San Diego

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.
David Thomas

San Diego

Postby David Thomas » August 12th, 2008, 11:41 pm

Hi I will be in San Diego next week. Does anyone know of any good magic stores there?

Thanks!

Matt R

Re: San Diego

Postby Matt R » August 13th, 2008, 6:19 pm

I believe all the magic shops in San Diego have closed. There was a magic shop in Escondido (30 minutes North) but it seems they have now closed as the web site and phone number are both no longer working.

Don Knox
Favorite Magician: John Carney, Whit "Pop" Haydn, Eugene Burger

Postby Don Knox » August 13th, 2008, 11:51 pm

There is one in Old Town Temecula which is about 50 minutes North on the Interstate 15. It is a popular spot for people shopping for antiques. I was there about nine months ago and they said I had just missed a David Regal lecture.

Naphtalia

Postby Naphtalia » August 14th, 2008, 12:06 pm

You may also want to check with the local IBM ring - I forget the # but Bob Ingalls was president last I was there. They meet in a place on University at about 42nd called "Jack's Place." It's owned by Jack White and houses a wonderful collection of vintage magic items.

The one in Temecula is called "The Trick Shop."

If you make it up towards Disneyland, there are two shops in Orange County.

One is Best Magic (that's where I work sometimes.) It's located at the SW corner of Magnolia and Orange in Anaheim. The address is:

625 S Magnolia Av
Anaheim, CA 92804

The other shop is Ken Sands place - Magic Galore and More. It's located in a bowling alley in Westminster. I can only tell you good things about Ken and his place. Unfortunately, I can't lay my hands on the address quickly.

If this area is of interest, there is more around here and I'd be happy to get you more info.
Naphtalia

Impropriety is the soul of wit.

David Thomas

Postby David Thomas » August 14th, 2008, 2:51 pm

Yeah thanks I'm looking for stuff in downtown san diego or something that is on the way from LA to San Diego. Thanks a lot!

JimW

Postby JimW » August 15th, 2008, 8:19 pm

Not a magic shop, but I think you can still catch JC Wagner at the Little Club on Saturday afternoons:

http://www.jcwagnersmagic.com/appearing.html

David Thomas

Postby David Thomas » August 15th, 2008, 9:15 pm

Yes! He's only there on Saturday's, and that's when I'll be there. Thanks a lot!

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”