Question about Stewart James

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
Tabman

Question about Stewart James

Postby Tabman » September 25th, 2009, 8:01 pm

Though Ive never heard of another name, either first or middle, associated with Stewart James all the years Ive been a fan, Im getting ready to have some "gentlemen's" handkerchiefs monogrammed with SJ initials to include with my 1939 Sefalaljia kit for the knotted handkerchief trick, Id hate to find out later that James had three initials.

Does anyone know. I've emailed Alan Slaight but so far he hasn't answered me. It may be because Ive asked a stupid question and he is ignoring me. Ive poured over the James book and some earlier material I have onhand and can't remember ever knowing.

SJ or ??

David Ben

Re: Question about Stewart James

Postby David Ben » September 26th, 2009, 9:42 am

Allan doesn't answer emails. Stewart James was fond of saying that he did not have a middle name. His name was John George Stewart James. That's why some of his effects are call Jogestja.

Tabman

Re: Question about Stewart James

Postby Tabman » September 26th, 2009, 11:21 am

Thank you kind sir, seems like I remember knowing that now that you mention it. That's pretty funny. James has four initials; not three and not two. I love it. "No middle name!" I guess I will just stick to "SJ"

Thanks for honoring my request for information. I felt that someone here at the Genii Forum would be able to answer the question.

Onward and upward and best to you.

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”