Magician Themed Supernatural and CA ref

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
Jonathan Townsend

Magician Themed Supernatural and CA ref

Postby Jonathan Townsend » January 15th, 2009, 1:08 pm

A quick look via www.tvguide.com showed next week's (Jan 22) episode of the WB show Supernatural (on after Smallville) has a magician themed episode. The listing also has a provocative title making reference to a certain Las Vegas performer currently working with Cirque.
Last edited by Jonathan Townsend on January 15th, 2009, 1:10 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: touche?

Mark Paulson

Re: Magician Themed Supernatural and CA ref

Postby Mark Paulson » January 22nd, 2009, 9:07 pm

It's on tonight at 9pm on the WB. "The main characters visit a town full of magicians to investigate mysterious deaths. The three old-time magicians are named Jay, Charlie and Vernon."
Last edited by Mark Paulson on January 22nd, 2009, 9:08 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Check it out for the title of the episode.

Rick Ruhl

Postby Rick Ruhl » January 22nd, 2009, 9:09 pm

The title is "Criss Angel is a [censored]". What a riot!

David Alexander

Postby David Alexander » January 22nd, 2009, 11:25 pm

From the title I thought this was going to be a biography or reality TV. Turns out to be a scripted show on a series. The CA-type character gets killed by hanging.

Barry Bostwick's character turns down immortality, kills his best friend, quits magic, and turns to drink.

A happy ending for everyone.

flynn

Postby flynn » January 23rd, 2009, 3:43 am

That Criss Angel character's presentation for CTW was hillarious.

Rick Ruhl

Postby Rick Ruhl » January 23rd, 2009, 9:46 am

David Alexander wrote:From the title I thought this was going to be a biography or reality TV. Turns out to be a scripted show on a series. The CA-type character gets killed by hanging.

Barry Bostwick's character turns down immortality, kills his best friend, quits magic, and turns to drink.

A happy ending for everyone.

And to think Barry was once "Brad". (Rocky Horrible)

MaxNY
Favorite Magician: Jeff McBride

Postby MaxNY » January 23rd, 2009, 7:36 pm

He was once Britney Spears in a Pepsi commercial too.... He skiis on my mountain, but I never get the courage to say, "Hey aren't you Britney Spears?"...In the commercial, she then zips open her head/mask...and Barry come out saying, "No, I'm Barry Bostwick!"

Tom Frame
Favorite Magician: Del Ray

Postby Tom Frame » January 24th, 2009, 9:43 am

The episode was very cool. I swear that for several seconds in one or two scenes, Bostwick looked like John Calvert! Or it might be my meds.

Dale Shrimpton

Postby Dale Shrimpton » April 6th, 2009, 4:36 am

tHis aired here in the uk last night.I really enjoyed it.
Unlike most magic themed episodes, this gave some credibility to the characters, and they appeared in teh most part, like ordinary people. except, that odd individual who wore top hat, cloak, and tux, all the time.
the only thing i would say against the show,is... how boring was that magic convention?

it looked like there was only 6 magicians there for the whole week, and only 3 bothered to go to the bar for drinks...

That to me was slightly less probable than a magician selling his soul to the devil, for imortality.
:D :D :D

Return to “Alternative Media”