Chris Capehart

Discuss the latest feature articles in Genii.
Bill Mullins

Chris Capehart

Postby Bill Mullins » November 21st, 2008, 3:19 pm

Just a note to say I really enjoyed Jamy Ian Swiss's interview with Chris Capehart. Before the article, I only knew his name and that he had a well-though-of Linking Ring routine. Upon finishing it, I immediately searched youtube for some perfomrance videos. I'd really like to see him perform live someday -- maybe he'll be at a convention near here.

I also ran across Earl Presto Johnson's sponge ball routine on Youtube (thanks for the hint, JIS!). Is he still active?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Chris Capehart

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 21st, 2008, 4:14 pm

Presto lives in a nursing home in New Jersey. I'm trying to get up there to interview him for Genii. I remember him well from Tannen's when I was a kid.

Chris Capehart is currently performing at The Magic Castle.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Richard Perrin

Postby Richard Perrin » November 21st, 2008, 5:55 pm

It is a great interview with Chris Capehart. Thanks Genii!

MagicBilly

Postby MagicBilly » November 21st, 2008, 6:11 pm

I have seen my fair share of shows at the Castle and in particular the Parlour, and without a doubt Chris Capehart is an absolutely brilliant performer.

There are so many things I could say about Chris and his show, but I'll leave it at run don't walk to his next performance.
Act Happy, Feel Happy, Be Happy with no reason in the World (D. Millman)

Jim Maloney

Postby Jim Maloney » November 21st, 2008, 8:03 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:Presto lives in a nursing home in New Jersey. I'm trying to get up there to interview him for Genii. I remember him well from Tannen's when I was a kid.

I caught a lecture he gave for the JMMRT a number of years ago -- he was very good, though certainly not in his prime. I can only imagine how good of a performer he was back then.

Where in Jersey is he? Let me know when you're going to be up this way, Richard.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 10th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)

Glen Guldbeck

Postby Glen Guldbeck » November 21st, 2008, 10:02 pm

I saw Chris Capehart perform last night in the Parlour. He was on fire!!! He performed Losander's floating table and Losander was sitting in the audience. It looked friggin' amazing. He got actress Neve Campbell up to help him and was a riot with her. Honestly, I don't think he had a clue who she was and called her up by saying "hey lady, you don't look busy...come up here". She was a great sport and he had her eating out of his hand. Actually, he had the entire audience eating out of his hand. And what a nice, appreciative guy. Waits at the exit door and thanks every single person for coming to the show. Can't wait to read the interview....

Glen

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » November 29th, 2008, 5:14 pm

Good seea friend from my home town on the cover of Genii...

Chris rocked the house when he lectured and performed at LVMI a few years ago...way to go Chris!
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » December 2nd, 2008, 12:55 pm

Our interview with Chris Capehart is now online. One of the most unique conversations that we've produced in awhile. ENJOY!

Spellbinder

Postby Spellbinder » December 3rd, 2008, 7:51 am

Am I the only one that received the December 2008 Genii with the entire Capehart interview missing? I have page 52, and all I can see are center staples. Apparently pages 53 to 68 never made it.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 3rd, 2008, 8:13 am

We've had one other notification that pages were missing. Please just contact the office and a replacement will be sent to you immediately.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Spellbinder

Postby Spellbinder » December 3rd, 2008, 11:42 pm

Thank you. I got an immediate reply that a replacement issue is on the way!
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

dlfodness

Postby dlfodness » December 7th, 2008, 4:52 pm

I saw Chris perform for the Joplin, MO, magic group a few years ago. Having brought my old "New Stars of Magic" copy of his linking ring routine for him to autograph, I knew his crash link, but was open-mouthed in amazement when he did it right in front of my face and I couldn't "catch" how he did it! What a performer and what a neat guy!

Return to “Feature Articles”