Lennart Green on TED

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Travis
Favorite Magician: Charles Morritt

Lennart Green on TED

Postby Travis » August 20th, 2008, 10:49 am

Scott M.

Re: Lennart Green on TED

Postby Scott M. » August 20th, 2008, 11:20 am

Wow, thanks.

Jim Martin

Postby Jim Martin » August 20th, 2008, 5:03 pm

Thanks for the post - it is the best 31:40 of magic I've seen in a long time.
Jim Martin
St. Louis MO

Green Skittle

Postby Green Skittle » August 21st, 2008, 5:53 pm

That was great. Was the guy with the foil just an ass or was it part of the act? Either way Lennart played it well, very funny with the penknife and the drinking of beer.

Travis

Postby Travis » August 21st, 2008, 6:05 pm

The foil is a bit that Lennart has been doing for some time. Great idea. Wish I'd thought of it.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 21st, 2008, 8:51 pm

Lennart started putting the foil on his head a while back and it's just hysterical.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

DrDanny

Postby DrDanny » August 21st, 2008, 11:56 pm

Outstanding! is there more? That may be the funniest card act I've ever seen. is there more?

Travis

Postby Travis » August 22nd, 2008, 12:50 am

Get Lennart's DVD series. There are 7 altogether and they're full of wonderful routines and ideas.
And even if you never perform a single one of them, Lennart's performances are extremely entertaining. In fact, I doubt that anyone else could really perform the routines to their full potential as they are so uniquely Lennart. It's really his unassuming personality and essence combined with his disarming style of sleight-of-hand that make his magic so powerful. Not to mention that he is an extremely funny man.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » August 22nd, 2008, 6:24 am

How much of his stage persona is really him?

I've not met him, but I find it hard to imagine that his stage character is not exactly how he is in real life?

DrDanny

Postby DrDanny » August 22nd, 2008, 10:06 am

Travis wrote: ... In fact, I doubt that anyone else could really perform the routines to their full potential as they are so uniquely Lennart.

Performance is all I'm really interested in, and I'm assuming that clip was from Vol 1 of the DVDs. Absolutely, the persona is what makes it so effective and funny. He's like my Uncle Harold (who thinks he's a Viking) with slightly better diction.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » August 22nd, 2008, 10:33 am

DrDanny wrote:
Travis wrote: ... In fact, I doubt that anyone else could really perform the routines to their full potential as they are so uniquely Lennart.

Performance is all I'm really interested in, and I'm assuming that clip was from Vol 1 of the DVDs. Absolutely, the persona is what makes it so effective and funny. He's like my Uncle Harold (who thinks he's a Viking) with slightly better diction.

No, the clip was from a TED talk he gave, although the routine is as per DVD with the addition of the tin foil bit.

David Corsaro

Postby David Corsaro » August 29th, 2008, 10:03 pm

To me, that is the perfect example of what a great magician should be like. Just the right mix of humor, magic and skill.

That should be required watching for all the young magicians out there who want to construct a great act.

David Corsaro
My new DVD ("Magic of David Corsaro") is available from your favorite dealer www.davidcorsaro.com

Brian W

Postby Brian W » August 30th, 2008, 8:00 am

I loved his warmup bit with the wrist turn explanation. Is that an old vaudeville gag?

Mark Phillips
Favorite Magician: Mac King

Postby Mark Phillips » August 30th, 2008, 5:30 pm

I saw Dr. Green in some of his first US appearances at FFFF. He was amazing then, but his presentation and performing style has really blossomed since. He is such a unique, entertaining character. I took some clients to the Castle one night several years ago and was shocked to find he was their favorite performer; I don't think he was performing full time then (not sure if he is now for that matter.)
Go practice.

Bill Mullins

30 minutes of Lennart Green

Postby Bill Mullins » October 6th, 2008, 1:55 pm

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Re: 30 minutes of Lennart Green

Postby Steve Bryant » October 6th, 2008, 2:42 pm

Fabulous! It's cool to see someone do close-up card magic for such a large crowd, and to have it play so well. And of course, it's Lennart ...

Jim Maloney

Postby Jim Maloney » October 6th, 2008, 2:45 pm

Bill,
I merged your thread with the original topic discussing Lennart's performance at the TED conference.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 10th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)

Dick Koornwinder

Postby Dick Koornwinder » October 6th, 2008, 9:17 pm

45 minutes of Lennart Green LIVE in Amsterdam.

November 2nd our local club Mysterium is celebrating their 25th anniversary and one of the highlights will be for sure the 45 minute show no lecture of Lennart Green. After the organizing committee had seen that wonderful performance at Ted Conference we thought it would be great to have Mr. Green as one of our performing guests at our party.

If it happens you are in the neighborhood I can only strongly advice not to miss this event. All information you can find on our website: http://www.magicsurpriseday2008.com I realize the language on the site is Dutch so if you are interested to attend our party dont hesitate to send me a PM and Ill give you all the info you need.

Kind regards,
Dick Koornwinder

Eli Bosnick

Postby Eli Bosnick » October 7th, 2008, 12:18 am

Lennart will be lecturing at Fantasma Magic the 17th of October see my post for more info...man's a genius.

Return to “Buzz”