Snapillusions - bad expierience...

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Martin_H

Snapillusions - bad expierience...

Postby Martin_H » August 21st, 2008, 10:19 am

I post this for a friend of mine:
Very bad experience with snap Illusions!
http://www.snapillusions.com/

The favourable offer emerged as an enormous flop and dupery!!

Since henceforth 5 months I am waiting for a standard illusion with minimal modifications. I have already paid the full amount and am being put off since then. After several reminders even to Gene Anderson himself there is no respond and no reaction in any way since about 6 weeks.

At the beginning of the assignment it all seemed to work out fine, we didnt seem to have any problems. Snap illusion promised us a delivery time of 8 - 10 weeks. Today they deny everything and wont refund us as required.

Keep your hands off this untrustworthy retailer!!

Daten/Zahlen/Fakten:

On the 28th February 2008 we had ordered an illusion at the company Snap/Illusions. Up until the present day we have been put off and every time we have been promised that the illusion is already or almost finished and actually they just need to send it.

We have ordered the illusion already a long time ago and at that time we had ordered it for a special show, which of course now already has past.

Since we are tired of being put off the whole time, we had requested an immediate remittance of the, by us already paid, remuneration to the amount of 2.145 $.

After our last Email, where we had requested an immediate remittance of the amount, they didnt write us back and we cannot reach them on the telephone.

It was to be shipped to the following adress:

Dr. Roman Szeliga
Traungasse 1
1030 Vienna
Austria

The name of the Person we ordered is Mrs. Tawni.

Re: Snapillusions - bad expierience...

Postby 000 » August 22nd, 2008, 3:23 am

May I ask what is the Gene Anderson connection? (T and R newspaper fame?)
I hope someone can assist the good doctor.

Martin_H

Postby Martin_H » August 22nd, 2008, 4:07 am

we got a very quick reply after this post - according to that information from snapillusions the parcel is on its way...?!
we will see, when it arrives....

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 22nd, 2008, 4:28 pm

I received an e-mail from the owner of Snap Illusions, who was not very happy about your post. So, I will leave it up to you, Martin_H, to tell us when your issue has been resolved. At that point, I will close the thread.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Ray T. Stott

Postby Ray T. Stott » August 23rd, 2008, 8:19 pm

2145$..Ach du liebe Gte!
That's a lot of Vienna sausages!
It's not about the magic; it's about the daily box office gross.

El Mystico

Postby El Mystico » August 24th, 2008, 2:34 am

Have Snap Illusions explained to you why they took five months and why they didnt reply to emails?
Or, since they seem to be aware of this thread, could they tell us here?
I think it would be in their interest.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 24th, 2008, 10:37 am

The owner of Snap has e-mailed me several times trying to get the thread removed. I told him that once the owner of the item states it has been delivered, I would lock the thread. I don't know why he hasn't posted here, and he gave me no specifics regarding this particular transaction.

Christopher Starr

Postby Christopher Starr » September 4th, 2008, 11:56 am

The owner of Snap Illusions has been quite successful at having all negative remarks about him removed from any and all threads on the Magic Caf forum. He has apparently successfully taken advantage of their zero tolerance policy of any negative criticism of any magic dealer.

I appreciate your keeping this thread open awaiting confirmation from Martin H as to whether his friend's experience has been resolved.

Sebastien L.

Postby Sebastien L. » September 4th, 2008, 12:34 pm

I wholly support keeping this thread open until the issue is resolved. As a somewhat infrequent buyer who uses these message boards to find items, one of the greatest fears I have is the possibility that if I am ripped off I may not be able to do anything and may even have my warnings about the seller removed by moderators.

I truly hope everything will get sorted out for you, Martin (& Dr. Szeliga). I have to say that the seller's actions, including the attempt to censor this thread, don't speak very well of their company, and I hope they are reading this and paying attention. Were I running a business and had I seen a thread like this by one of my customers, my first reaction would be to get everything sorted out to the satisfaction of the customer as quickly as possible so that they can post an apology (if appropriate), not ask the administrators to censor the thread before the customer can confirm that everything has been taken care of.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » September 4th, 2008, 1:01 pm

This reader ponders the identity of the owner of snap and what motivates this thread's posters use of the third person when describing the principals and their associates.

vaguely someone's

this writer
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Sebastien L.

Postby Sebastien L. » September 4th, 2008, 3:14 pm

Jonathan, my motivation is probably being a piss-poor writer and a non-native speaker.

Rereading my message I would say I spoke in the third person regarding the company because I feel this applies to every company, not just the one being discussed.

Noel Grassy

Postby Noel Grassy » September 4th, 2008, 10:49 pm

Here Here Sebastien!
Too many sites are intimidated by god-knows-what and won't allow any negative comments about deals gone bad. Hence, unwitting customers are doomed to repeat the same sort of waste of time, money, and life in general. Sadly the principal is encouraged to
keep getting rewarded for his suspect behavior. It seems especially suspect if their only concern is first deleting any negative comments rather than make good on a contract.

Mr Kaufman you are to be praised

hugmagic

Postby hugmagic » September 5th, 2008, 11:05 am

I also commend Richard for keeping this thread open. It is not bashing when there is a repeated problem with a dealer. This is simply an effort to protect others from being taken advantage of.

Every dealer eventually has an unsatisfied customer. He does what he can to placate that person. Sometimes, he cannot not. But repeated problems with the same dealer,. who writes in the third person, should be a red flag for all in magic.

Richard
Richard Hughes
www.hughesmagic.com

SteveP

Postby SteveP » September 6th, 2008, 9:08 am

The owner of Snap Illusions is Jack Moyer:

http://moyermagicshow.com/

This thread doesn't surprise me as he has a reputation for not delivering products. He has a knack for lots of excuses, most notably is the shipment got lost.

I ordered a product from him 3 years ago and he even sent me a UPS tracking number - another ruse. Anyone can generate a UPS tracking number without a shipment. Several phone calls with UPS, they told me there was never a request to for pick up.

Moyer had been doing this on ebay for the longest time and every time his account was shut down, he would start a new one.

I wouldn't be surprised if this product is never delivered and the buyer never sees a refund.

Moyer was not successful in getting every Cafe thread taken down. Here's two:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=129385&forum=36

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=200156&forum=7

hugmagic

Postby hugmagic » September 6th, 2008, 6:52 pm

He once operated under Mid West Magic.

I think it is deplorable that the posts on the cafe were taken down. I commend Richard for letting this informational posting (not bashing) continue.

Richard
Richard Hughes

www.hughesmagic.com

Martin_H

Postby Martin_H » September 8th, 2008, 4:34 am

News on this transaction:
Roman Szeliga ist happy to announce, that he has received his Illusion now - without doubt thanks to the pressure of your replies in this Forum and in the Magic Cafe! We also got reactions via email, that we are not the only customer of Snapillusions with such experiences - in Romans case only a very long delivery time!
I will keep you informed about the quality of the Illusion.
Martin

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 8th, 2008, 12:36 pm

As promised, the item has been received and the thread is now locked.

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”