Kevin Fox R.I.P.

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Kevin Fox R.I.P.

Postby Q. Kumber » January 26th, 2009, 6:20 am

I am sorry to report that Kevin Fox died suddenly this morning.

Well known at 4Fs and close-up conventions in the UK, Kevin had a wide circle of friends.

We only spoke last night and were to get-together later this week.

Andi

Re: Kevin Fox R.I.P.

Postby Andi » January 26th, 2009, 6:51 am

This is very sad and unexpected news. Kevin was one of my favourite UK magicians to hang around with - his stories of Peter Kane and other Manchester magicians from that era were always a treat.

Kevin was at The Session last weekend with his long-time friend Brian Glover and seemed in good shape, making this even more of a shock.

The British magic scene has lost one of its best.

Joneseymagic

Postby Joneseymagic » January 26th, 2009, 9:31 am

Brian Glover passed on the sad news this morning. What a terrible shame!

Kevin was a GREAT bloke who loved magic. Unlike many jaded magicians, if he saw someting good, he was the first to enthuse about it - "you should see him Dave... it'll knock your eyes out!" was one of his phrases.

It's no exaggeration to say that everyone, no matter what age, who met Kevin immediately loved him. A generous, funny, family man, and a great magician to boot!

RIP Kev - we'll all miss you!

Dave

Paul Gordon

Postby Paul Gordon » January 26th, 2009, 12:33 pm

I was only chatting with Kevin three days ago; we had a long phone call...

Very sad...I'm so upset.

RIP Kevin,

Paul Gordon
Secure Online Magic Shop: https://www.paulgordon.net/shop

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » January 26th, 2009, 12:34 pm

So sad to hear that Kevin is gone... a really nice guy and a wonderful magician... condolences to his friends and family...
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 26th, 2009, 1:01 pm

Very sad to hear about Kevin. A lovely man.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

thecardman

Postby thecardman » January 26th, 2009, 1:02 pm

Really sad to hear about Kevin's passing. I enjoyed the conversations we had at Conventions.

Here's a silly wee story for you. I'll always remember watching one of the sessions of the Close Up Competition at the last FISM World Championships in Stockholm. In this session was Helder Guimaraes who we had seen, and been fooled by, previously at the International Magic Convention. What had really caught us was his "Signed Card" routine with the folded card. Kevin and I thought that we'd have a chance to "catch" the moment. How wrong we were. After his act, we looked at each other and, at the same time, both said "bugger, missed it!"

My condolences to his family and friends.

Best wishes

Peter
:(

Roger Woods
Favorite Magician: Too many

Postby Roger Woods » January 26th, 2009, 1:40 pm

This is very sad news. Kevin was a member of the Cavendish Knights of Close Up Magic since 2001 and together with Brian Glover really raised our game in card and coin magic. Always ready with a great story or joke we will miss him dearly. He loved magic and could always be relied on for close up shows of which we have done many together. He enjoyed conventions and jamming it with the best. Our condolences to all his family and friends (particularly Brian - they were like brothers)
Roger
Dr Roger Woods AIMC*
www.rogerwoodsmagic.co.uk

Paul Gordon

Postby Paul Gordon » January 26th, 2009, 1:41 pm

Kevin, along with many others, used to love to see me doing my "how women pee" gag/trick; until I did it on him. We laughed a lot about that one. Happy memories...

Paul Gordon
(If you dare, ask me to show it to you at B/pool)
Secure Online Magic Shop: https://www.paulgordon.net/shop

John McDonald

Postby John McDonald » January 26th, 2009, 3:29 pm

I am deeply saddened by the loss of Kevin. He was a true gentleman of magic. He and Brian Glover always made time for me and he never mocked my lousy attempt at a pass. I remember him speaking very fondly of his great mate Peter Kane and of his love of Magic and singing. I was hoping to say hello at Blackpool later this month. as I noticed him posting on a forum just last week and messaged him. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
Magic will miss you Kevin.

John
Best John

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » January 27th, 2009, 9:00 am

I was introduced to Kevin and Brian by Bob Read. He was a great fan of magic and knew his stuff. He was a regular at the International convention and many others and never failed to give me a big greeting and a smile.

He will be missed.

Matt Field

AnthonyBrahams

Postby AnthonyBrahams » January 30th, 2009, 11:56 am

Very, very sad. I spent much time at conventions with Kevin, and Brian to whom I have spoken because sympathy is for him as for Kevin's family. I shall miss the fun, great magic and ability, generosity, warmth and friendliness of someone it was such a pleasure to be with.

Anthony
Anthony

Return to “Buzz”