New Jinx Publications

Discuss your favorite books, authors, and tricks from Kaufman and Company.
Ricky Difeo

New Jinx Publications

Postby Ricky Difeo » November 7th, 2007, 3:22 pm

Hi !

I am searching information about the New Jinx publication for Bill Madsen. It was printed for Richard Kaufman?? Is one mentalism book like as Annemanns Jinx?
What opinion have to it? Is good?

Thank you.
Ricardo Difeo
La Plata - Buenos Aires - Argentina

Bob Farmer

Re: New Jinx Publications

Postby Bob Farmer » November 7th, 2007, 6:34 pm

Ricardo:

THE NEW JINX, while not quite as good as THE JINX was a great little magazine with a lot of very interesting ideas. Besides mentalism, it had a lot of other material. I used Danny Tong's TELETACT (pg. 45) and Ed Marlo's FORTUNATOS (pg. 63). Kaufman and Company have assembled all of the issues into one hardback volume and it's worth every penny.

Ricky Difeo

Postby Ricky Difeo » November 8th, 2007, 5:55 am

Hi BOB!

Very thanks. I have the wonderfull JINX (in paper) and they have very very usefull effects.

Thank.
Ricardo Difeo

flynn

Postby flynn » January 17th, 2009, 1:17 am

For those who own this book, what else are some of your favorite effects or routines from this book? Still havent gone thru this book thoroughly yet. So far I've seen some pretty cool coin ef fects and some effects Cyril's used in his show. Harry Lorayne's
"Out of my Control" is one I like also. Just need to practice the timing on it and you got an easy miraclulous effect.

flynn

Postby flynn » January 17th, 2009, 2:35 pm

The 13 part series on Anneman I liked reading too. For some reason I always thought he shot himself.

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » January 18th, 2009, 4:55 pm

Interesting; I don't remember giving permission to run Out Of My Control. That doesn't mean I didn't, just don't remember it. (Please "hold" your great memory jokes - I've heard 'em all!). HL.

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » January 18th, 2009, 5:02 pm

Incidentally, I'm selling some of my magic stuff (books) and one of the items is the 3-vol. set of The Jinx (Annemann's) pulished by Tannens. Contains volumes 1 to 151. Worth anything? HL

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 18th, 2009, 5:19 pm

Not too much.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » January 18th, 2009, 6:27 pm

Damn!!

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 18th, 2009, 9:50 pm

There are a lot of those reprints floating around, and it was later reprinted again by D. Robbins, and is now available on CD-Rom from Houdini Magic in Vegas (along with The Phoenix).
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » January 19th, 2009, 12:07 am

Too bad. But I gottem if anyone wantsem'. I have a long list of books I'll sell - need to make room on my walls. Let me know if you want the list - many items have already been sold. Want the list? Email me at harrylorayne@earthlink.net. HL.

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » January 19th, 2009, 12:08 am

PS: Some magic items also on the list. Example - full professional Linking Ring set. Measurements on the list. HL.

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » January 21st, 2009, 7:06 pm

Just to keep it up to date - Vols. 2 and 3 of the Jinx hardbacks have been sold. So only Vol. 1 is left, if anyone cares. I have a long (perhaps 14 pages) list of books and some magic items I'm willing to sell (need the room). I've sent it to quite a few people. But - another group keeps telling me that they can't "open" it on their computers. Anyway, I've been asked to post it here so all can read it, but it's so long, I don't think RK will allow it. (I had the same problem when I wanted to get rid of some of my VHS video cassettes [not of me, although I do have some of those originals left], but I never listed those here, either. Anyway... Best - HARRY L.

Return to “Kaufman & Company”