Ken Brooke~Houdini Statue~Houdin~Fred Kaps~Mickey Mouse Magician~Signed Mulholland, etc.

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
GranHoudini

Ken Brooke~Houdini Statue~Houdin~Fred Kaps~Mickey Mouse Magician~Signed Mulholland, etc.

Postby GranHoudini » April 5th, 2009, 12:54 pm

My WebSite was updated Friday morning (April 3, 2009).

If you're in my data base, then you received the email about the update.

If you're NOT in my data base and would like to receive future monthly emails - please click here:

Houdini374@aol.com to request this emailing.

Some of the items have sold, as the buyers in my data base have the opportunity to make purchases first.

With that said, please click on the link below to go to my WebSite:

www.GranHoudini.net

Please email if you've any questions, on any of the items
-or-
would like to be included in my data base, in order to receive my monthly emailed MagicCollector CyberList's.

Thanks,

SPARKY

STEPHEN A. SPARKS
Stephen A. Sparks Collectibles
Specializing in Houdiniana
P. O. Box 1345
Spring, Texas 77383-1345 USA

281-353-1014 (Phone)
281-827-4001 (Cell)

Email: Houdini374@aol.com

=====

Houdini Flight article from Australian magazine

A Lifetime of Joy by Ken Brooke

Limited Edition of HOUDINI Statue

Mickey Mouse Magician Flip Book

A Magician Among The Spirits by Houdini

Houdini and Conan Doyle, The Story of A Strange Friendship

QUICKER THAN THE EYE signed by John Mulholland

THE MODERN CONJURER And Drawing-Room Entertainer by C. Lang Neil
(with Original DustJacket)

=====
While I'm here, here's the list of items:
=====
2757-7547) HOUDINI Lobby Card from Mexico.

From the 1953 movie "HOUDINI" starring Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh.

This Lobby Card is a little larger than our American release size of 11"x14" - it measures 12 1/2"x16 1/2".

There's a bend in the lower middle area and a crease in the upper right corner area (as shown by the two photos below)

Card shows colorful images from the movie, all around the card. Just off center, is the photo image of HOUDINI being lowered into the Water Torture Cell.

In Near Mint/Mint condition we sell this Lobby Card for $75.00, but due to the couple problems, we will price this one for less. - $35.00

2758-4479) This is a fabulous book: The LOCK and KEY Library.

Containing the memoirs of M. Robert Houdin who was Houdini's idol and from whom Houdini took his name.

The book is a collection of interesting mystery stories, stories about spiritualism and fake mediums, etc.

HardBound and published, a 100 Years Ago in 1909, by the Review of Reviews Co., in New York.

This book taking those Reviews and publishing them, here, in book form.

In the section titled: "TRUE STORIEs OF MODERN MAGIC", this book contains:

David Abbott with a thorough early expose of spiritualism and fraudulent mediums. "Fraudulent Spiritualism Unveiled". Chapters include: "A Doctor of the Occult" - "How The Tricks Succeeded" - "The Name of the Dead" - "Mind Reading in Public" - "Some Famous Exposures". 40pages.

Hereward Carrington adds to this Volume with more Tricks of Spiritualism and Psychological Deception: "Matter through Matter" - "Deception Explained by the Science of Psychology". 11pages.

Theres also an Anonymously written article: "How Spirits Materialize," containing early tricks of fake sances. 15pages.

AND the prize piece by M. Robert-Houdin: "A Conjurer's Confessions", containing: "Self-Training" - "Second Sight" - "The Magician Who Became An Ambassador" - "Facing the Arab's Pistol." This is a memoir by one of the greatest stage magicians of all time, and is wonderfully detailed with fascinating recollections, and memories, as well as explanations of some methods and principles of stage magic and sleight-of-hand. 36pages.

This is a fascinating book and contains excellent and original content. - $50.00

2759-6454) HOUDINI, His Life Story by Harold Kellock

HardBound with 384 pages.

Sixth Edition, February 1931 and published by Blue Ribbon books of, New York.

Previous owner's name written (no idea when) on free end page. This has been marked though with a black marker, even though you can still read the same.

