenter. As Special Artist Consultant to The Next Uri Geller television series, Joe Atmore has traveled around the world consulting for the franchise in such countries as Germany, the Netherlands, Russia and Turkey. Atmores first experience on the series was consulting for a mentalist on the American version of the show, NBCs Phenomenon. During the run of that show, he was signed up to consult, not just for a single competitor, but to assist with the entire television production in Europe (and even making a guest starring appearance in Russia). This has lead to hundreds of hours of live broadcast time under his belt, and even more hours of behind the scenes happenings in the making of the series. In his lively talk for MINDvention, Joe will provide attendees a rare glimpse into the worlds most popular mentalism show.

And thats Sundays schedule.

On Monday we have added in a presentation by Jim Callahan after the Andy Nyman lecture. Here is what Jim told me you can expect; Much of what I cover has to do with the creation of reality, audience programming, compliance techniques, promotion, compliance based hypnosis, and disclaimers. My personal promotional tool that might be called the opposite of a disclaimer, The integration of light presentations into a mentalism show and the concept of presentation/scripting/backstory being a large part the method and also the value of being a presenter opposed to being the exhibit.
Whew! Thats it I cant add one more event or presenter to what promises to be an incredible mentalism convention.
There is still time to book a flight to Las Vegas rooms at the hotel start as low as $39 a night so what are you waiting for? You can register on line at MINDvention. See ya in Las Vegas.

PS We still have room for a few more acts for the two attendee shows

2009 MINDvention Schedule of Events

Sunday 8th

Noon Registration Opens

1:00 Attendee Show

2:15 Panel Discussion
Creating and Presenting a Mentalism Show

3:30 Devin Knight/Berk Eraty Lectures

8:33 Christopher Carter Show (75 min)

10:00 Joe Atmore on Phenomenon

Monday 9th