Clown?

Discuss the latest feature articles in Genii.
Scott Fridinger

Clown?

Postby Scott Fridinger » June 18th, 2008, 5:09 pm

I found it strange, and maybe I missed something, but in the recent article with David Regal, which included pictures of David being "strangled" by celebrities both magical and not, the name given to Ronald McDonald was simply "clown". Was this intentional, or was it just someone not realizing that it was more than a simple clown?

I would think, but have no proof, that Ronald McDonald is more of a widely recognizable face, world wide, than most of the celebrities, magical or not.

Tom Stone

Re: Clown?

Postby Tom Stone » June 18th, 2008, 5:44 pm

Scott Fridinger wrote:someone not realizing that it was more than a simple clown?

Heh... most clowns I know would argue the opposite - that a Ronald-clone is less then a simple clown :)

Anyway, I guess that if Genii tried to print that Ronald McDonald had tried to strangle anyone at all, even in jest - there would be litigations for many years to come.

mai-ling

Postby mai-ling » June 18th, 2008, 11:13 pm

I haven't read the article,
but I agree with you that
Ronald is a very recognizable.

When AJ was still living in
Wisconsin, he came out to see
us perform. He had his back turned
to us while talking to a guy
out loud jokingly saying something like,
the great chinese magician, was probably
nearing 100 years old ...

My dad knew it was, and kicked
him in ass with his pointy shoes.

I told people my dad kicked
(the official) Ronald MacDonald
in the ass.

Just sayin'
you will remember my name
http://www.mai-ling.net
world's youngest illusionista

Scott Fridinger

Postby Scott Fridinger » June 19th, 2008, 4:57 pm

Tom Stone wrote:Heh... most clowns I know would argue the opposite - that a Ronald-clone is less then a simple clown :)

I meant no offense to any clowns out there, I meant simple as in simple subtitle. Thanks for keeping me in-line, would want any crazy death threat by balloon.

MaxNY
Favorite Magician: Jeff McBride

Postby MaxNY » July 12th, 2008, 11:01 am

It was here at this very funny forum, where a couple of years ago I complained about the silly shots in magic magazines that had magicians with celebrities, arm in arm like they were best friends....
I really liked the Regal shots. Great fun. hey David I would like to know, who wouldn't cooperate?

Return to “Feature Articles”