Hans Klock

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
George Olson

Hans Klock

Postby George Olson » January 6th, 2009, 8:18 pm

Anybody else see Hans' whirl-wind appearance on Ellen's show today. Must have done at least 5 illusions (and Card fan productions in the aisle in the middle of the audience) in a matter of 5 or 6 minutes.

The wind machine was off!

GO
Last edited by George Olson on January 6th, 2009, 8:20 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: spelling

Magic Newswire

Re: Hans Klock

Postby Magic Newswire » January 7th, 2009, 12:56 am

Sounds like Hans. An effect a minute.

Ryan Matney

Postby Ryan Matney » January 7th, 2009, 4:26 pm

I have a question for anyone that saw his full show in Vegas, Is he like that the entire show? Does he ever slow down, or speak?
Get the Dirty Work - Available now at http://www.ryanmatneymagic.com

Dave Egleston

Postby Dave Egleston » January 7th, 2009, 6:40 pm

Yes I saw his performance, it was the funniest show in Vegas!

I've never laughed so hard in my life at an "illusion" driven magic show. He dropped one of his twins on the floor so hard she limped off the stage in time to the music. In one of the THREE levitations he performed, he hit the floating girl so hard with the hoop she cried out in pain loud enough to hear in the 13th row.

In one of the THREE slush powder liquid to silk/confetti/then silk again he forgot to turn the glass around so you got a rather confusing look at the silk coming out of a glass and the "wine" was defying gravity.

His giant toilet paper tube illusion was hilarious, he put the girl in the upright tube, closed the 6 doors to hide the girl turned the tube sideways and put razor sharp blades between the sections of the tube - split the entire tube into six even sections about 10 inches apart, bowed, pushed the sections together - returned the tube to the upright position, pulled the razor sharp blade out of the tube, but ............. didn't pull the bottom most blade all the way out, as he was opening the individual doors, we saw the bottom blade shoot out onto the floor almost into the audience just as the last two doors were opened and we were treated to seeing the girl in a squat thrust position transitioning into a standing position.

It was a fun show until he tried perform Blackstone's floating light bulb. That was the point I wanted to actually fight this guy, my wife asked me - "is he trying too find a wire or something?" He walked from one side of the stage to the other like a guy in the dark looking for a light switch, then used BOTH HANDS to actually tie the bulb onto the anchored thread, the swung the bulb out over the audience for less than a 4 second round trip, not long enough for the average audience member to get that moment of astonishment we all live for.

The best part was when we decided to go see Hansie, we started to go to the ticket window and saw a guy in the middle of the lobby giving away tickets. We took advantage and got three seats 13 rows back - center stage.

I thought this might have been a one time comedy act but several of the locals assured me that the show I saw was pretty much "The Show". They had been there several times and never had to pay. Unfortunately the theater was less than a quarter full.

Dave

David Alexander

Postby David Alexander » January 7th, 2009, 8:50 pm

Maybe this is the "other show" Penn was talking about? Sounds like it might qualify.

Mark Paulson

Postby Mark Paulson » January 7th, 2009, 10:18 pm

Last summer I went to a show at the Planet Hollywood that had only about 20 audience members. I felt ripped-off for paying $10 for row two, center stage.
Last edited by Mark Paulson on January 7th, 2009, 10:18 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: It wasn't Hans Klok

Ryan Matney

Postby Ryan Matney » January 8th, 2009, 2:32 pm

That sounds hilarious. I can imagine Hans running like a madman from illusion to illusion for an hour.

How do people like this get the money to buy all of those props? Who backs them?

Wasn't it Keith Barry performing at Planet Hollywood back in the summer? No Need to be coy.
Get the Dirty Work - Available now at http://www.ryanmatneymagic.com

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » January 8th, 2009, 2:43 pm

He did the manic illusionist thing on the World Magic Awards show. That didnt bather me at all, its just that of the four or five illusions he did, at least three of them had him transposing with his assistant. Same trick, different box. The best of them was his version of Mark Wilsons Aquarian illusion; the change was almost instantaneous. Butagainit was the third time he had changed places with the girl.

Dustin

CraigMitchell

Postby CraigMitchell » January 8th, 2009, 2:56 pm

Hans has the support of a very successful European promoter as far as I remember ...

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » January 9th, 2009, 1:55 am

you got it Craig... a rich guy that ... well you figure it out.
Stay tooned.

David Oliver

Postby David Oliver » January 9th, 2009, 9:21 am

Memorable magic moments...

Thurston - "... she vanished like a fading cloud."

Blackstone - "...something you'll remember the longest day you live."

Hans Klock - "...she limped off the stage in time to the music." (via Dave Egleston)

Wow. Thanks for making me smile today.
- DO

Return to “Buzz”