Savannah GA

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.
Mark Pettey

Savannah GA

Postby Mark Pettey » June 18th, 2008, 1:45 pm

I will be taking the family for a trip up to Savannah in August. Any restaurents with live magic ? Perhaps a magic or joke shop to visit ? Are there any rings or chapters of national groups ? Any guidance here is deeply appreciated...

Thanks !
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
ROBBiE the RiNGMASTER'S
CiRCUS of MAGiC!

Mitch Dutton

Re: Savannah GA

Postby Mitch Dutton » June 19th, 2008, 4:16 pm

I'm afraid that, although Savannah is a most magical town, there's not much there for magicians. I think the nearest club is an IBM ring around Hilton Head, a fur piece from Savannah. No shops, not even a magic shelf in the joke shops anymore... just take some great books with you and create your own good magic time. I'll be back there at the end of the month, so if I find anything then, I'll re-post! --Mitch

fredreisz
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon

Postby fredreisz » June 20th, 2008, 1:39 am

IBM Ring 349 is a wonderful Ring with an active membership. We meet on Hilton Head the first Monday of a month, Hilton Head is about 35-40 miles from Savannah...actually closer but this is how the roads go. There are a few professional magicians in the Savannah area and others near by. One of the most talented younger coin and card workers, Robert Moreland is in the Savannah area. There are magicians working weekly in restaurants and resorts on Hilton Head (I know best, Mick Ayers, Gary Mauer, George Jones...there are others.)

I am not familiar with people working weekly at standard places in Savannah. There may be some there. Peace...Fred Reisz
"The art of magic is the magic of art."

Mark Pettey

Postby Mark Pettey » June 20th, 2008, 1:34 pm

Thanks for the tips! We plan on retiring up there, as we have purchased some property in Spring Cove, about an hour south of town. Glad to hear there is a club that meets on Hilton Head. It won't be that far to drive.
Mark Pettey

Naples, FL

ROBBiE the RiNGMASTER'S

CiRCUS of MAGiC!

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”