Searching for Senor Mardo

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Searching for Senor Mardo

Postby Dustin Stinett » June 5th, 2009, 1:13 am

Hi All,

The daughter of Senor Mardo is in search of photographs of her father, magician Senor Mardo.

If you have anything you are willing to part with or leads to any such material, PM or email me!

Thanks,
Dustin

Kevin Connolly

Re: Searching for Senor Mardo

Postby Kevin Connolly » June 5th, 2009, 5:47 am

Now there was a great guy. We used to work/hangout at Tannen's in th 70's. Senor always had time for everyone. As for me, he could never remember my name. He would always call me Blondie. He even inscribed his books to me with that name. It was the best, as he was.

I'm sorry but I don't have a photo that I know of. Who ever wound up with Irving Desfor, Larry Shean, Ed Mishell or Larry Arcuri's stuff might have a lead. I would contact George Schindler for a possible lead on a photo.
Please visit my website.
http://houdinihimself.com/
I buy,sell + trade Houdini, Hardeen items.

Mark Williams

Postby Mark Williams » June 5th, 2009, 9:23 am

Dustin, Thank you so much for getting the word out. I'm the one assisting Roselynn Richardson, trying to find photos of her dad (Mardo). She is specifically looking for "headshots" or "profiles". I was able to find one online which sold at auction 4 years ago. Most all photos of her father have been lost due to moving etc. Rose and her 92 year old mother(Mardo's widow) live here in Las Vegas. I had the pleasure of meeting both over at Boomers. Thank you again for assisting in this quest.

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams
Once is Magic...Twice is an Education.

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » June 5th, 2009, 9:41 am

There is a picture of him performing cups and balls in the January 2007 of the Linking Ring, page 36, in the "Pictures from the Past" section.

Would you be able to find out his birthday, so we can update his page on MagicPedia, http://geniimagazine.com/wiki/index.php/Senor_Mardo?
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Mark Williams

Postby Mark Williams » June 11th, 2009, 8:47 am

Joe Pecore wrote:Would you be able to find out his birthday, so we can update his page on MagicPedia, http://geniimagazine.com/wiki/index.php/Senor_Mardo?

Joe, Sorry for the delay. Charles was born on June 8, 1895 in Havana Cuba. Rose wanted me to let everyone know his parents were Cuban not French. Are you able to make the correction?

His wife, Lynne Castel was born in Little Rock, Arkansas on January 31, 1917.

Lynne was a master puppeteer and made her own marionettes. She would perform her puppet show and Charles would perform his Magic Show as a complete evening package, since 1941. As I get more details, I'll continue to keep you up to date.

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 11th, 2009, 12:10 pm

I edited the MagicPedia post to reflect Mardo's real name (which he repeatedly told me and showed me his driver's license or some other identification type card).

I wonder if his daughter knows he was a spy. :)
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 11th, 2009, 2:03 pm

I've been told that Mardo died around 1980, not 1976.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Mark Williams

Postby Mark Williams » June 11th, 2009, 10:18 pm

Richard, Thank you for the revision. Next time I call Rose, I'll ask about the missing information. Thanks, again!

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”