Martinka Auction - 100s of Items Just Added

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
martinka

Postby martinka » March 20th, 2008, 2:43 pm

Our 28th auction is now underway with 100s of items already listed. You'll find some great books, memorabilia and apparatus.
Some features are a nice collection of cups, a collection of Alan Warner items and many other assorted treasures.

We will be adding posters and more books and apparatus over the next week, so check in daily.

As always, you can view the auction at:

www.martinka.com/auction

Enjoy!

Ted
Ted Bogusta
Martinka & Co.
wwww.martinka.com
201-444-7576

martinka

Re: Martinka Auction - 100s of MORE Items Added

Postby martinka » March 25th, 2008, 1:21 pm

We just released over 200 more lots on the site.

You'll find many desirable and out of print books, Alan Warner effects, Some nice cups, posters, paper and more.

You can view the newly added items from this link:

http://www.martinka.com/martinka/auctio ... sp?CMD=NEW

Enjoy!

Ted
Ted Bogusta
Martinka & Co.
wwww.martinka.com
201-444-7576

martinka

Postby martinka » March 30th, 2008, 2:46 pm

Just a few more hours to go...

Ted
Ted Bogusta
Martinka & Co.
wwww.martinka.com
201-444-7576

naquada

Postby naquada » March 31st, 2008, 4:17 am

Well I tried on a few things... but.. got slightly above my limit in the end on a number (only just though!!)
Member of The Magic Circle
www.magicconventionguide.com

Joe Naud
Favorite Magician: Vernon, Tamariz, Carney, DaOrtiz, Mac King

Postby Joe Naud » March 31st, 2008, 11:00 am

Has anyone else noticed that many items from the Martinka auction go for way more than you might find them for on ebay? I have to admit that I watch ebay daily for books and the prices there seem consitantly a third to half as much as they go for on Martinka and ebay does not have the 10% charge to the buyer on top of the bid. Card Craft went for around $300 at Martinka, I think the last price I remember at Ebay was a lot closer to $200. I don't know if buying from Martinka makes people feel more comfortable in what they are getting or what.
Peace, Joe

Jeff Pierce Magic

Postby Jeff Pierce Magic » March 31st, 2008, 11:13 am

I won two items and i'm confident that what i will receive is exactly as mentioned in the Martinka auction. it's a piece of mind and I'm happy with my wins. I'd like to know the percentage of collectors versus no collectors who visit Martinkas.

Jeff Pierce

Jinx

Postby Jinx » March 31st, 2008, 12:13 pm

I won my first bin on Martinka,I usually watch it pretty close. I also think the exact opposites in that I believe the prices on Martinka represent the actual price of the book or product. I don't think it gets over inflated. Also I consider my self a practicing collector.
"There's a lot of good magic in that book, to bad you have to have skill to do most of it".

Kurt Lee Flickner

Postby Kurt Lee Flickner » March 31st, 2008, 1:05 pm

I think it has a lot to do with many collectors/buyers have become disenchanted with Ebay.
1. They have gotten burned
2. Very time consuming to sort through all the garbage to find the valuable, or worthwhile things.
3. A lot of buyers don't like the fact that on ebay, you lose out at last second to sniping, and you have no chance to counter bid.

Some collectors in thier real life day job may make couple hundred dollars an hour or more. For them is it worth thier time (many hours) to sort through ebay on a regular basis, to find that item they want, even though they will save a couple hundred dollars.
Kurt Lee Flickner
www.MagicEstateSale.com

martinka

Postby martinka » April 2nd, 2008, 10:36 pm

I hope you had fun bidding, watching and possibly winning at this auction. We were pleased with the results and so far we have received some nice feedback from both buyers and sellers. As always, you can view the results on the site.

Post auction sales included, over 90% of the items we listed have been sold. Interestingly, we noted that there was a higher amount than usual of new folks bidding. I don't know if it is the selection, more people finding out about us or a trend towards more collectors ? Any thoughts ?

In addition to packing and shipping this auction, we are also preparing for the next one. While it is filling fast, there is still some time, if you have items that you would like included, please email me. magic@martinka.com

Thank you,
Ted

PS: Jeff & Jinx, thank you for participating. Ted
Ted Bogusta
Martinka & Co.
wwww.martinka.com
201-444-7576

Joe Naud

Postby Joe Naud » April 2nd, 2008, 10:58 pm

When will invoices be going out? I sent you an email yesterday, but have not heard back. Thanks!!
Peace, Joe

martinka

Postby martinka » April 3rd, 2008, 4:23 pm

Hi Joe,

They are online now, to see yours, on the auction page, click on "My Invoice".

Thanks for your purchase.

Ted
Ted Bogusta
Martinka & Co.
wwww.martinka.com
201-444-7576

Joe Naud

Postby Joe Naud » April 3rd, 2008, 4:53 pm

Ted, Thanks very much, I just made my payment.
Joe

Sal Perrotta

Postby Sal Perrotta » April 4th, 2008, 1:51 am

I would like to try to answer Joe's very relevant question: why do things sell for more on Martinka then on ebay?

I think that ebay does a disservice to the sellers by artificially ending the auction at a specific time. As Kurt has noted: a bidder can get sniped at the last minute and he does not have the choice to bid again. Thus, the prices on ebay do not reflect all of the possible bidder activity. On Martinka, all bidders have the option to reexamine their high bid and as a result, the prices on Martinka reflect ALL the bidders thinking on a particular item.

On Martinka, you will find NO frustrated bidders who feel they have missed out on bidding as the auctions all are extended by 15 minutes if a bid is placed at the end. By giving the bidders that extension, Martinka is a FAR SUPERIOR auction platform. This extension of time allows the sale prices to continue to rise above the "surprise" snipe amount that artificially ends the auction on ebay. As a result, prices are allowed to rise to what the bidders actually are willing to pay.....and that amount is frequently above the ebay selling price!

It IS my opinion that Martinka is better for both bidders and sellers than ebay!!

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”