The Steel Ball Routine DVD finally released! Special discount valid thru April 10, 2009

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Lou Serrano

The Steel Ball Routine DVD finally released! Special discount valid thru April 10, 2009

Postby Lou Serrano » April 2nd, 2009, 6:27 am

Okay, this is my very first post, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules here.

After ten years of performing and perfecting one of my signature close-up routines, it is finally available to the magic community. The website is up, but there has been a delay in the manufacturing of the DVD. It should be available to ship by April 10th.

If you pre-order any time between now and April 10, 2009 I am offering free shipping and handling. That's right. I will pay the shipping so you don't have to. After April 10th shipping and handling charges will apply.

To get all the details on what I'm talking about click here

Jonathan Townsend

Re: The Steel Ball Routine DVD finally released! Special discount valid thru April 10, 2009

Postby Jonathan Townsend » April 2nd, 2009, 8:56 am

Hi Lou,

I've been looking for something like John Cornelius's three ball trick with a more practical method - and using ball bearings sounds like fun. Is there a video clip online somewhere so folks can get a sense of the look/feel for what your item is about?

Thanks,

Jon
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Ian Kendall

Re: The Steel Ball Routine DVD finally released! Special discount valid thru April 10, 2009

Postby Ian Kendall » April 2nd, 2009, 9:31 am

Wow. I wish I got 200 dollars an hour for private lessons...

Ian

Lou Serrano

Re: The Steel Ball Routine DVD finally released! Special discount valid thru April 10, 200

Postby Lou Serrano » April 2nd, 2009, 2:35 pm

Hi Jonathan,

I thought long and hard about putting up a video for the routine, but decided against it. Part of the routine depends on the element of surprise and misdirection. If I put up a video of the most magical elements of the routine, all you'd have to do is play the video over and over to figure out some of the basics, although you'd be missing some salient details.

I have taken Cornelius' premise and completely changed the handling, so the magic looks even more magical, more powerful, and much more deceptive. I perform standing and have performed it surrounded. This is not an easy routine, and certainly don't recommend it for beginners, but anyone with intermediate skills that is willing to put in the work will be rewarded with a high caliber routine that will devastate even the most seasoned professionals.

If you're still concerned about not being able to watch a video clip before purchasing, keep in mind that I offer a 100% money-back guarantee. If you feel that the routine is simply not for you. Just return it for a full refund.

All the best,

Lou

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: The Steel Ball Routine DVD finally released! Special discount valid thru April 10, 200

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 2nd, 2009, 3:36 pm

There's a paradox about putting up video clips: enough of us are clever and can work out handlings just from watching a performance, thus depriving the seller of his sale! It's a fine line to walk.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Curtis Kam

Postby Curtis Kam » April 2nd, 2009, 6:52 pm

But if, as the ad copy states, this routine has had even Johnny Ace Palmer "guessing for years" what harm could a little Youtube taste do?

A1exM

Postby A1exM » April 3rd, 2009, 8:01 am

"Wow. I wish I got 200 dollars an hour for private lessons"

Even Cynthia Payne doesn't earn that for an hours 'lesson'

Larry Horowitz

Postby Larry Horowitz » April 3rd, 2009, 8:07 pm

This is a GREAT routine!!!

I have seen it numerous times in the Castle close-up room.

I am truly stunned that Lou is releasing it.

KHC

Postby KHC » April 4th, 2009, 1:54 am

I have to agree with Mr. Horowitz. I can't recall the number of times I have seen this routine of Lou's, but one thing is for sure, he kills his audiences with this...and I believe this is his closer. Great original magic with a super kicker ending.

Kurtis

Lou Serrano

Postby Lou Serrano » April 16th, 2009, 12:34 am

Update: After several emails from people that purchased the Steel Ball Routine regarding the exact type of steel balls to get, I've decided to include the one-inch steel ball bearings in all future orders. The website will be updated soon. I'm also contemplating putting up a video trailer on the website, but if that happens, it won't be for another couple of months.