THIS IS THE BOOK WHICH STARTED IT ALL.

In reviewing this book The New York Herald wrote, "An entrancing history of a most unusual personality, well worth reading".

The New York Evening Post wrote, "As interesting and breath-taking as one of Houdini's own performances".

The Boston Globe wrote, "As exciting and as packed full of vivid incidents as was an act performed by that masterful showman".

As a BONUS, I will include a reproduction DustJacket (from my personal collection).

As a 2nd BONUS, I will include an Original envelope addressed to Houdini and canceled by the Post Office on May 21, 1926.

The envelope is addressed to: Houdini - 278 West 113th Street - New York, N.Y.

The envelope (which measures 3 5/8"x6 1/2") is from Anna Clark Benninghoffer, a reformed Medium who helped Houdini expose many fraudulent Mediums.

There's no return name/address on the envelope, but we know this envelope was from Mrs. Benninghoffer since we've carried a similar envelope before.

Below the DustJacket photo, shown below, is the previous envelope and you can see the handwriting is the same, also from Anderson, Indiana. On the backside, of this envelope, Mrs. Benninghoffer had included her name and address. This envelope and the photo next to it are not part of this offering. The envelope shown beneath the book and above the DustJacket is included in this offering.

Unfortunately, there is no letter to go with this envelope, but we CAN ASSUME Houdini handled and possibly opened the envelope Himself. - $85.00(for everything)

>>>Remember, all these descriptions are on my WebSite -and- include 100s of color photographs, as well. Click this link: www.GranHoudini.net <<<

2760-5679) DE STAD Magazine - December 1, 1933

From Antwerpen, Belgium, this is a Large-Size magazine in that it measures approx. 10 1/2"x14 1/4"

Inside, a couple interesting articles - one about Magicians and the other on Mickey Mouse.

The magician's two-page article is entitled: BEROEMDE GOOCHELTOEREN

Sorry, I don't speak the language - as you can see, the magazine isn't in English.

Nine photos accompany the article.

Those in the photos include:

Three of Goldin - Bellachini - Conradi Horster - Harry Houdini - Okito - Max Auzinger

The Mickey Mouse piece spreads out over two pages, at the magazines center.

Many Mickey mouse cartoon scenes and one of Walt Disney, as well.

For you Mickey Mouse collector's, I would image this would be considered early material, since Mickey had only been created, by Disney, five years earlier in 1928. - $50.00

2761-8521) GOOD WEEKEND, The Age Magazine - March 18, 2000

From Australia, this is a Large-Size magazine in that it measures approx. 10 3/4"x13 3/4"

Inside, there's a 3-page article about Houdini:

THE FLYING SHOWMAN by Alan Attwood

The lead-in states:

Harry Houdini, peerless escapologist and tireless self-promoter, hankered after a place in aviation history. Aiming to make the first controlled powered flight in Australia, he went up 90 years ago today. But was he pipped at post.

Nice detailed article about Houdini's flight at Diggers Rest. - $50.00

2762-5679) THE HOUDINI MESSAGEs by Francis R. Fast.

The Facts Concerning the Messages Received Through the Mediumship of Arthur Ford.

The detailed account of the Second Message is taken from stenographic records made at the sittings by Mr. John W. Stafford, Associate Editor Scientific American, and Mr. Fast.

Some soiling on the front and back covers, but doesn't go through to the pages inside.

Paperbound and measures 4 3/4"x7".

Copyright 1929, Fourth Printing. 24pages. - $75.00

2763-7892) A LIFETIME OF JOY by Ken Brooke

"A collection of tricks, gags and funny bits of business that I have used professionally for over 40 years."

Copyright 1982 and published and edited by Jeff Busby Magic, Inc. in Oakland, California.

The content page has been reproduced, below, for ease in reading.

CombBound with 16pages. Book measures approx. 8 1/2"x11".

GREAT GREAT Magic by one of England's Best!! - $35.00

2764-6985) AMERICAN MUSEUM OF MAGIC, It's True Story by Daniel Waldron.

