The Grail of ACAAN

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
Tommy

The Grail of ACAAN

Postby Tommy » July 25th, 2009, 1:55 am

Hi I ask you: "What is the Grail of ACAAN"?
When I can say: "This is the Grail!" ?

After you have an answer I ask you:
If an ACAAN method support all following conditions
is this the Grail?

Hands-off (100%) ( The deck can even be held by an audience member.)
No Force, of any kind.
No Psychological method: (Force, false memory, multiple reality, etc. etc. )
Works 100% of the times.
No stooges, Instant stooges, Pre-show.
No switch Deck.
No Gaffed Deck ( it is a regular deck )
No sleight of hand
No equivoque
No Gimmick ( Anyway as you see above the deck can be held by a spectator )
Card and Number are named always when the deck are not in possession of the magician.
The magician doesn't touch the deck never from the start and forever.

Then if you believe that it is impossible try to see here:

http://sites.google.com/site/m2mmagictrick/destiny-2

But the impossibile is not this!!! The impossible is:
"This effect is for free as new addon of Destiny 2"

Anyway I don't claim to say that: "This is the Grail" but
if the Grail exists "The Match" ( this is the name of this effect ) is very close to Holy Grail of ACAAN.

Tommy.

Nathan Muir

Re: The Grail of ACAAN

Postby Nathan Muir » July 25th, 2009, 2:50 am

When I say what are you talking about.
Then you say I am talking about this.
Then I say what are you talking this is about.
Then you say this is what I believe is the impossible.
When I can say what.
Then you can say I don't claim to say that.
Then I say how high the moon.

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » July 25th, 2009, 11:29 am

Kind of blah. Seems like a svengali deck with roughed pairs.

David Britland(sp?) posted on his blog a much cleaner/nicer (in my opinion) looking version a while back.

EFFECT

A spectator merely thinks of a card. He tells no one. He does not write it down.

Another spectator thinks of any number from 1 to 52. No force. Again nothing is written down. The deck is shuffled and placed on the table. The performer never touches the deck from this moment. For the very first time the number is revealed. The chosen number is counted down to. Only then is the thought of card named. And yes it is the very card at the thought of number. Totally self-working. Resets instantly. The thought of card is always at the called number. The rest of the cards can be freely shown. The spectator deals the cards. The performer doesnt need to know the number until it is reached. Fifty bucks!

In this version, the cards can be fairly riffle shuffled and even spread face up to show they're all different.

http://cardopolis.blogspot.com/2007_12_16_archive.html

Tommy

Postby Tommy » July 25th, 2009, 11:35 am

This effect is a good effect but it uses gaffed deck.
In my method I use a regular deck.

Tommy.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » July 25th, 2009, 11:35 am

I'd like to apologize to everyone for deciding the use the phrase, "Holy Grail of card magic" in my ads for my ACAAN. The usage seems to have spread to every other version out there. Once again, I'm so sorry.

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » July 25th, 2009, 11:38 am

Tommy wrote:This effect is a good effect but it uses gaffed deck.

Tommy.

The Destiny deck you sell instructions to make is not gaffed?

you will find enclosed a document that contains instructions to build yourself the "Destiny Deck" , a way to perform with no skills at all!

Tommy

Postby Tommy » July 25th, 2009, 11:42 am

Bob if I used the word Grail because my method is close the Grail. Anyway if someone can explain me holy grail of ACAAN what are the conditions that an effect must to have to call it Holy Grail I am very happy to verify if my effect respect all possible conditions.

Tommy.

PS. Excuse me for my english

Tommy

Postby Tommy » July 25th, 2009, 11:44 am

Destiny Deck is a gaffed deck.

I talk about "The Match" my new ACAAN hand off...
I will give for free to everyone have Destiny 2.

The effect that I talk on this thread is "The Match"
If you go on my site:
http://sites.google.com/site/m2mmagictrick/destiny-2
in news section I talk about 2 effects: L.A ACAAN
and The Match.

TOmmy.

Chris Aguilar wrote:
Tommy wrote:This effect is a good effect but it uses gaffed deck.

Tommy.

The Destiny deck you sell instructions to make is not gaffed?

you will find enclosed a document that contains instructions to build yourself the "Destiny Deck" , a way to perform with no skills at all!

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » July 25th, 2009, 12:54 pm

The clips seem poor to me.

I'd normally suggest that one pitch this particular type of ware to a more non discriminating audience like that at the Magic Cafe. But I understand that you've already done so and (for whatever reason) have now been banned there.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » July 25th, 2009, 1:28 pm

Chris Aguilar wrote:The clips seem poor to me.