Respectfully,

Lou Serrano

Dave Mithaca

Postby Dave Mithaca » April 19th, 2009, 11:15 am

Hi Lou, I hope that you also think about releasing your wonderful animated/floating bill trick. It's one of the best versions I've ever had the pleasure of watching!

Lou Serrano

Postby Lou Serrano » April 19th, 2009, 2:12 pm

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for the kind words. The reason I included the performance of the animated dollar bill was to see if there was enough interest in the routine to warrant putting out another video. If I get enough interest, I will definitely consider it.

Thanks for commenting.

Respectfully,

Lou Serrano

Sonny Shepard

Postby Sonny Shepard » May 8th, 2009, 4:16 pm

I've heard a lot of great things about this routine, so I ordered this yesterday and received it today! Now that is fast customer service. I look forward to watching the DVD over the weekend and working on the routine.

Joe Naud
Favorite Magician: Vernon, Tamariz, Carney, DaOrtiz, Mac King

Postby Joe Naud » May 8th, 2009, 11:23 pm

Please post your feelings about this product. I reviewed the website and thought it looked interesting. Tough to beat a 12 month customer satisfaction or your money back guarantee!!!
Peace, joe

Dave Mithaca

Postby Dave Mithaca » May 9th, 2009, 7:43 pm

Sonny Shepard wrote:I've heard a lot of great things about this routine, so I ordered this yesterday and received it today! Now that is fast customer service. I look forward to watching the DVD over the weekend and working on the routine.

Hi Sonny, I couldn't help but notice your last name and the view of Earth from the moon. I figure you're aware that the first American in space was Alan Shepard, and I was just wondering if there is any relation?

Anyway, it's nice to see that Lou Serrano has such great customer service, as I'll be getting his routine for my birthday this summer. :)

Sonny Shepard

Postby Sonny Shepard » May 11th, 2009, 2:33 am

Even though Alan and I spell our last name the same way, there is no relation. I just liked the picture of of the earth.

Sonny Shepard

Postby Sonny Shepard » May 11th, 2009, 3:23 am

So I was finally able to study and work on the routine over the weekend, but before I get to the routine itself, let me tell you about all the other things I received.

Upon opening the box I received a set of steel ball bearings and a special gimmick that is used during the routine. There was the DVD, some other sheets of instructions and a special report on the business of magic.

I perform magic part time, but I am trying to transition into a full time magician, so I found the special report very valuable. I particularly liked the fact that Lou talked about fees to expect in different venues. It was very informative and I look forward to hearing about his course on the business of magic that is supposedly coming out soon.

I viewed the DVD as per Lou's instructions which said to view the Magic Castle performance first. I did exactly that, and was floored by Lou's presentation of not only the steel ball routine, but he also performed a simple but beautiful Matrix routine, along with a floating bill that has to be the best floating bill I've ever seen.

On the main portion of the DVD I was surprised to see four other routines before getting to the steel balls, but these were the bonus routines. My favorites were the card to picture frame and fireball routine which I am going to immediately start working on. Both routines were very simple but also very visual. His thoughts on the Matrix were interesting and thought provoking. I don't know if it would fit my style, but in Lou's hands it's a thing of beauty.

So here's my thoughts on the steel balls. This is definitely a professional caliber routine. It's unlike any other routine I've seen before, and the first time I saw it, I was completely baffled as to the method. One of the vanishes had a tell but the other two vanishes went completely by me. I had no idea what had just happened.
Even though I knew what the ending was, that got me too. I felt like a kid again watching what looked like real magic.

The method is quite involved, but not too difficult and Lou is a very good teacher. I worked on this all day Sunday and I was able to get all three vanishes down. Lou has an alternate version of his handling which I used. To do it exactly as Lou does it requires some minor alteration to my jacket, but I'm getting that done tomorrow. I also had to make a few things before I was able to start working on the routine, but that didn't take too long, maybe a couple of hours total.