"Being an eye-witness account of its fantastical conception, wonders and glories as created by its founders Robert and Elaine Lund".

Unfortunately, both Bob and Elaine have passed away.

PaperBound with 47pages and over a dozen photographs and illustrations.

Copyright 1990 by the author. The lower left corner has a little rub, as can be seen in the second photo below.

Great reading about this "one of a kind" Museum. - $35.00

2765-4632) Houdini Statue - Straight Jacket Release

VERY EARLY Limited Edition: #12 of 500

This Strait-Jacket Release statue was beautifully sculpted by Mo Flint for The Houdini Collection.

Each piece, of this numbered and limited edition of 500, has been painstakingly hand painted in exacting detail.

Whether you are a magician, a collector or know someone who is, you will appreciate the authentic styling of this classic sculpture.

Released by Blue Radish sculpture studios, who specialize in toy and collectibles industries. They've been in business since 1994.

The statue is pretty heavy, in that it weighs almost Three Pounds -and- it comes with its original packing box.

On the underside of the base/stand is felt covering, showing the numbering, etc.- $100.00

2766-4687) FRED KAPS 1926-1980

Compiled by Freddie Jelsma
Translated by Bab J. Nienhuis
Edited by Stephen Minch

Published in 1988 by Hades Productions on Calgary, Canada.

PaperBound with 52pages.

Contents include:

Foreword by Henk Vermeyden - Fred Kaps Had Everything A World Champion Should Have - It All Began With A Few Pocket Tricks - World Champion For The First Time - World Champion For The Second Time - World Champion, The Third Time - Kaps In Private, Was He A Perfectionist? - Whom Did He Admire? - What Was His Most Cherished Experience? - Did Bram Strive For Popularity? - How Did It Happen That Bram Appeared Before The British Royal Family? - Bram Was Always Very Trim Looking. Was He A Vain Man? - How Did The Name Fred Kaps Come About? - Why Did He Never Work With Doves? - What Was Bram's Opinion Of Magic Conventions? - From The Lecture Notes of Fred Kaps - Wim Kan To Fred Kaps - A Lamentation on Fred Kaps by Loek Brons - The Parents of Fred Kaps

Tricks By Fred Kaps:

Ring Varia - Silk Transposition - The Three Jokers - A Four Ace Trick by Mystica - The Invisible Card In Cigarette (Grand Prix 1955 1st Place Card Magic) - Kaps Coin Switch

Tons of great photos of Fred Kaps. Book measures approx. 6"x9" - $30.00

2767-6533) MICKEY MOUSE MAGICIAN FLIP BOOK

Walt Disney's Moving Picture Flip Book.

No copyright date given.

Produced by Merrimack Publishing Co., of New York.

For those of you who remember the 1937 cartoon, Magician Mickey is on stage performing, while being heckled by Donald Duck, who's sitting in a box seat near the stage.

Flip the book in one direction and get one cartoon - flip in the opposite direction and get a different cartoon.

One showing Mickey throwing a black scarf into the air, with the scarf turning into a black crow.
The second scene, Mickey bare handedly produces a cage full of birds - from nowhere.

Measures approx. 3"wide x 1 13/4"tall x 1/2"thick. - $35.00

2768-1346) 8x10 PHOTOGRAPH OF BESS HOUDINI w/CECIL B. DeMILLE and his daughter KATHERINE.

On the back of the photo is an attached piece of paper, which states:

OLD FRIENDS---Mrs. Harry Houdini calls at Paramount studios to invite her old friend, C.B. DeMille, and his daughter, Katherine, to the annual convention of the Pacific Coast Society of Magicians, which opens on July 25th at the Hollywood Knickerbocker hotel.

Fine example of Bess doing the "Hollywood" thing back in the 1930s and 1940s. - $200.00

2769-2299) TYPED/SIGNED LETTER BY HARDEEN

This letter is on Hardeen's personal stationery and addressed to Louis Levassor.

Mr. Louis E. Levassor,
Levassor Place.
Covington, Ky.

My dear Mr. Levassor:-

I wish to thank you for the very
enjoyable evening and to assure you I enjoyed every
moment of the time I spent at your home. Am looking to pay
you a return date just as soon as possible.