I'd normally suggest that one pitch this particular type of ware to a more non discriminating audience like that at the Magic Cafe. But I understand that you've already done so and (for whatever reason) have now been banned there.

I will change the clips, with italian version with the audience.

For my ban on the Magic Cafe there are many reasons (the main reason is: I asked the moderator to change a review on destiny 2 because there was an exposure and the moderator said me no, I asked him over and over again and after some my mail he changes the review. After this dispute he decides to remove all my post and threads from the cafe, and I was very angry and I have written again to the moderator to understand the reason and he banned me. I was very angry because I asked many people for a review of Destiny 2, but nobody wrote nothing for me except few persons, then the moderatore removes all and I wrote very angry to put again the reviews on the site, but he decided to ban me ), but this ban has distroyed my image and my effects. I am in a black list and all magicians go away from me.

But I believe that I don't mistake nothing. I helped many magicians and I shared my effects for free to help them. Anyway I am out.

Now I create a website for my effects in order to avoid my effects are forgotten.

For me is very hard to achieve the trust of the audience again because I am unknown, but I want try the same. I am not a bad boy.

Tommy.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » July 25th, 2009, 1:49 pm

Chris Aguilar wrote:Kind of blah. Seems like a svengali deck with roughed pairs.

David Britland(sp?) posted on his blog a much cleaner/nicer (in my opinion) looking version a while back.

EFFECT

A spectator merely thinks of a card. He tells no one. He does not write it down.

Another spectator thinks of any number from 1 to 52. No force. Again nothing is written down. The deck is shuffled and placed on the table. The performer never touches the deck from this moment. For the very first time the number is revealed. The chosen number is counted down to. Only then is the thought of card named. And yes it is the very card at the thought of number. Totally self-working. Resets instantly. The thought of card is always at the called number. The rest of the cards can be freely shown. The spectator deals the cards. The performer doesnt need to know the number until it is reached. Fifty bucks!

In this version, the cards can be fairly riffle shuffled and even spread face up to show they're all different.

http://cardopolis.blogspot.com/2007_12_16_archive.html

I got Cards By Martin to make me the deck and I do this all the time. It's a brilliant solution.

I've also fooled a couple of folk at the Castle with it.

:)

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » July 25th, 2009, 1:53 pm

mrgoat wrote:
I got Cards By Martin to make me the deck and I do this all the time. It's a brilliant solution.

No surprise there. Britland's take seems more practical than just about any I've seen. I really like the thinking behind it and have been tempted to get a deck made up for myself.

It was very kind of David to share it.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » July 25th, 2009, 2:47 pm

Chris Aguilar wrote:
mrgoat wrote:

No surprise there. Britland's take seems more practical than just about any I've seen. I really like the thinking behind it and have been tempted to get a deck made up for myself.

It was very kind of David to share it.

It was really reasonable. I can't remember how much, but I was surprised at how cheap it was.

And yes, it was very generous of him.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » July 25th, 2009, 3:05 pm

Chris Aguilar wrote:
mrgoat wrote:

No surprise there.

Hey, Chris, when is your week at the castle? I'd come out to see you work - or are they so 'out of the loop' that they still fail to consider forum posts actual performance?

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » July 25th, 2009, 3:27 pm

mrgoat wrote:It was really reasonable. I can't remember how much, but I was surprised at how cheap it was.

Well I suppose that one could try the vendor that Britland recommends (www.cards4magic.co.uk) but for shipping purposes, I'd probably stick with a U.S. vendor like "Cards by Martin" as you suggest. How long did it take him to get that deck out to you?

On reading Britland's take on this effect, I enjoy/respect how he has constructed his routine to really take the heat off any suspicion of a svengali deck. Some really good thinking there that encourages me to strongly consider picking up some of his other material.

----Found some price information.

Seems like the "Reverse Svengali" for Britland's effect is only $12.50 from "Cards by Martin". Not bad at all.

Svengali, Reversed
Reversed Svengali. Long force cards. Poker
$12.50

http://cardsbymartin.com/store/index.ph ... d=svengali

Stan Willis

Postby Stan Willis » July 29th, 2009, 6:44 am

"The Berglas Effect" in itself is not by definition of the word the Grail by any means. I believe that David Berglas himself is a Master of deck memorization,computations, calculations,(you name the outs) he uses to successfully arrive at the ACAAN. And the effect does not appear the same each and every time he performs it.It probably takes a lifetime to accomplish such a feat. Any volunteers??

