3cm on ebay! YAY!!

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
lukas johnson

3cm on ebay! YAY!!

Postby lukas johnson » May 2nd, 2009, 10:27 pm

iam an amateur at coin magic so i won't buy it, but there is a 3cm for sale on ebay! I have bought my johnson gimmicks from this seller and i couldn't be happier, but i thought you guys might like a crack at it.

best always,
LJ

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0407637504

Mike P

Re: 3cm on ebay! YAY!!

Postby Mike P » May 3rd, 2009, 12:10 pm

LJ ...3cm is not for advanced magician's only.
It is a cool gimmick that is very versitile. There is a new book on the Triple Threat which is about 237 pages coming out soon and the gimmick called 3CM is the Schoolcraft version of the Triple threat gimmick.
If it is a good price grab it man....you won't be sorry.
Mike

Kevin Connolly

Postby Kevin Connolly » May 3rd, 2009, 12:18 pm

Am I missing something here? Two threads about the same seller with newbies starting both? Not to mention Ebay has shutdown 2 of the auctions.
Please visit my website.
http://houdinihimself.com/
I buy,sell + trade Houdini, Hardeen items.

Mike P

Postby Mike P » May 3rd, 2009, 12:22 pm

Perhaps they are trying to drive the price up.
I didn't even see the other one about this.
Why were the auctions shut down? The link was still active when I clicked on it.
Mike

Kevin Connolly

Postby Kevin Connolly » May 3rd, 2009, 12:58 pm

Please visit my website.

http://houdinihimself.com/

I buy,sell + trade Houdini, Hardeen items.

lukas johnson

Postby lukas johnson » May 3rd, 2009, 1:22 pm

i have bought a lot from the seller and i know him. the reason 2 of the auctions were shut down were to the reason of putting "like New" in the title. That is against ebay policy. He has relisted the items and they look good. I only posted the two topics for 2 reasons:
1. to help david sell stuff for college
2. to let you guys know that there is schoolcraft items on ebay at a price not jacked up.

i don't do much coin magic and don't know a lot about it, but i know he is selling them at good prices.

He will be listing all his dean's set items soon also. David is going to college with no scholarships, so he is forced to sell his magic for money. Look at his ebay track record...100%! I understand kevin where you are coming from, but david is a honest guy and it hurts me to see distrust in him.

Mike,Believe me, if i had the money, i'd buy everything he has to offer.

Rennie

Postby Rennie » May 4th, 2009, 8:28 pm

lukas johnson wrote: the reason 2 of the auctions were shut down were to the reason of putting "like New" in the title. That is against ebay policy.

Lukas,
I have been selling on Ebay for about 5 years now, and I use the term "Like New" many times and have never had my listings shut down. Had to be another reason.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve is not !!

James Kernen

Postby James Kernen » May 4th, 2009, 8:59 pm

It has happened to me a number of times... Sometime last year, they started getting stricter about that... After I had it happen a few times, I called them, and they told me that only enforce it if it comes to their attention....like someone reporting the listing......

Rennie

Postby Rennie » May 5th, 2009, 12:35 pm

James Kernen wrote:It has happened to me a number of times... Sometime last year, they started getting stricter about that... After I had it happen a few times, I called them, and they told me that only enforce it if it comes to their attention....like someone reporting the listing......

I have never heard of this. I will contact Ebay and find out what the policy is. If need be I can go to the company, Ebay is about a mile away from where I live.
Rennie

Rennie

Postby Rennie » May 5th, 2009, 12:58 pm

Ok, I contacted Ebay and was informed that, If you use the words "Like New" in the title of the item you are selling, they will remove it because, if an individual is looking for a "new" whatever, that item will come up in the search. However you can use the words "Like New" in the description of the item, without having it removed.
1 - Cannot be used in title.
2 - May be used in article description.
Perfectly clear explanation. As I mentioned, I use the terminology "In Like New Condition" many times and as stated that is fine in the description portion.
Rennie

gberard

Postby gberard » May 5th, 2009, 2:09 pm

Mike,

Where can I find some information on the Triple Threat Book?

Thanks,
Gary

Mike P

Postby Mike P » May 5th, 2009, 4:00 pm

I would contact both Troy Hooser and Mark Tams.
I found out they were working on it last year and was asked to contribute but was unable to get my routines to a point where I felt they could be workers...I had to work some bugs out of them.
I don't even know how the book will be distributed at this time and have e-mailed Mark about it. The first Triple Threat book is available from Todd Lassen on his site. Todd is the only one authorized to sell the Triple Threat book at this time. Troy said he can't even get them for his lectures so he directs people to Todd to buy the book.
There are also several different versions of the Triple Threat gimmick being made that should push the edge as far as routines for the it.
There are Silver Dollar, Walking Liberty and Copper versions from Todd.
I have only seen a 3CM in Morgans from Schoolcraft and do not know if he offers it in other varieties.
The possibilites of using two different coins for various routines are quite fun to study and interesting to create.

Mike

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”