Reel Magic Quarterly #4

Talk about what is being written in other magic publications.
Jeff Haas

Reel Magic Quarterly #4

Postby Jeff Haas » April 16th, 2008, 2:55 am

I got the latest "issue" of Reel Magic Quarterly today. If you don't know this, it's a quarterly DVD that's sort of a magazine-format TV show, about magic.

David Regal reviews products in it, and he's always got something funny to say about the stuff he's looked at. His spot this issue creased me up.

There's also an interview with Bill Malone, a conversation with Mark Wilson, and more. But my favorite thing is Regal reviewing tricks...the worse the trick, the better.

Dale Shrimpton

Re: Reel Magic Quarterly #4

Postby Dale Shrimpton » April 16th, 2008, 11:40 am

great. Mine will no doubt be with me in the next few days.
I see on the site, that they are now going to be doing 6 editions a reay instead of 4. Lord nows how they can do it for the price.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 16th, 2008, 1:31 pm

They can do it for that price because their production costs are miniscule and you can press DVDs for 50 cents a piece or less (probably).
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Dale Shrimpton

Postby Dale Shrimpton » April 21st, 2008, 8:28 am

so...ever thought of putting Genii onto dvd Richard?
:grin:

from a consumers point of view, the format takes up a lot less room than printed paper. :)

Dave Egleston

Postby Dave Egleston » April 21st, 2008, 1:14 pm

Well, I think they have a good product and content but I won't resubscribe because I can't find the time to read them - I have all four issues and have only "read" the first issue. The other three are still in their bubble wrap.

With me: it's a matter of finding a way to read them, unlike a magazine, I can't just grab it sit down at a Denny's restaurant with a cup of coffee and leaf leisurely through it. It takes nearly all my allotted coffee break time to power up and power down my laptop.

If I worked at a desk I would probably enjoy this format a lot more.

Dave

Return to “Other Magic Publications”