Tommy

Postby Tommy » July 30th, 2009, 6:57 am

Stan Willis wrote:"The Berglas Effect" in itself is not by definition of the word the Grail by any means. I believe that David Berglas himself is a Master of deck memorization,computations, calculations,(you name the outs) he uses to successfully arrive at the ACAAN. And the effect does not appear the same each and every time he performs it.It probably takes a lifetime to accomplish such a feat. Any volunteers??

Hi Stan this morning I sent to all buyers of Destiny 2 my "The Match" and If I remember correctly you have Destiny 2: Please try to see if The Match has all my strict conditions of my previous post and if it is right that I try to compare this version with to Holy Grail. Perhaps I make a mistake: but for me is as close as possible to Holy Grail.

This effect appear without any explanation without any trick,
and I give as FREE BONUS.

Just my thought.

Tommy

Stan Willis

Postby Stan Willis » July 30th, 2009, 4:20 pm

Tommy,

I will confirm that I received your latest pdf @ 6:01 am this morning which included your LA ACAAN and THE MATCH. I haven't had the opportunity to go over either effect but I will take a look at both when that will be I can't tell you but probably some where down the road after the honey-do list.

Regards,

Stan

Tommy

Postby Tommy » July 30th, 2009, 5:18 pm

Stan,

Thank you very much.

Tommy.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 30th, 2009, 9:10 pm

Isn't there a version of Any Card at Any Number using a Svengali Deck in Hugard's Encyclopedia of Card Tricks?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Tommy

Postby Tommy » July 31st, 2009, 3:42 am

Richard Kaufman wrote:Isn't there a version of Any Card at Any Number using a Svengali Deck in Hugard's Encyclopedia of Card Tricks?

Excuse me Sir if I take from myself the permission to correct you and everyone on this thread: If you use a Svengali deck you have a CAAN and not ACAAN. Many effects on the market are CAAN and not ACAAN. My version is an ACAAN: the audience can name any card and any number. Please, who already has my effect can correct me if I am in error.

I don't say this is the Holy Grail of ACAAN because there are negative situations.

But the power of my method is: In negative or in positive situation, the performance doesn't change, it is always the same (everytime). No difference between negative and positive performance.

Then if there is no difference I can compare my version with the Holy Grail.

Just my thought on Holy Grail: The Holy Grail doesn't exist and today I know only one version of ACAAN with all my strict condition and without Negative situation, the name of this version???

LEGEND of Thomas Baxter.

Thank you very much.

Tommy.

Stan Willis

Postby Stan Willis » July 31st, 2009, 7:29 am

As of this moment forward I am going to refrain from using the words "Holy Grail" in the same context of a mental card effect as those two (2) words have religious implications and besides Bob Farmer has already apologized for using those words in his ad and I accept that. I am going to replace those two (2) words with actually three (3) words of my very own choosing......."the ultimate ACAAN".
So now you know what I am referring to each and every time I mention that phrase. That being said, does "the ultimate ACAAN exist"?? It most certainly does and the breaking news is that it is not The Berglas Effect itself but instead two(2) conditions that lie within David Berglas's memorized stack ( or anyone else's stack for that matter including yours, Tommy).
Those two (2) separate conditions are that the named card and the named number by happenstance coincide with one another. If you know your stack and I'm sure that you do you might have the spectator count face down from the top of the deck or perhaps instruct him/her to turn the deck face up and count down from the face to arrive at the chosen number. Those two (2) conditions represent "the ultimate ACAAN" in my humble opinion.

Sebastien L.

Postby Sebastien L. » July 31st, 2009, 7:46 am

Has this product been reviewed in Genii? If not, I must admit that I have no idea why this thread was posted here (in "Light from the Lamp")

Tommy

Postby Tommy » July 31st, 2009, 8:37 am

Sebastien L. wrote:Has this product been reviewed in Genii? If not, I must admit that I have no idea why this thread was posted here (in "Light from the Lamp")

This is my error, I read this now:

Light From the Lamp:
Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.

I created this thread here because in past I have found a discussion where a member talk about my effect.

A this point if this is a problem and the moderator read this... Please remove the entire thread, I am very sorry for my big mistake.

And I didn't think that "H. G." was a religious problem, but for me HG is only to indicate the "Perfect ACAAN version".

Please if the moderator see this thread and this hurt someone please remove it from the forum.

Tommy.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » July 31st, 2009, 8:47 am

Tommy wrote:And I didn't think that "H. G." was a religious problem, but for me HG is only to indicate the "Perfect ACAAN version".

I thought the whole thing was a Monty Python reference?

We are the cards that say Ni.

Sebastien L.

Postby Sebastien L. » July 31st, 2009, 11:18 am

Tommy wrote:A this point if this is a problem and the moderator read this... Please remove the entire thread, I am very sorry for my big mistake.

