Topit Tapes

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

Topit Tapes

Postby Guest » January 11th, 2002, 6:28 am

I would like to learn more about the topit. Should I go with the Topit Tapes from Ammar or one of the other tape/books out there. I purchased the pattern but I don't quite have the hang of using it yet.

The tapes are not cheap...are they worth it?

Thanks,
robertsonmagic@hotmail.com

Sean Piper

Re: Topit Tapes

Postby Sean Piper » January 11th, 2002, 3:26 pm

If you've already been playing with the Topit for a while, and you're just after some introductory techniques and a few ideas, you may like to pick up the Michael Ammar lecture tape 'Magic, Mastery & You'.

In this tape he goes over the construction of the topit, different jackets, care for the jacket, bottle production, deck vanish, ball vanish, use of funkenring... plus many other little tips on loading and carrying items in the topit.

Very good value for money I feel, plus you get lots of other effects as well!

Postby Guest » January 12th, 2002, 9:20 am

Thanks for your help. Long ago...about 1982 or so, when I was in magic the first time. I attended an Ammar lecture. He used a topit without tipping the method. It seemed things vanished in mid air.

Now that I have grown up (?) and actually wear a jacket, I would love to pass this magic on...

Postby Guest » January 20th, 2002, 11:00 pm

MOST DEFFINATLY!!!!!! The "AMMAR TOPPIT TAPES" are the best quality in the world,(NO CONTEST).

Not to offend you, but how could you, but how could you ask such a question? Michael Ammar's name is written in big bold letters across the front of the package, and if Michael Ammar's name is on it, the IT MUST BE GOOD!!!

Also, check out PATRICK PAGE'S TAPE on the topit, as well as Cloutier's tape(s) on the tppit.

Althought these other tapes are good, go with the "AMMAR TOPIT TAPES" package because it really teaches you from the groud up about the art of using a topit. Once you've "MASTERED" the toppit (which is impossible, because nothing in magic can be mastered or perfected, but only improved), then try the Cloutier tapes because although they have good material, they are uselss unless you already know how to use a toppit.

GET THE AMMAR TAPE'S THEIR WORTH EVERY PENNY.

Also, Ammar is in the process of reprinting his "TOPPIT BOOK" which should be a wonderfull aid to the video package.

If you'd like, since i own a magic shop, can get any and all of these tapes for you.

YOU CAN CONTACT ME EITHER AT THE SHOP OR AT HOME AT:

PHONE: 1-(201)-836-3863

E-MAIL: magic_stu@hotmail.com

I also suggest the other Michael Ammar videos and products because they are first rate. Mike's other lecture tapes are also helpfull on the use of the toppit because they teach some cool new aplications for the toppit.
The "Ammar Toppit Tapes" package retails from between $80.00 AND $90.00, but I am always willing to bargain and and reduce the price.

KEEP THE MAGIC ALIVE,

STU

MSQM-PMDC (MSQM- Professional Magicians Devolopment Center for the Betterment of Professional Magicians and the Advancement of the Art of Magic)

PHONE: 1-(201)-836-3863

E-MAIL: magic_stu@hotmail.com

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: MSQM- STUART MISHORY ]

Postby Guest » January 20th, 2002, 11:01 pm

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: MSQM- STUART MISHORY ]

Terry

Postby Terry » January 21st, 2002, 6:01 am

MSQM- STUART MISHORY please release your caps lock key. Typing in all caps is the same as yelling. Just an FYI

Postby Guest » January 22nd, 2002, 7:29 am

Hi- Terry,

I fixed my post, is this alittle bit better. Thanks for the addvice, it really helped me.

Return to “General”