Bali Magic Festival 2009 (29-31 January, 2009)

Flying around the world for the perfect magic convention? Save some dough and share your room.
Shierly

Bali Magic Festival 2009 (29-31 January, 2009)

Postby Shierly » September 18th, 2008, 3:25 am

You are invited to join the most spectacular magic festival ever on earth. Yes, come to Bali Magic Festival held on 29-31 January 2009 in Bali, an island of Paradise in Indonesia. You will meet Max Maven, the world's number one mentalist, who will deliver a superb lecture and hundreds of magician world wide. Bring your family and friends to Bali Magic Festival and have a wonderful holiday in one of the most beautiful islands in the world. It's trully a once of a life time experience you will never forget, See you there....!

For further information, please visit www.

Cheers,

organizing commitee

Shierly

Re: Bali Magic Festival 2009 (29-31 January, 2009)

Postby Shierly » September 18th, 2008, 1:00 pm

[size:17pt]For further information, please visit www.balimagicfestival.com[/size]

Mike Remington

Postby Mike Remington » September 20th, 2008, 12:39 am

Bali is already one of the most magical places on earth. An incredible exotic Hindu based culture with thousands of temples. Art and music are an important part of the culture. If you go, make sure that you see something other than the beaches and bars. I love Ubud in the hills and the surrounding countryside. The bicycle trip from the top of the volcano to Ubud through the back roads and small villages is nice. The children in the villages where you stop for a rest are always happy to see magic.

Greg Edmonds

Postby Greg Edmonds » September 20th, 2008, 3:25 pm

Don't get me wrong, Max is the most brilliant mind I've encountered in many areas, but I wonder what, by your definition, defines "the world's number one mentalist?"

Is it TV exposure, money made annually as a working mentalist (as opposed to a writer, lecturer, or whatever and mentalist), or perhaps reputation among professional mentalists (there really aren't all that many) versus reputation among the general magic community?

Once again, no offense to Mr. Maven, I'd venture most reading this regard him as tops in the field. I just have an aversion to statements of opinion versus objectivity if the qualifying standards are not specified. In addition, I find that I have too much free time today.

In any event, the gathering sounds wonderful and there's no doubt Max will be a highlight for those attending.

Greg Edmonds

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 20th, 2008, 3:37 pm

It's advertising hype! Jeez ...
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Greg Edmonds

Postby Greg Edmonds » September 20th, 2008, 10:49 pm

As my prior attempt to respond to Richard's response obviously failed, I'll give it one more go.

As sincerely noted, I wasn't disrespecting the widow-peaked one. My wife and daughter often advise me that my subtle attempts at humor are misguided. Apparently, this is (was) another case in point.

I harbored some hope that my closing reference to having "too much free time" today was an indication that my proverbial (if sometimes acerbic) tongue was planted at least loosely within cheek.

Perhaps the funniest (and most enjoyable) moment I personally experienced at a magic gathering was an ad-lib exchange between Mr. Maven (on stage) and Mr. Mullica (sitting next to me in the audience). It's a memory I will treasure as long as I'm equipped with one -- memory -- that is.

I would stop attempting to communicate while heavily medicated (but I'm always heavily medicated, and besides, what fun would that be?)

By the way, as I've broached a related subject above, I find myself wondering what makes one a "[color:#FF0000]Chief Genii[/color]?" Is it the fact that he or she operates the forum, or because he or she knows more important people than the mere mortal magician? Perhaps it's the affiliation with an old and beloved magazine? Maybe it's ...

Sorry, I have to go now; I think I hear the nurse coming down the hall.

Greg

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 20th, 2008, 11:19 pm

I am the Chief Genii because I own the magazine and the Forum. I'm the boss. The buck stops with me. The captain of the ship.
blah, blah, blah.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Greg Edmonds

Postby Greg Edmonds » September 20th, 2008, 11:29 pm

Oh. I thought it might be something like that.

Return to “Convention Room Mate Finder”