Also extend my thinks to the young
lady who waited on the table so capably.

Kindest personal regards,

Yours very sincerely,

Hardeen

Week of Oct. 17th - Keiths Theatre, Indianapolis, Ind.
" " " 24th - " " Louisville, Ky
" " " 31st - " " Dayton, Ohio

Dated October 14, 1927. - $500.00

2770-4468) A MAGICIAN AMONG THE SPIRITS by Harry Houdini.

FIRST EDITION. Copyright 1924.

Published by Harper Brothers. New York and London. 294 pages.

Contents include:

The Founders of Modern Spiritualism - The Davenport Brothers - Daniel Dunglas Home - Palladino - Ann O'Delia Diss Debar - Dr. Slade and His Spirits Slates - Slate Writing and Other Methods - Spirit Photography - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - Why Ectoplasm - By-products of Spiritualism - Investigations, Wise and Otherwise - How Mediums Obtain Information - What You Must Believe To Be A Spiritualist - Conclusion

As a BONUS, I've added a Great Reproduction of the ORIGINAL DUSTJACKET, which would have come with this book, back in 1924.

There's a little spotting on the outer covers, as can be seen from the photo's below. The inside pages are just fine. Very striking gold embossed titles on the front cover and spine.

Possibly the first owners name handwritten on the free end page. This is dated 1924.

There's also a BookPlate on the inside cover from a different previous owner. - $300.00

2771-9643) Houdini and Conan Doyle, The Story of A Strange Friendship

By M.L. Bernard Ernst and Heweward Carrington

Copyright 1933. Published in London, England by Hutchinson and Company, Ltd.

HardBound FIRST BRITISH EDITION with 255pages.

Chapters include:

The Houdini-Doyle Correspondence - Houdini: Life and Character - Doyles Explanation of Fraud Among Mediums - Houdinis Performance at the London Hippodrome - Sir William Cookes Investigations of Spiritualistic Phenomena - Brief History of Spiritualism - The "Crewe Circle" - The Houdinis and the Doyle's at Atlantic City - The Scientific American Prize - Correspondence Between Doyle and Mrs. Houdini After Houdinis Death - Correspondence Between Doyle and B. M. L. Ernst (Houdinis lawyer and co-author of this book)

Fascinating material between these two Giants of their time.

Spine of cloth cover has a waffling appearance, which continues onto a small area of the back cover. Covers are nice and tight, not loose - as are all the pages inside. - $250.00

2772-4688) Houdini and Conan Doyle, The Story of A Strange Friendship

By M.L. Bernard Ernst and Heweward Carrington

Copyright 1932. Published in New York by Albert and Charles Boni, Inc.

HardBound FIRST AMERICAN EDITION with 249pages.

Comes with Original DustJacket, which is housed in a protective acetate holder. This will account for the lightened appearance of the DJ.

Red dot showing on the cover is from my digital camera.

Chapters include:

The Houdini-Doyle Correspondence - Houdini: Life and Character - Doyles Explanation of Fraud Among Mediums - Houdinis Performance at the London Hippodrome - Sir William Cookes Investigations of Spiritualistic Phenomena - Brief History of Spiritualism - The "Crewe Circle" - The Houdinis and the Doyle's at Atlantic City - The Scientific American Prize - Correspondence Between Doyle and Mrs. Houdini After Houdinis Death - Correspondence Between Doyle and B. M. L. Ernst (Houdinis lawyer and co-author of this book)

Fascinating material between these two Giants of their time.

Outside of the DustJacket being price clipped and a small piece missing from the top of the spine, the rest of the RARE DustJacket is there!!

Spine of cloth cover has a little fading, due to the portion of the DJ missing from that area.

A previous owners name, Fred E. Stevens (?) and the date of 1934, are handwritten on the free end page. - $350.00

>>>>>LayAway is available. If this is for you - just email for details.<<<<<

2773-5498) HIPPODROME PROGRAM FOR THE 1917-18 SEASON

The program shows all the acts performing in "Charles Dillingham presents "CHEER UP" A Musical Revue in 3 Cheers".

