"Magic & Meaning"

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Donal Chayce

"Magic & Meaning"

Postby Donal Chayce » June 6th, 2008, 10:23 am

Can anyone give me an approximate value for a copy of "Magic & Meaning" by Eugene Burger & Robert E. Neale? I've been looking for a copy and have found someone willing to sell me their copy, but they want me to make an offer and I have no idea how much this O-O-P book has been recently selling for.

Of course, I'm aware that "value" and "fair price" are subjective, and are largely based on how much a purchaser desires what's being offered for sale. Still, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
The MacGician®

Richard Hatch

Re: "Magic & Meaning"

Postby Richard Hatch » June 6th, 2008, 12:59 pm

The last time it was in print, it was priced at just $30, so if it were still in print (alas, it is not at the moment), we would price a used coopy in good condition at just $24. During the previous out of print phase, copies were trading for about $100 each, then it got reprinted and the price dropped with demand. You might check with Stephen Minch to see if he plans to reprint anytime soon, as that would obviously impact anticipated value on the book. We sold our last new copy in the summer of 2006, so it has apparently been out of print about two years now.

Donal Chayce

Postby Donal Chayce » June 6th, 2008, 2:24 pm

Thanks, Richard.
The MacGician®

Donal Chayce

Postby Donal Chayce » June 7th, 2008, 1:39 am

I sent Mr. Minch an email, and this was his reply:

"We do, indeed, plan a reprint of "Magic and Meaning". If fact, I have a new afterward for it by Bob Neale, and Eugene Burger is working on a
companion piece. We do not yet have a firm release date, but it should happen within the next twelve months. Thanks for your interest!

Best Wishes,
Stephen Minch
Hermetic Press, Inc."

So, if I'm unable to pick up a used copy at a reasonable price anytime soon, it sounds like I'll not have to wait too terribly long before an expanded reprint is released.

Thanks again, Richard!
The MacGician®

Cugel

Postby Cugel » June 7th, 2008, 3:29 am

Is there any truth to the rumor Silly Walter will be writing the prologue?

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”