Dave at Chatham Historic Dockyard, Kent, UK

Discuss the art of Children's Entertainment with your fellow performers.
Dave Andrews

Dave at Chatham Historic Dockyard, Kent, UK

Postby Dave Andrews » June 2nd, 2008, 8:00 pm

The Boys' Brigade are celebrating their 125th birthday this year, and I provided the children's entertainment at the Dockyard.
Hope you enjoy it

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl5cErjlmxg

Dave

Jolly Roger

Re: Dave at Chatham Historic Dockyard, Kent, UK

Postby Jolly Roger » June 3rd, 2008, 5:02 pm

Nice, Dave. I hear rumours you will be attending Kidabra this year. Is that true? We may be the only Brits there! It will be good to meet you. JR
www.ComicMagician.com
www.Magician.US.com
www.BestAssemblies.com
www.SpiritualStage.com

Dave Andrews

Postby Dave Andrews » June 3rd, 2008, 7:08 pm

Hello, JR, yes, sally (my wife) and I will be at Pigeon Forge - don't you just like that name.
Be good to meet you, Roger.

Dave

Jolly Roger

Postby Jolly Roger » June 4th, 2008, 12:19 am

It will be good to meet you and Sally too, Dave. I think you will find everything very cheap over here with the good exchange rate. I was at Blackpool in February, and found everything very expensive. I believe they have a very strange accent in Tenesseee, so it may be quite an eye opener for both of us, and we may not understand a word anyone says!! JR
www.ComicMagician.com

www.Magician.US.com

www.BestAssemblies.com

www.SpiritualStage.com

Mark Pettey

Postby Mark Pettey » June 4th, 2008, 1:56 pm

Nice clip Dave ! By the way, I hear Tom Riddle is planning to attend Kidabra, so you will have a British triumvirate.
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
ROBBiE the RiNGMASTER'S
CiRCUS of MAGiC!

Jolly Roger

Postby Jolly Roger » June 4th, 2008, 6:14 pm

Who is Tom Riddle? Is he not a character from the Harry Potter stories? JR
www.ComicMagician.com

www.Magician.US.com

www.BestAssemblies.com

www.SpiritualStage.com

Mark Pettey

Postby Mark Pettey » June 4th, 2008, 8:35 pm

He is a crusty curmudgeon from Chelsea,UK that haunts the Cafe. He always has some VERY interesting things to say ! He has been around, and seen alot. He recently lost his wife to illness, and per doctors orders, has decided to take a trip for therapy. He decided on Kidabra. And yes, that is his REAL name !
Mark Pettey

Naples, FL

ROBBiE the RiNGMASTER'S

CiRCUS of MAGiC!

Jolly Roger

Postby Jolly Roger » June 6th, 2008, 10:59 am

"He is a crusty curmudgeon from Chelsea,UK that haunts the Cafe. He always has some VERY interesting things to say ! He has been around, and seen alot."

Sounds interesting. It will be good to meet another Brit. I used to live in Chelsea many years ago when I was at Drama School in London! Will you be at Kidabra Mark? JR
www.ComicMagician.com

www.Magician.US.com

www.BestAssemblies.com

www.SpiritualStage.com

Mark Pettey

Postby Mark Pettey » June 6th, 2008, 8:52 pm

I think there are problems with the forum tonight. I have tried three times to reply, and it keeps getting deleted for some reason.
Mark Pettey

Naples, FL

ROBBiE the RiNGMASTER'S

CiRCUS of MAGiC!

Mark Pettey

Postby Mark Pettey » June 6th, 2008, 8:56 pm

Hmmm, that time worked !

No , I won't be attending. Money this summer goes to family and my son's future college expenses. By the time he gets there, the costs will be phenominal. I am glad (and lucky) to say I am too busy that weekend to go that far from home.

I am sure I will hear lots of reasons why my decision is the wrong one from fellow Kidabrites, but that's OK. I have never been one to follow the flock, as a rule.
Mark Pettey

Naples, FL

ROBBiE the RiNGMASTER'S

CiRCUS of MAGiC!

Mark Pettey

Postby Mark Pettey » June 7th, 2008, 10:57 am

Word is now Mr. Riddle has no desire to come, since he feels there will be too much emphasis on Gospel Magic ?!? I have never felt that Kidabra pushes that on anyone. I know some, (certainly not all), of the performers have strong Christian beliefs, but not sure where he got the idea it was a gathering based around Gospel magic...
Mark Pettey

Naples, FL

ROBBiE the RiNGMASTER'S

CiRCUS of MAGiC!

Mark Pettey

Postby Mark Pettey » June 7th, 2008, 10:58 am

Hmm, once again this morning, I have tried sevral times to post, and it simply disappears when I hit the "submit" button.
Mark Pettey

Naples, FL

ROBBiE the RiNGMASTER'S

CiRCUS of MAGiC!

Jolly Roger

Postby Jolly Roger » June 7th, 2008, 11:09 am

I was on the Kidabra Forum yesterday, and Dennis Michael mentioned that they used to have some Gospel magic days prior to the convention, but I don't believe this is the case any more. It is a shame if this would prevent him coming, but I do believe it is a mistake to mix religeon and entertainment at a magic convention, which is for believers and non-believers. JR
www.ComicMagician.com

www.Magician.US.com

www.BestAssemblies.com

www.SpiritualStage.com

Mark Pettey

Postby Mark Pettey » June 8th, 2008, 12:55 am

I seriously doubt Tom will be there now. He and his companion Tony have been hurling insults at every American magician on the "green" site for the past 24 hours or so. The fight has gotten very ugly. He has made some deplorable statements about American entertainers, and made a point to single out people like Silly Billy, a guest lecturer at the upcoming convention, as being inferior performers. Truly vitrolic stuff. So sad.

I am truly glad my summer will be a busy one, so I won't waste my time reading anymore of the awful things those two keep posting.

ALthough I have enjoyed a few days off between season and summer, vacation time is over. Summer camps starts on Monday. Time to put my head down, plunge into the work tunnel, and get back to performing magic for children, the second most important thing in my life (my family comes first).

By the way, Roger, I checked out your website. It is beautiful ! Wish I could see you work sometime. Your theatrical background must really be a wonderful thing to draw on in your magic performances.

Have a great summer....
Mark Pettey

Naples, FL

ROBBiE the RiNGMASTER'S

CiRCUS of MAGiC!

Jolly Roger

Postby Jolly Roger » June 8th, 2008, 7:13 pm

"By the way, Roger, I checked out your website. It is beautiful! Wish I could see you work sometime. Your theatrical background must really be a wonderful thing to draw on in your magic performances."

Thank you so much, Mark. However, it is really my wife you should be thanking, as she did the whole website. I know virtually nothing about computers!! Yes, I certainly think that having a background in theatre does help in this profession. I am currently writing a book that deals with that very subject, and I hope it will be published before the end of the year. I shall keep you posted! JR
www.ComicMagician.com

www.Magician.US.com

www.BestAssemblies.com

www.SpiritualStage.com

Return to “Children's Entertainment”