Houdini appears twice on the bill.

Houdini's two appearances in the programs are:

(First appearance) EXCLUSIVE ENGAGEMENT OF THE WORLD-FAMOUS HOUDINI. Who Offers His Latest Creation, "The Vanishing Elephant". The Most Colossal Disappearing Mystery that History Records. Dissolving into thin air, on the largest stage in the world, an elephant weighing 10,000 pounds. Before ones very eyes, in a full blaze of light, with bewildering rapidity, this pachyderm monster suddenly eludes the vision.

(Second appearance) EXCLUSIVE ENGAGEMENT OF THE WORLD-FAMOUS HOUDINI. Introducing at every performance his original, uncanny and perilous feat of extrication. The Submersible Iron-Bound Box Mystery. Manacled and roped, Houdini will be nailed into an iron-bound box burdened with 300 pounds of weights, and the box lowered into a tank containing 500,000 gallons of water. The box, being perforated, will fill with water within twenty seconds. To escape drowning, Houdini must therefore release himself while submerged. A committee of investigation is invited on stage at every performance.

Earlier in the program, Houdini has a Full Page Advertisement, which shows a packing case, roped and being lowered over the side of a ship, with an oval insert photo of Houdini.

The adv. reads:

"The Worlds Most Famous Dare-Devil HOUDINI In The Submersible Iron-Bound Box Mystery. Note - it is generally conceded that it is a physical impossibility for any Human being to escape from a submerged submarine. Houdini submits this marvelous experiment as suggesting a possible solution." At the lower left corner of this adv. is: " HOUDINI 1917."

This was Houdini's Longest Run at any one theatre. 19 weeks, from Jan. 7th to May 18th, 1918.

As can be seen from the photo's below, this program is really in great condition. The covers are attached, even though they have torn away from the program about half way up from the bottom. But, this still leaves the attached upper half keeping the program covers together. - $275.00

2774-2942) TRUE magazine. Volume 34, #211, December 1954.

Inside theres an informative biographical article on Houdini, spread out over 15 pages by William Lindsay Gresham entitled, How Houdini Did It.

As the magazine calls the article, A True Book-Length Feature.

Several photos and drawings. Cover advertises the Feature.

Great advance article before Gresham's book on Houdini was published five years later in 1959. - $25.00

2775-9547) Two Editions of: QUICKER THAN THE EYE by John Mulholland

The Magic and Magicians of the World.

Both books measure approx. 6"x8 3/8". The content page was so detailed, I have reproduced it below for ease in reading.

(a) Copyright 1932 and published by The Junior Literary Guild of New York.

State First Edition

HardBound with Very Scarce DustJacket and 259pages.

As John Mulholland Puts It:

This is a book about entertainers. No mention has been made of Cagliostro or any of the other great pretenders to supernormal power. I have discussed fortunetellers only because they have been defrauding the public. Rather than to take the covers off their magic boxes, I have tried to take you back-stage to know the makers of minor miracles. They are a fine people, and I hope you like them.

"Bradford Hagie - Christmas 1932" handwritten on the free end page. - $175.00

===================

(b) Copyright 1932 and published by The Bobbs-Merril Company of Indianapolis, Indiana.

State First Edition

HardBound with 259pages.

The BONUS of this offering is the book is INSCRIBED and AUTOGRAPHED, on the free end page, by the author:

For Gordon Welles
who has said he liked
this book - which
may or may not be a
result of Princeton
Cordially
John Mulholland.

At least I think the first name is Gordon - what do you think? - $250.00

2776-5489) SAMUEL PATRICK SMITH - $45.00/(each) -or- $75.00/(for both)

(a) BOOKING YOURSELF How To Do It Successfully

Discover the most effective methods for marketing your personal services - without an agent. Step-by-step, a full time professional entertainer explains his system for scheduling engagements. Let this unique cassette tape album teach you the exciting business of booking yourself.

Copyright 1984 by the author.