Probably no need to do that, just to move the thread to a more appropriate place here. The discussion is still valuable to some I imagine.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 31st, 2009, 11:28 am

There's no problem with the thread being in this category, so don't worry about that.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » July 31st, 2009, 11:41 am

Richard Kaufman wrote:There's no problem with the thread being in this category, so don't worry about that.

Richard:

Thank you very much.

Tommy.

PS. From now I don't write again any religious reference.

Stan Willis

Postby Stan Willis » July 31st, 2009, 2:23 pm

To all Forum Viewers:

My apologies to anyone and everyone, but I sincerely hope that it will be noted that my previous post was written in the 1st person (I) and not he; not she; not they; and not them; but (I).

Tommy

Postby Tommy » August 1st, 2009, 3:50 am

Stan Willis wrote:To all Forum Viewers:

My apologies to anyone and everyone, but I sincerely hope that it will be noted that my previous post was written in the 1st person (I) and not he; not she; not they; and not them; but (I).

Don't worry Stan,
Can I ask you a little favour, because you are the only one present on the thread to have 'The Match'. My effect appears unbelieveble with all my strict conditions, but you are the witness that my effect is real. Can you confirm that my effect works under all my above conditions and if a negative situation appears there is no difference with a positve performance?

Everyone can write I can perform ACAAN with impossible conditions without any proof, then I want only demonstrate that is real.

Someone on The Magic Cafe talk about my effects:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... rum=159&29

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... orum=159&5

Thank you very much.

Tommy.

Stan Willis

Postby Stan Willis » August 1st, 2009, 10:47 am

Tommy,

If PDF's are accepted here for review and I'm sure that the moderators in Richard, Dustin, and/or Jim would advise you one way or the other, I think the proper protocol would be for you to submit your item to THE LIGHT FROM THE LAMP ONLINE. There are two (2) seasoned veterans there in Kent Gunn and Tom Frame who have been assigned the dutiful task of reviewing new offerings here on the Genii Forum.

Ben Harris

Postby Ben Harris » August 3rd, 2009, 12:18 am

I think you guys will enjoy "Crossroads" and the ACAAN application called CRACAAN.

Esteemed editor, Richard Kaufman has a pre-release review copy. So watch Genii for his thoughts. You can find out more at www.wowbound.com

Cheers

Ben Harris
Creator of the famous "Floating Match On Card" illusion.
WOWBOUND.COM - INSTANT DOWNLOADS

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 3rd, 2009, 12:39 am

Ben Harris's new effect is very strong--I highly recommend it. You could kick someone's butt GOOD and hard with it. Click on his Crossroads banner at the top of this site when it comes up in rotation.

Ben Harris

Postby Ben Harris » August 4th, 2009, 6:02 am

You got me.

Yes, its the method you allude to, performed atop the table rather than below with (of course) an inverted stack (unless you reverse the two of spades).

The seven is the heart which is the seven.

I will immediately refund all customers and apologise to Derren.

Ben

Royce Kirbow

Postby Royce Kirbow » August 4th, 2009, 11:07 am

Ben,

You are a wicked man! ;)

That is the funniest post I've read in quite some time.

If only you had taken the time to show it to Peter Duffie, Max Maven and a few other industry names all your problems could have been avoided...

LOL

Thanks for the laugh, I'll be chuckling about this all day.

Royce K.

Ben Harris

Postby Ben Harris » August 4th, 2009, 4:33 pm

lol

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 4th, 2009, 6:26 pm

Peter Duffie wrote the Foreword, so I think he read the trick.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » August 4th, 2009, 6:47 pm

I can hear Royce calling Ben "wicked" in my mind's ear and it makes me giggle. I am not at all happy that calling someone "wicked" with an American accent isn't nearly as funny as doing so with a British one. (Same goes with "cheeky.")

Sometimes life just isn't fair...

Tom Frame
Favorite Magician: Del Ray

Postby Tom Frame » August 6th, 2009, 4:37 pm

A big thank you to Damian for his referral to Britland's "Bogus Effect". I bought the deck from Cards by Martin and have been killing people with the effect. A bigger thank you to Mr. Britland for his terrific method.

On 8/1, I PM'd Tommy and offered to review his ACAAN for Light from the Lamp Online. A response of some kind, be it positive or negative, would be the courteous thing to do. He has not responded.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » August 6th, 2009, 8:02 pm

My pleasure! And yes. I am but the VERY lowly messenger for the wonderfully talented Mr Britland who came up with the idea.

Glad you're enjoying it though.

Return to “Light From the Lamp”