video

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
joanmonse

video

Postby joanmonse » May 29th, 2009, 12:57 pm

Hi,
I want to invite all of you to watch a video.
I would like to know your opinion. Thanks in advance!
Please, use the next link:

Best regards!
Joan Monse

Pete Poskiparta

Re: video

Postby Pete Poskiparta » June 24th, 2009, 9:58 am

Joan,

Its quite hard to give you a real feedback because I dont understand your language. In this kind of effects the script is very important and now I cant say anything about it.

Anyway your presentation on clear and natural. I like that how you build your routine. You give time to it. Perhaps too much ? Im not sure cause I still dont know what you say. Anyway it feels a little bit too long before real things start happens.

In my opinion you dont have to prove so much and so many times that your scorpio and spikes are really sharp. The audience really believe it and you get faster to the point.

Im not the big fan of this kind of effects but yours is better than many others that I have seen. Maybe it would be even better if I could understand your script.

Pete

joanmonse

Postby joanmonse » July 6th, 2009, 4:57 pm

Hi Pete! First, SORRY for my delayed response!!!
Thank you VERY much for your opinion about the video.
I'm always trying to improve my presentations and I'm very happy to receive other mentalists, like you, points of view.
Thanks again and kindest regards!
Joan

Jeff Pierce Magic

Postby Jeff Pierce Magic » July 7th, 2009, 3:26 pm

Joan,
Very nice production quality. My only comment since you asked is to slow down on the fast cut editing style. It's not a MTV crowd, You can afford yourself more time between cuts to build drama and suspense.

Good luck with your production.

Jeff Pierce

joanmonse

Postby joanmonse » August 20th, 2009, 10:11 am

Hi Jeff,
first of all, SORRY, please, for the delayed response!!
I agree with you about the editing style.
Next time we will do slower...
Kindest regards!
Joan

Arnon

Postby Arnon » September 6th, 2009, 4:48 am

Joan:

Since I too do not understand your language, can you tell us what you claim to your audience that you are doing in order to locate the makibishi? You seem to be "reading" the participants' hands in that process, but it is not clear to me because of the language barrier.

Thanks!
Arnon

joanmonse

Postby joanmonse » September 7th, 2009, 3:52 am

Hi Arnon,
thanks for watching the video and your interest about the routine.

Yes, I'm "reading" the participants minds and hands because, they saw who put the Makibishi in the paper ball but, I never explain to the spectators about how supposedly I find the Makibishi.

Sorry for my bad english.
Kindest regards!
Joan

Arnon

Postby Arnon » September 7th, 2009, 2:47 pm

Hi Joan:

Thanks for your reply. Now that I have a bit more of an understanding of your presentation, I like what you've done with it. However, I feel that having the participants ball up the papers, including one containing the makibishi, makes them handle it too much and come too close to it. If the makibishi is a dangerous and scary object (and originally meant to be coated with poison), I'd want the participants to be "hands off" with it - using paper cups is the conventional way, but perhaps other kinds of covers could be used so that they don't actually handle the makibishi.

Thanks again for the video.

Arnon

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”