The Three Cassette Tapes Include:

Tape One (Side One): Why People Will Book You.
Tape One (Side Two): Booking Yourself By Phone

Tape Two (Side One): Booking Yourself By Mail.
Tape Two (Side Two): Making It Pay

Tape Three (Side One): Inspiring Yourself To Succeed
Tape Three (Side Two): The Full-Time Freelancer

(b) MAKE IT HAPPEN, New Ideas On Booking Yourself

Discover the most effective methods for marketing your personal services - without an agent. Step-by-step, a full time professional entertainer explains his system for scheduling engagements. Let this unique cassette tape album teach you the exciting business of booking yourself.

This second set of audio tapes pick up where the author's first set (Booking Yourself) leaves off and gives you even MORE information on getting yourself booked.

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH Information on getting yourself bookings!!

Copyright 1989 by the author.

The Three Cassette Tapes Include:

Tape One (Side One): Let's Get Organized
Tape One (Side Two): Dialing For Dollars

Tape Two (Side One): The Magic of Doing More
Tape Two (Side Two): Freelancing Forever

Tape Three (Side One): The Money Game
Tape Three (Side Two): On The Road Again

2777-9344) LETTERs ON NATURAL MAGIC. Addressed to Sir Walter Scott. By Sir David Brewster. Published by J.&J. Harper. New York. Title page shows "Harpers Stereotype Edition" and the date of 1832. On the front of the book it shows "Harpers Family Library. No. L." and the date of 1833. HardBound (rebound?). 314pages. - $75.00

2778-1314) Two copies of: THE GREAT MYSTERIES. Written and Published by The Handcuff King, "Oudini". That's what I said, Oudini. Houdini had many out there who were impersonating his Handcuff Act and this guy even, Almost Stole Houdini's name to go along with it. Paperbound and measures 5"x6 3/4". 80pages.

(a) 1st Edition. 1909

Oudini exposes how to get out of Handcuffs, Iron Box, Iron Broiler, Coffin, Rope Chair, Mail Bag, Band Box, Tramp Chair, Glass Case, Paper Bag, Packing Case -and- Straight Jacket. - Gee, no wonder Houdini didnt like him!!

Outside of the oxidized stapes, this book is Virtually in Mint Condition. It looks like it was put away in 1909 and just surfaced, 100 Years Later!!

You won't Believe the Great Condition. They generally dont come this nice.

And in case you didn't know, this is probably the Most Sought After of the Houdini Imitator writings. - $75.00

(b) 1st Edition. 1909 - With SAM disclaimer sticker.

Sticker reads:

-NOTE-

I came into possession of these handbooks by purchase, in order to keep them from general circulation and out of the hands of those having no genuine interest in Magic. All Magicians will, of course, understand that "OUDINI", the author, is not Harry Houdini, the President of the S.A.M., and chief exponent of the Handcuff Act. The author understood his subject however, although it is to be regretted that he adopted the same he uses.

Robert W. Doidge, (S.A.M.) 16 Elm St., Somervisse, Mass

Outer cover shows some wear, but the pages inside are just fine. - $85.00

2779-6869) THE MODERN CONJURER And Drawing-Room Entertainer by C. Lang Neil

Explaining and Illustrating Tricks By:

J.N. Maskelyne - Trewey - Charles Bertram - T. Nelson Downs - Mdlle. Patrice - Paul Valadon - H. He Manche - L. Graham Lewis - Frank Kennard - Ellis Stanyon and others....

Original copyright 1902, this offering is for the third edition from 1922.

Published by C. Arthur Pearson Ltd. of London, England.

HardBound with DustJacket and 390pages. Book measures approx. 5 3/4x8 3/4".

The content pages were so detailed, I have reproduced them below for ease in reading.

Tough to find with DustJacket. - $200.00
STEPHEN A. SPARKS
Stephen A. Sparks Collectibles
Specializing in Houdiniana
P. O. Box 1345
Spring, Texas 77383-1345 USA

281-353-1014 (Phone)
281-827-4001 (Cell)

Email: Houdini374@aol.com

Quality Collector's Magic by
The Stephen A. Sparks Collection
www.GranHoudini.net

GranHoudini

Re: Ken Brooke~Houdini Statue~Houdin~Fred Kaps~Mickey Mouse Magician~Signed Mulholland, etc.