This is also not something that I would do strolling, but that's just me. I think I'm going to save this for my formal close up shows. It really is a show piece that deserves more attention than can be given while strolling. Again, that's just my opinion.

All in all, I love this routine! To see Lou perform it with such ease and confidence is a lesson in itself. Lou is definitely a professional and it shows. The misdirection, the technique, and the boldness of some of the moves is just inspiring. I can't wait to perform this in my shows, but I will have to give it some serious practice to do it justice.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » May 11th, 2009, 9:05 am

How, specifically, would you compare this offering with the three ball routine in The Vernon Book of Magic by Lewis Ganson?
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Sonny Shepard

Postby Sonny Shepard » May 11th, 2009, 10:24 pm

I've never read the Vernon book, so I can't comment.

Lou Serrano

Postby Lou Serrano » May 12th, 2009, 4:07 pm

Hi Jonathan,

The two routines are completely different. Different effect, different techniques, and different premise. It would be like comparing two completely different card tricks because they both use cards.

Sonny,

Thanks for the positive review, it is much appreciated.

Respectfully,

Lou Serrano

Lou Serrano

Postby Lou Serrano » June 9th, 2009, 10:25 pm

I finally put up a promo video for the Steel Ball Routine on my website. There are a few issues with the quality of the video that occurred when we encoded it, but they should be fixed within the week. Otherwise, you can still get a feel for the routine. It is not a performance video, it's just a taste of what you will receive in the full Steel Ball Routine DVD.

Enjoy.

Lou Serrano

Lou Serrano

Postby Lou Serrano » June 30th, 2009, 6:59 am

So here's the special deal.

I recently shot and edited a Companion DVD to The Steel Ball Routine. This DVD includes additional information to make the routine easier, more deceptive, and in some cases, more practical. I have also included several different methods to vanish the balls which may be more to the liking of certain performers.

There is also a more in depth discussion of certain moves where I go into why I do certain things. There is over 30 minutes of additional information on this DVD.

It is currently being replicated and may not be available for shipment until July 17, 2009. There is a possibility that I will get them sooner. In any case, once they become available they will be immediately shipped free of charge to all current customers of The Steel Ball Routine .

I will also extend this offer to anyone that orders the routine before July 21, 2009. After July 21st it will be sold on my website as an add on to the routine for an additional $20. So if you've been on the fence about purchasing this product, now would be the time. My One Year, Risk Free, 100% Better Than Your Money Back Guarantee still applies to this offer.

On July 21st the website will updated and the Companion DVD will only be sold as an add on. Purchase now and save. Click Here to find out more.

To your success!

Lou Serrano

Lou Serrano

Postby Lou Serrano » July 13th, 2009, 9:30 pm

So far 28 people have taken advantage of the special deal offered above. There is only one week left before the website is updated and then the Companion DVD will only be available as an add on. I don't want anybody to lose out, so order today and save. Click here to go directly to the website.

You can also read a review of my product by Kent Gunn in the Light From The Lamp Online section of the Forum.

Lou Serrano

Sammy J.

Postby Sammy J. » July 16th, 2009, 7:27 pm

Hey Lou, I just submitted my order. I can't wait to work on this! You are quite the salesman!
Sammy

Lou Serrano

Postby Lou Serrano » July 17th, 2009, 2:24 am

Sammy, thanks for the order. Your package shipped out same day. I'm still waiting on the Companion DVD to arrive. There seems to have been a delay from the replicator. As soon as I get them I will immediately send you one free of charge.

So far 40 people have taken advantage of the special deal detailed above. On July 21st the website will be updated and the Companion DVD will be available only as an add on for an extra $20. Don't be shut out. Purchase before July 21st and save.

To your success!

Lou Serrano

Lou Serrano

Postby Lou Serrano » July 20th, 2009, 8:26 pm

Just a reminder, this is the last day to take advantage of the special deal I offered on June 30th. So far I've had 62 people take advantage of the special offer. The website gets updated July 21, 2009.

Respectfully,

Lou Serrano

Return to “Close-Up Magic”