Postby GranHoudini » April 7th, 2009, 11:19 am

The following have sold:

===From The "BOOKs Part One" WedPage===

2645-7832) LOTs OF LAWTON by Don Lawton @ $35.00

2646-1399) COMMERCIAL CLOSEUP MAGIC by Lou Lancaster @ $35.00

Be sure to check out my WebSite!!

Thanks,

SPARKY

www.GranHoudini.net

GranHoudini

Re: Ken Brooke~Houdini Statue~Houdin~Fred Kaps~Mickey Mouse Magician~Signed Mulholland, etc.

Postby GranHoudini » April 16th, 2009, 9:49 am

The following have sold:

===From The "BOOKs, Part One" WedPage===

2618-9633) AS ONE STAGE DOOR CLOSEs - The Story of JOHN WADE: Jobbing Conjuror by Eric Midwinter

2634-1570) WeeBook: TIPs ON THUMBs by Stuart Robson

===From The "BOOKs, Part Two" WedPage===

2715-3948) SHERLOCK HOLMES and THE HOUDINI BIRTHRIGHT by Val Andrews
(Had two, only one left now)

2690-4286) HOUDINI, THE CAREER OF EHRICH WEISS. By Kenneth Silverman.

===From The "Houdini, Part One" WedPage===

2253-9769) THE MASTER MYSTERY by Arthur B. Reeve and John W. Grey.

2192-6422) BESS HOUDINI HANDWRITTEN/SIGNED LETTER - June 9, 1928
(Originally in LayAway, now paid for and sold)

2121-7566) Great Bess Houdini package. All three of these pieces came from Jay Abbotts scrapbook.
(Originally in LayAway, now paid for and sold)

Thanks,

SPARKY

www.GranHoudini.net

GranHoudini

Postby GranHoudini » April 18th, 2009, 10:01 am

The following have sold:

===From The "BOOKs, Part Three" WedPage===

2446-9876) DUNNINGER, What's On Your Mind? by Dunninger.

2470-5258) CHUNG LING SOO, THE MAN OF MYSTERY by Gary R. Frank.
(Signed by Hector Robinson, who's the Son of Chung Ling Soo)
(Have another)

2538-9753) A MAGICIAN AMONG THE SPIRITs by Harry Houdini.
(Time-Life edition)

===From The "EVERYTHING ELSE" WedPage===

2702-9746) HOUDINI COMMEMORATIVE BRONZE and SILVER TOKENs (Both)

2723-5656) The HOUDINI Memorial Elongated Penny
(Magic Cauldron Supplement, w/paperwork)

2418-4119) THREE DIFFERENT LANCE BURTON $10.00 CASINO TOKENs from the Monte Carlo Hotel/Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
(Had two set, only one set left)

2206-8432) (Two) HOUDINI COMMEMORATIVE STAMPs FROM Combined 1951 IBM/SAM convention.
(Have another)

2377-4785) WILLIAM KUETHE, Jr. 1978 Magic Token

Thanks,

SPARKY

www.GranHoudini.net

GranHoudini

Postby GranHoudini » April 23rd, 2009, 7:24 pm

The following have sold:

===From The "HOUDINI, Part One" WedPage===

2762-5679) THE HOUDINI MESSAGEs by Francis R. Fast @ $75.00

2573-9708) THE DEARBORN INDEPENDENT for October 31, 1925. Volume 26, #2. @ $45.00
(Spread out over three pages, "HOUDINI, The Book Man".)

===From The "MAGAZINEs, Part One" WedPage===

2717-5412) FATE Magazine for June 1959. Volume 12, #6. 128 pages.
Inside there's an article by Arthur Ford entitled: "How I Broke The Houdini Code" @ $20.00
(Had two, one only one left)

===From The "MAGAZINEs, Part Two" WedPage===

2672-3882) SCIENCE and INVENTION Magazine for April 1929 @ $45.00

Thanks,

SPARKY

www.GranHoudini.net

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”